LowCountryCat

All-American
Apr 17, 2010
Orlando, FL
Sept 7 - Sharpe commits to UK
LINK

Nov 9 - Sharpe announces he will enroll at UK in January
LINK

Nov 18 - Calipari states that Sharpe unlikely to play "I don't think so...we'll see."
LINK

Article also stated Sharpe's mentor Dwayne Washington said there was no chance Sharpe would play this season -
LINK

Jan 6 - Sharpe enrolls at UK and begins practices
LINK

Jan 7 - Calipari admits hiding his plan of Sharpe not playing from the public to keep the buzz going

“He’s a ways away from playing games,” Calipari said. “It may be a year from now. They all know. I talked to them. We don’t have a plan for him to play this year. Maybe he does, but that is not the plan and never has been. Now I never said it because I wanted everybody to go crazy, all the other places. But the reality of it is we’ve never had a plan. If you ask me right now, my guess is he won’t play. But you don’t know what happens. We’ve had injury after injury, this happened, that happened, we’re down to 6, 7 guys. I may tell him ‘look, man, you’ve gotta go in 7 minutes a game. You’ve gotta play some.’ But my hope is we’re never there.”
LINK

Jan 20 - Calipari teases Sharpe will play "if he's ready."

“He’s watching,” Calipari added. “Whether I play him or not this year, if he’s ready to be in games, I’ll put him in. He’s a great kid, and he’s doing well. And he’s going to make practices even better. He’s only been here two weeks. But, at the end of the day, you know I’m going to be for kids. That’s how I do this.”

It falls in line with what the UK head coach said about Sharpe last week, praising the five-star guard’s skill and shot-making ability, but adding that he’s still adjusting to the speed and pace of the college game.

“If he’s not ready to play, I would not put him out there,” Calipari said last week. “… You can’t do that to the kid — unless he’s ready. If he’s ready, I say let’s go.
LINK

Jan 20 - ESPN reports Sharpe eligible for 2022 draft
LINK

Jan 22 - Dwayne Washington (Sharpe's mentor) says the NBA KNEW that Sharpe was eligible for the 2022 draft BEFORE he came to school, but he did not tell Calipari. But he also said he told Calipari that Sharpe would be back next year.

“It’s pretty idiotic. Everybody knew that this was an option, but we’re not taking it,” Washington told KSR. “He lost millions coming to school. He came to get better. … You come to get ready if you want to go to the NBA, which is one of the goals. You have to be ready. People don’t respect Calipari’s ability to develop enough, that’s why (Shaedon’s) there.

“He’s not there to sit on the bench and wave at fans. He’s coming back next year. If he doesn’t play this year, he’s coming back next year.”

“This is not new news to us. We knew about this before he came to school,” Washington told KSR. “This news is not news to anybody in the NBA. … People just found out, but NBA people already knew.”
“I didn’t even tell Calipari,” Washington said. “Calipari was like, ‘Do you think he could do it?’ I said, ‘Honestly, it doesn’t matter, because he’s not going.’ He said, ‘OK, if you say so.’ Because everything I’ve said has happened.”

LINK

Jan 22 - Auburn defeats UK 80-71

Calipari in postgame says, “I have told his parents that I am not going to put him in a position where he hurts himself. I am not. And we’re going to do this, the process of this, and if he ends up playing this year because he’s capable of doing it and he can play, we’ll play him. But I’m not just shoving him in so we can win another game or stay closer. I’m not going to do that.”
LINK

Jan 24 - Calipari teases possibility of Sharpe playing

"The last couple days he’s stepped on the gas a little bit and done some things," Calipari said. "I think our team would like me to put him in. We're doing stuff and something happens in practice, he does something, they all kind of look at me like, 'Come on now, If that's who he is, put him in.'"
LINK

Feb 2 - UK defeats Vanderbilt 77-70. Sharpe does not play and has not played a minute.

Feb 7 - UK announces Shaedon Sharpe will not play this season but will play next season.

LINK

KENTUCKY HAS GONE 7-4 SINCE THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

If Sharpe leaves and Oscar/Tyty wants to come back and is forced out. That's the nail in the coffin. He will lose the fan base 100%. I think he lost 90+% of the fan base now.

I’d like to see the Calipari timeline end with…

3/19/2022- Resigns
Indeed. What are the odds that the top brass at UK are waiting to see what Sharpe does? I mean if he bolts for the NBA this summer, then this entire Sharpe saga is proven to be a big scam to use UK's prestige to bake Calipari's cake. That might give them 'cause' to sit Calipari down and at least negotiate a cheaper buyout in lieu of a lengthy court battle.

Reactions: Lazlo7 and runt#69
That 10% are definitely casuals that still think fondly of Cal for a championship from 10 years ago. They don't pay enough attention to know we're doing more poorly now than Tubby when he was shown the door.
It's funny, they are so rabid in attacking the other 90% of real fans, imagine if they used that rage to help get rid of Calipari and get a decent x's and o's coach in here...

Sounds like Sharpe coming back is hovering around 10% and those supporting Cal is 10%.

Whew, this summer is going to be interesting.

Oh, and Tubby was never going to be fired. No way Mitch would have done it anymore than he's going to do it now.

Cal totally fumbled this whole thing. As usual, he wasn't honest about it and put out little tidbits just to keep fans and media at bay. Tried to hide the whole he is eligible for he draft thing sbecause Cal is all about himself.

Sounds like Sharpe coming back is hovering around 10% and those supporting Cal is 10%.

Whew, this summer is going to be interesting.

Oh, and Tubby was never going to be fired. No way Mitch would have done it anymore than he's going to do it now.
Tubby "resigned" after a 12-loss and a 13-loss season. He never lost in the first round, though, and never failed to make the tournament. His resignation was him being fired.

Reactions: blue woman
Tubby "resigned" after a 12-loss and a 13-loss season. He never lost in the first round, though, and never failed to make the tournament. His resignation was him being fired.
Cal has already been in contact with NBA AND/OR college teams. Bank on it. He's ready to fly. He'll hug it out with Sharpe on draft night and then disappear.

Cal has already been in contact with NBA AND/OR college teams. Bank on it. He's ready to fly. He'll hug it out with Sharpe on draft night and then disappear.
I don't think I'm in either of the "fire him" / "please stay" camps, but putting my mindset into a scenario where Calipari leaves for the NBA in the next couple of months doesn't really bother me. Does that mean I'm in the "he should go" camp? No. It just means that it would make it a whole lot easier for all of us if he did this on his own so we could start over and try to regain our love for Kentucky basketball with someone excited about being here and who fully understands and respects the passion we have.

If he was truly coming back to play next year, then there was zero downside of him playing this year and would have only helped his growth leading into next season. He was never playing here, period, and cal is 100% complicit in allowing it to happen. He’s tried covering it up but it’s as clear as day, same with his nonsensical coaching style.

To me the issue isn’t about whether Sharpe comes back or not, it’s 100% about Cal intentionally not putting the best team he could put on the floor for Kentucky.

That is his first obligation as coach.

I don’t see how anyone can defend that, and if he intentionally makes that type of decision for the program, how do you trust him to lead this program in the future?

To me the issue isn’t about whether Sharpe comes back or not, it’s 100% about Cal intentionally not putting the best team he could put on the floor for Kentucky.

I don’t see how anyone can defend that, and if he intentionally makes that type of decision for the program, how do you trust him to lead this program in the future?
Because the people that will defend it are delusional fanboys who would never admit they’re wrong

Because the people that will defend it are delusional fanboys who would never admit they’re wrong
And you knowthis, what is your source?

And you know it was 100% Cals decision not to play him? I think he said several times he would like to play him. Why wouldn't he if he was that good AND proven? And I'm sure you know all the inner workings of what was going on.

And you know it was 100% Cals decision not to play him? I think he said several times he would like to play him. Why wouldn't he if he was that good AND proven? And I'm sure you know all the inner workings of what was going on.
last time I checked, Cal is the coach. correct? Cal makes the decision to play kids. so that pretty much moots that argument. You're presenting an argument that Sharpe gets to decide if he is going to play or not and still be an active member on the team.

If the kid isn't going to play, then again - don't put him on the bench, in uniform, warming up with the team before games. Have him back at school getting tutored, one on one drills in the gym, conditioning or sitting on his butt in the dorm.

Either you are a part of the team and it obligations as a player or not.

The day a coach wants a player to play and the player doesn't, and is still part of the team is the day that coach has given up control.

Maybe you support the idea of a kids handlers having control on who will play or wont for Kentucky, maybe you are all in on the idea of Sharpe sitting on the bench while TyTy plays hurt trying to win games. I am not.

last time I checked, Cal is the coach. correct? Cal makes the decision to play kids. so that pretty much moots that argument. You're presenting an argument that Sharpe gets to decide if he is going to play or not and still be an active member on the team.

If the kid isn't going to play, then again - don't put him on the bench, in uniform, warming up with the team before games. Have him back at school getting tutored, one on one drills in the gym, conditioning or sitting on his butt in the dorm.

Either you are a part of the team and it obligations as a player or not.

The day a coach wants a player to play and the player doesn't, and is still part of the team is the day that coach has given up control.

Maybe you support the idea of a kids handlers having control on who will play or wont for Kentucky, maybe you are all in on the idea of Sharpe sitting on the bench while TyTy plays hurt trying to win games. I am not.
So you don't think Cal surrendered to Sharpe's posse? I do and therefore surrendered control. If he didn't, Mr. Sharpe should have been sent home.

Reactions: sam_o

If Calipari wanted him to play but he refused, he should have been dismissed from the team.

So you don't think Cal surrendered to Sharpe's posse? I do and therefore surrendered control. If he didn't, Mr. Sharpe should have been sent home.
no I absolutely think he did , but that's completely different than the " it wasn't 100% Cals decision" approach.

It will always be 100% Cal's decision - and he decided to give up control to Sharpes handlers.

So your position is that Cal isn't in control of his team and who plays?

Or is it that Sharpe sucks? A lottery pick wasn't good enough to come in and spell a player for 10 minutes a game?

You sure you want to go down this road? You'll look like an even bigger fool than you already do.

So your position is that Cal isn't in control of his team and who plays?

Or is it that Sharpe sucks? A lottery pick wasn't good enough to come in and spell a player for 10 minutes a game?

You sure you want to go down this road? You'll look like an even bigger fool than you already do.
Speaking of fools------

What do you really know about the situation, you read someone else's opinion? Do you know who his "handlers" are, aside from his dad, who owes Cal a huge favor AND who knows how Cal is as a coach and as a person. Maybe they want him to enjoy life while improving as a player instead of facing the NBA grind. I have taken quite a few trips from work and traveling to new towns gets old
pretty fast, one night stands aren't a great idea either, maybe they were for Wilt. Maybe they think he has huge potential but could improve a lot, how much money does a number one draft choice get vs even a five choice, and do you KNOW where he would be drafted now? Do you know that they need a lot of money now, isn't his Dad doing well, in large part due to Cal putting his players first. Wouldn't he make quite a bit of NIL money?

Lots of questions here, including how much control of the situation Cal has. I don't know the answer to all the questions, but I am damned sure you don't either. Take your insults and stuff them, come back when you have some real info.

Speaking of fools------

What do you really know about the situation, you read someone else's opinion? Do you know who his "handlers" are, aside from his dad, who owes Cal a huge favor AND who knows how Cal is as a coach and as a person. Maybe they want him to enjoy life while improving as a player instead of facing the NBA grind. I have taken quite a few trips from work and traveling to new towns gets old
pretty fast, one night stands aren't a great idea either, maybe they were for Wilt. Maybe they think he has huge potential but could improve a lot, how much money does a number one draft choice get vs even a five choice, and do you KNOW where he would be drafted now? Do you know that they need a lot of money now, isn't his Dad doing well, in large part due to Cal putting his players first. Wouldn't he make quite a bit of NIL money?

Lots of questions here, including how much control of the situation Cal has. I don't know the answer to all the questions, but I am damned sure you don't either. Take your insults and stuff them, come back when you have some real info.
Can't you read? His mentor is Dwayne Washington, and he's quoted prominently at the top of this thread.

Man, talk about looking like a fool, you could have just read the OP and saved yourself from embarrassment.

"Ready, fire, aim" - jauk11

LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT