ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Chuck Hayes

I'm sure it doesn't make any difference, but I HOPE that Calipari is fuming and humiliated over how control of the UK basketball program was wrestled from him and back into the hands of BBN and coaches who matter.

No one ever here ever guessed what my username meant, but I feel that now is the time to say it.

No
Coach
Is
Higher
Than
The
Program

I hope everyone has a great night, and go Pope and Big Blue Nation!
The way Al McGuire put it in the 70s were "They had it before you, they had it during you and they will have it after you"

Reactions: BlueSince92
Hayes was a beast. Played C quite a bit in the NBA at 6-6 because he could rebound and play D. For the Rockets IIRC.
Not just “quite a bit”, but nearly exclusively. After his first couple years, Chuck’s NBA minutes came almost entirely at the center spot. In fact, he had years where he started the entire season as Houston’s starting center.

Pretty amazing feat for a 6’6” dude who couldn’t jump well. On of the more improbable 10-year NBA careers ever.

A WHOLE LOT of the former players were NOT happy with the direction of the program under Cal these last few seasons. The way he downplayed winning the SEC or the SEC Tournament, playing nearly ALL of our big games at neutral sites, losing in Rupp to mid-majors and basically belittling ANYONE that questioned his way of doing things.

I told this board that Sam Bowie was NOT joking when he stated that if UK didn't win it all this year, it was on Cal. The former players were TIRED of Cal and what he had done to OUR program!! That's why we have seen NUMEROUS players from BEFORE the Cal era come out in support of Coach Pope!!
I didn’t see Bowie or Kenny Walker get off the bus at the press conference. Did anyone else notice if they were there?

I'm sure it doesn't make any difference, but I HOPE that Calipari is fuming and humiliated over how control of the UK basketball program was wrestled from him and back into the hands of BBN and coaches who matter.

No one ever here ever guessed what my username meant, but I feel that now is the time to say it.

No
Coach
Is
Higher
Than
The
Program

I hope everyone has a great night, and go Pope and Big Blue Nation!
It’s amazing you are still able to be so creative with the user names when you have had like 37 previous ones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT