ADVERTISEMENT

SMH at KSR right now

Recently got to look behind the wall of a site. A basketball post about some dude from Austrailia was getting 3200 clicks. Closest football post was getting 125. Opened my eyes. This board is a very small minority and if you want to talk football, better come here.

That is pretty mind blowing, although I'd be interested to look at it over a bigger sample size. I'm not sure how far you went back...maybe you did like a week or so. That tells you all you need to know about why they talk about the things they do the most on the show...its all about ratings. To be honest, it is amazing football gets as much coverage on the show/site as it does with that big a difference in interest (if a larger sample size yields similar huge gaps in the number of clicks).

And I have to say to defend a radio host's lack of sports' knowledge that none of the radio hosts in Nashville, TN...other than our former TItans NFL players know jack crap about strategy of football either. They just repeat the same bland generic stuff that anyone on here can spout about the game. This site is full of message board coaching experts who think they know as much as Cal or Stoops...but honestly I take strategic game talk serious from very few. This is all in good fun posting on here and posting about games...nothing near as big a deal to life as we make it out to be all the time.

Reactions: adolph rollingover
A simple look at the number of posts and posters on this board compared to rafters should tell you all you need to know.

• If you've followed UK football for, say, the last ten years, then you should be used to the unreal expectations associated with this team that arise every preseason from posters on these boards. But, fans do this because thinking and talking positively is much better than downing all aspects of the team openly. If you can't find anything positive at all in Stoops' efforts to build a defense then I suggest you spend your football afternoons sitting in another stadium in another town. This season may not pan out as many expect but the talent level exceeds any team in recent memory.

Reactions: adolph rollingover
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT