ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew? This is why I said be careful about running out John Calipari.

Recruiting will take a massive hit. Kentucky fans are about to find out. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

As a Michigan fan, I know all too well. Michigan went from John Bilein to Juwan Howard. Which was a disaster.
Oh wow. You're right. We may never return to the 9 win seasons and first weekend exits of the last 5 years with Cal. Do you think it's too late to get him back?

I think you could do a lot worse than Drew. To see what he did at Baylor, considering where they were when he took over… I think a lot of people are delusional about who may take this job, and why and who we can realistically get. Things have changed a lot, especially for people that are having success at their current schools and are seeing these conferences expand and the money starts flowing everywhere, and everyone pays attention to every sport and tries to get good, etc..
it’s a lot different nowadays. In 1993 , you could get UConn’s coach and Alabama didn’t even care about basketball…

Recruiting will take a massive hit. Kentucky fans are about to find out. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

As a Michigan fan, I know all too well. Michigan went from John Bilein to Juwan Howard. Which was a disaster.
basketball-player-basketball-moves.gif

Oh Ted. 😂

Cal is crap and his method does not work. It's a bad relationship. I don't want Drew but it's not enough to make Cal more appealing. We do not want his brand anymore or a roster of mostly freshmen who never develop under a coach who doesn't change.

Think about this---despite all of those recruits that became NBA Draft Picks, Calipari still has the same amount of national titles as Drew.

Ok but we didn't get rid of Cal. Cal decided to leave.

What good have all the five stars done for Cal the last five years?

Anyway, Baylor recruits really well. Have you ever been to Waco? I have. It sucks. Baylor had almost no history before Drew got there. The difference in resources is laughable. Drew is a massive upgrade over Calipari in 2024 and while he isn’t my first pick either it’s insane how much disrespect he’s getting.

Cal had 1 championship in 15 years. At UK.

Drew has 1 championship in 20 years. At Baylor. He only inherited a program shortly after a PLAYER MURDERED ANOTHER PLAYER.

He’s my third or fourth choice. But I fail to see the dropoff.
It ain’t about drop off, it about knocking it out of the part. If we are the top program, you can’t be mediocre. Drew is just meh. Cal with NIL money off the charts will be a big problem for us.

Reactions: HeismaNole
It ain’t about drop off, it about knocking it out of the part. If we are the top program, you can’t be mediocre. Drew is just meh. Cal with NIL money off the charts will be a big problem for us.

We have 4 titles in the last 65 years. We definitely haven't been knocking it out of park lately overall.

Like Tubby?

It's fine to say that Cal left because he couldn't take the heat. Just like Tubby. But for the OP to blame the fanbase for this I believe is just wrong.

Cal had 33 million reasons to stay at UK. He made the choice. This doesn't fall on us.

Now we haven't even hired the new guy yet and u already have people with the I told ya so. It's silly. Maybe Drew comes in and does well. Who knows.

Reactions: BlueBomb

Who the f#$_ cares about recruiting? Cal recruited like a beast and then spent the 2nd and 3rd weekends of the tournament watching Little House

Drew is my bottom tier guy that’s acceptable but it shouldn’t be who we start with. It’s possible though just because Barnhart likes who he is so much. But I don’t see any correlation with ‘we shouldn’t want cal gone’ in Cal’s current state, Drew wouldn’t do worse and there’s a shot he would do better.

This is your first post (troll/Cal lover/whoever the f you are). So how did you already tell us to be careful?

What was your previous screen name?

Drew is my bottom tier guy that’s acceptable but it shouldn’t be who we start with. It’s possible though just because Barnhart likes who he is so much. But I don’t see any correlation with ‘we shouldn’t want cal gone’ in Cal’s current state, Drew wouldn’t do worse and there’s a shot he would do better.

I think that's my main thing with this. If this was made after reaching out to others I think I'd be good. But this is our first option? Or one of our first? I dunno.

That being said, if true ................lets get ready to roll

Correct. I see where Baylor only has the 6th ranked 2024 recruiting class.

There were no good options in 1997. I remember that list and it sucked. The timing of it sucked at least. Donovan had only been at Florida just one or two years. Tubby wasn't exciting at all.

Gillispie was the typical "Let's give a guy a big job for going to the Sweet 16" candidate. I wanted Cal then and Mitch gave us Billy. He corrected course two years later. And now- the NIL/portal stuff works against us in wanting a home run hire that's currently out of college ball.

We're definitely in the B level territory for this search.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT