ADVERTISEMENT

Shaedon Sharpe TIMELINE

last time I checked, Cal is the coach. correct? Cal makes the decision to play kids. so that pretty much moots that argument. You're presenting an argument that Sharpe gets to decide if he is going to play or not and still be an active member on the team.

If the kid isn't going to play, then again - don't put him on the bench, in uniform, warming up with the team before games. Have him back at school getting tutored, one on one drills in the gym, conditioning or sitting on his butt in the dorm.

Either you are a part of the team and it obligations as a player or not.

The day a coach wants a player to play and the player doesn't, and is still part of the team is the day that coach has given up control.

Maybe you support the idea of a kids handlers having control on who will play or wont for Kentucky, maybe you are all in on the idea of Sharpe sitting on the bench while TyTy plays hurt trying to win games. I am not.
And you KNOW Cal was entire responsible for hm not playing? How?

Can't you read? His mentor is Dwayne Washington, and he's quoted prominently at the top of this thread.

Man, talk about looking like a fool, you could have just read the OP and saved yourself from embarrassment.

"Ready, fire, aim" - jauk11

LOL
“It’s pretty idiotic. Everybody knew that this was an option, but we’re not taking it,” Washington told KSR. “He lost millions coming to school. He came to get better. … You come to get ready if you want to go to the NBA, which is one of the goals. You have to be ready. People don’t respect Calipari’s ability to develop enough, that’s why (Shaedon’s) there.

“He’s not there to sit on the bench and wave at fans. He’s coming back next year. If he doesn’t play this year, he’s coming back next year.”

From Waashington's post above.

Sounds like if he doesn't play this year they misled Cal. It also looks like they have a lot of respect for Cal as a coach, and his dad did play for him. And I still don't see how Cal going off on them IF they changed their mind is a good idea, sounds to me there is still a chance he plays next year, but none if he kicks him off the team. Optimists live longer, I have already proved that.
what I know is Cal is responsible for him being on the team and not playing.

whether the kid played or didn't play - its all on Cal.

I think the question you are trying to answer is - did Cal want him to play.
I think you have no idea how I think, I think Cal wants the kid to play, and things may have changed that he has no control over, And he is still for what is best for the kid. being for the kids should be a big advantage in recruiting high school AND transfer players

Gotta go, have fun being miserable over something you have zero control over..

Last edited:
Are you proposing it’s ok for players to refuse to play? Am I understanding correctly?
What would we have gained if he TRIED to make him play, This isn't a normal situation. I think there is always a chance a player can opt out, it is America, and what would he gain by kicking him off the team. What did it really cost UK, recruiting costs money, most of the time the money is wasted.

“It’s pretty idiotic. Everybody knew that this was an option, but we’re not taking it,” Washington told KSR. “He lost millions coming to school. He came to get better. … You come to get ready if you want to go to the NBA, which is one of the goals. You have to be ready. People don’t respect Calipari’s ability to develop enough, that’s why (Shaedon’s) there.

“He’s not there to sit on the bench and wave at fans. He’s coming back next year. If he doesn’t play this year, he’s coming back next year.”

Sounds like if he doesn't play this year they misled Cal. It also looks like they have a lot of respect for Cal as a coach, and his dad did play for him. And I still don't see how Cal going off on them IF they changed their mind is a good idea, sounds to me there is still a chance he plays next year, but none if he kicks him off the team. Optimists live longer, I have already proved that.

I think you have no idea how I think, I think Cal wants the kid to play, and things may have changed that he has no control over, And he is still for what is best for the kid. being for the kids should be a big advantage in recruiting high school AND transfer players

you are right about one thing, after reading your posts in defense of a coach not playing a player, I have no idea how you think.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
What would we have gained if he TRIED to make him play, This isn't a normal situation. I think there is always a chance a player can opt out, it is America, and what would he gain by kicking him off the team. What did it really cost UK, recruiting costs money, most of the time the money is wasted.
Hey Rip Van Winkle, I understand that you've been asleep while the rest of us have been litigating this issue, so I'll give you a partial pass on your regurgitating the same old tired, hackneyed talking points that the Cal Brigaders have been spewing futilely for months now.

But only a partial pass, because your unwillingness to read and bone up on a subject before announcing to the rest of the board that you're ignorant is on you.

The fact is that it DOES hurt the University, because it sets a precedent for future lottery picks to park their asses on the pine for a season or more, not play, grab all kinds of bennies and money, and then bolt to the NBA. What does Cal get out of that? He gets to hug it out on Draft Night and pretend that he 'coached' said player into his current position. I guarantee you the admin will not stand for that trend to continue.

What a coach with BALLS and PRINCIPLES would have done is, once he found out the kid wasn't going to play, tell him to get lost, take his uniform back, and kick him out of school and let him go sit on someone else's bench. Too harsh? Tough crap, it's a tough world and get over it. But I guarantee that would never happen again. And if he had gone to another school and rode their bench, who cares? We got ZERO production from Sharpe this year and will get ZERO next year as well.

Instead, the jellyfish spined Cal has now bent UK over for the foreseeable future.

Newsflash, genius - he's ALREADY walked back his initial statement on his intent to play next year. He's gone from "I will 100% be playing at UK next year" to "Nothing has been decided." If you're not smart enough to interpret that course of events then you're not worth talking to anyway.

If you think it’s ok for a coach to take orders from a player, there is nothing I can say that will make sense to you.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Sounds to me that nobody has misled anybody based on that time line. It just proves this is nothing more than haters trying to make it look far worse than it is by slurping on each other.

Sounds to me that nobody has misled anybody based on that time line. It just proves this is nothing more than haters trying to make it look far worse than it is by slurping on each other.
You're slipping, bassfat. You're c/p'ing your own posts into multiple threads. That's considered spamming and is against the rules.

Oh good lord. You demand to know who his handler is and I answer you. Then you move the goalposts. Typical. You're not capable of being intellectually honest.

But run along now! LOL

What is with your fascination for people slurping on each other? Keep your fantasies out of this board, perv.

If what you're suggesting is true, Cal needs to be transparent and publicly say what happened.

Would it hurt recruiting? Only with kids who won't play here anyway - the Kumingas, the Jalen Greens, etc.

Transparency is needed in the Sharpe Fiasco. Cal needs to set the record straight. The program gains nothing by hiding what really happened at this point.

If what you're suggesting is true, Cal needs to be transparent and publicly say what happened.

Would it hurt recruiting? Only with kids who won't play here anyway - the Kumingas, the Jalen Greens, etc.

Transparency is needed in the Sharpe Fiasco. Cal needs to set the record straight. The program gains nothing by hiding what really happened at this point.
The problem is Cal gives 0 $hit about the program Cal only cares about Cal. He could care less how this whole Sharpe fiasco looks on the program. He’s going to pretend he didn’t know that Sharpe wasn’t going to play a minute here when that was the plan all along. Cal will show up in the green room with his boys Sharpe and Ty Ty while they both get drafted in the 1st round . Like Cal has said for 13 years it’s about the draft baby!!!!! Then rinse and repeat next year

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
It's funny some ppl on here think cal should've caused a huge circus, slashed the kids tires, and focused all his time on running the kid out of town, just so bobby in Nonesuch would be happy. Maybe he should've called a press conference and threw the kid under the bus and everyone could've cheered.

So there's 2 things here.
A. No one would turn the #1 recruit down. No one. I even understand him not playing him initially because we were good when he got here and no need to mess with anything.

B. The actual problem is Cal saying over and over he was going to be here.

It's a weird incidence that to my knowledge hasn't happened. But in not losing sleep and obsessing over something I cannot change.

All I've been saying is Cal shouldn't have let the kid wear the uniform, sit on the bench and going out for warmups during games if he had no intention of playing him.

I find it hard to believe that didn't cause chemistry issues when they saw him drive off in his Porsche after a loss.

It's funny some ppl on here think cal should've caused a huge circus, slashed the kids tires, and focused all his time on running the kid out of town, just so bobby in Nonesuch would be happy. Maybe he should've called a press conference and threw the kid under the bus and everyone could've cheered.

So there's 2 things here.
A. No one would turn the #1 recruit down. No one. I even understand him not playing him initially because we were good when he got here and no need to mess with anything.

B. The actual problem is Cal saying over and over he was going to be here.

It's a weird incidence that to my knowledge hasn't happened. But in not losing sleep and obsessing over something I cannot change.
Why should we should let the kid leach off the program? That is a bad precident to set.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Just wait if Sharpe declares. The complaining now will be paltry in comparison.
Sharpe will declare. I’ve come to grips with it. The first page of this forum filled with sharpe threads is pointless. It’s just people going and bumping old threads. We know sharpe is gone. At least wait until he officially declares before losing it

BTW, where’s LCC been? I haven’t seen him post in about a week or so. TIA
LCC is banned, last post 3-30; however, I'm pretty sure @kentuckycriedfricken and possibly @HydroCat are LCC. I've called out KCF on it and he responded with the same jargon as LCC, including a block which is par for the course with LCC. KCF also bumped a number of LCC posts and desperately wants to give LCC credit for anything Sharpe related.

He also started frequently posting on 3-30 while LCC stopped on 3-29. Oddly enough Hydro created his account on 3-30.

The fact I found all of this during my 15 break is something and there's so much more but I'm not going to worry about that until later. Just calling out LCC because he's been an ass to others so I'm just returning the favor.

Why bump each thread or give LCC credit under each post if you just created your account in February but started frequently posting in April?

Just did a search and found this.

LCC called this back in mid January.

LowCountryCat was right.

Just wait until LCC gets back from his sabbatical. All hell's gonna break loose LOL

Looks like LCC was more right than he knew. Now Cal was hurting his own players to keep Sharpe off the floor.

Fire him.

NOW.

LCC was a prophet. He took a lot of grief for his Sharpe/Cal should be fired thread.

Even the post below seems to be an odd one. KCF is upset that @Gromcat is getting credit over LCC

That's SOOOOO dumb. Grom wasn't even the first person talking about Sharpe. It was LCC.

They've used the same gifs to communicate with other posters, so there's another similarity. They also like to use the word "block" or "ignore" much more frequently than other posters.

47fdafd0-8c9a-4a25-bb8d-2dc136320044_text.gif

Wow that's a big word. Congrats.
47fdafd0-8c9a-4a25-bb8d-2dc136320044_text.gif

All three of them have similar ways of communicating especially to folks like Dubya (looks to be currently banned just like Lowcountry) or @kybassfan , @Ed323232 , referring to them as "socks"

LCC has a habit of calling people out assuming they're socks but whenever someone does the same to him he resorts to blocking.

You're a myth, sock account.

He's the same sock as Dubya C Dubya.

Look who's talking. Whose sock are you again? Just joined in January...

This comment from Hydro doesn't make any sense in context. For example, Hydro joined on March 30, 2022 but somehow is calling a person who joined in January a sock. In context, wouldn't Hydro be a sock as well?

Oh, the irony. What is your original handle again, sock? I thought you had me on ignore LOLOL I thought I was smedmoley. Make up your mind, Mr. Bipolar.

Might even put this on a new thread for funsies.

LCC is banned, last post 3-30; however, I'm pretty sure @kentuckycriedfricken and possibly @HydroCat are LCC. I've called out KCF on it and he responded with the same jargon as LCC, including a block which is par for the course with LCC. KCF also bumped a number of LCC posts and desperately wants to give LCC credit for anything Sharpe related.

He also started frequently posting on 3-30 while LCC stopped on 3-29. Oddly enough Hydro created his account on 3-30.

The fact I found all of this during my 15 break is something and there's so much more but I'm not going to worry about that until later. Just calling out LCC because he's been an ass to others so I'm just returning the favor.

Why bump each thread or give LCC credit under each post if you just created your account in February but started frequently posting in April?

Even the post below seems to be an odd one. KCF is upset that @Gromcat is getting credit over LCC

They've used the same gifs to communicate with other posters, so there's another similarity. They also like to use the word "block" or "ignore" much more frequently than other posters.

All three of them have similar ways of communicating especially to folks like Dubya (looks to be currently banned just like Lowcountry) or @kybassfan , @Ed323232 , referring to them as "socks"

LCC has a habit of calling people out assuming they're socks but whenever someone does the same to him he resorts to blocking.

This comment from Hydro doesn't make any sense in context. For example, Hydro joined on March 30, 2022 but somehow is calling a person who joined in January a sock. In context, wouldn't Hydro be a sock as well?

Might even put this on a new thread for funsies.
Doesn’t surprise me in the least. Nice work putting all that together. Dumb question. What’s a sock?

Reactions: azurricat2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT