ADVERTISEMENT

Sam DuBose Murder

Guess that means the bottle was opened and unsealed...which would probably heighten the cops senses. Still think he handled it horribly, but adds a little to the state of mind.

Just reported on the radio: There was 2 pounds of pot and $2600 in the car. I don't know if that's been completely confirmed, but if it's true... that'd explain why he started the car and tried to drive off, when the cop appeared to want a closer look at everything.

A few other updates if anyone cares:
  • Cincinnati City Council committee voted Monday to suspend an agreement with UC allowing officers there to patrol city streets.
  • The bottle of "gin" was actually just a fragrance
  • Family is (not surprisingly) filing a wrongful death lawsuit
  • UC appointed a new "Head of Public Safety" in response to this

Last edited:
Just reported on the radio: There was 2 pounds of pot and $2600 in the car. I don't know if that's been completely confirmed, but if it's true... that'd explain why he started the car and tried to drive off, when the cop appeared to want a closer look at everything.

Sure there was....

"Johnson, just sprinkle some crack on him. Case closed"

Reactions: -LEK- and jamo0001
And make sure the air freshener is in an open alcohol container so that you're more likely to get searched. Who thought that was a good idea?

Not going one way or the other on this case, but in general I think everyone as a rule needs to be more respectful to police. I have several friends that are police officers and the public is just as much at fault for the piss poor attitudes of the officers as are the "juiced up" roid heads someone else claimed. My officer friends say that probably 7 out of 10 people they pull over want to argue, give attitude, smart off, etc even when they are 100% in the wrong and know it. The it wasn't my fault mentality rules the roost, yes I was speeding but I was late because..... not my fault, sure I rolled through that stop sign, but no one was coming and I have to be ...... not my fault, etc. I can't imagine how freaking stressed out I would be at the end of the day if I had to spend my entire day arguing with jackasses that know they are wrong but want to blame me for catching them.

Not to mention that fact that local comunities officials do in fact put a lot of pressure on them to generate revenue through traffic stops. Again not their fault that becomes a part of the job requirements. I have been pulled over for tail light out, failure to signal a lane change, all petty and I knew they were looking to find something bigger. Just part of the job they do. Most have family's same as you and I, and at the end of the day just want to go home and be with them.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
The most telling part of the video from Utah is the officer rifling through the kids pockets begging out loud to find something...

Kid is there bleeding to death and your first reaction is to hope he has a weapon so you don't get in trouble? My God, what a dick move. He didn't help *at all*, I feel like its general human nature to try and help someone thats bleeding the death...some of those guys are a rare form of dbag.

[laughing]

OF COURSE there was.

Yeah that doesn't make much sense. If the man had 2lbs of pot he's not going to be carrying that much cash. You either have a bunch of pot, or a bunch of cash.

Guess he just brought to much and got some change. [eyeroll]

Speaking of pot, maybe if we legalized and taxed the ish out of it the police wouldn't need to harass people incessantly to get ticket revenue.

The most telling part of the video from Utah is the officer rifling through the kids pockets begging out loud to find something...

Kid is there bleeding to death and your first reaction is to hope he has a weapon so you don't get in trouble? My God, what a dick move. He didn't help *at all*, I feel like its general human nature to try and help someone thats bleeding the death...some of those guys are a rare form of dbag.
rack.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive
This shooting in a Antioch,TN movie theatre is exactly what the police are training for. There is a "be prepared for bear even if it is a dove" mentality and police are responding under greater stress than ever before, even If its in their own mind. Its making them more prepared for the xtreme cases but creating a wider margin for error in other circumstances.

Reactions: Vandalayindustries
This is why I stick to independent and art house cinema. Never hear of anyone blasting up a Lars Von Trier or David Lynch film.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
The weed complicates things. He'll spend very little time in jail. 2lbs means he's a dealer.

Cop kills drug dealer whIle struggle. Cops attorney with that info and the dudes past has a ton to work with. Don't think he gets off just that he is going to get off easier than murder.

Not that it's right. Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamo0001
This shooting in a Antioch,TN movie theatre is exactly what the police are training for. There is a "be prepared for bear even if it is a dove" mentality and police are responding under greater stress than ever before, even If its in their own mind. Its making them more prepared for the xtreme cases but creating a wider margin for error in other circumstances.

I live near Antioch. Antioch is so messed up a place that our psycho movie "killer" cannot even buy a real gun, or cause any real damage besides ruining the 2 dollar purchase of someone wanting to see Pitch Perfect 2 like 3 months after it first came out. The police seemed to do a good job with this one though, so not all cops are crazy, racist morons I guess.

Missed this one. White kid shot 7 times and killed in Michigan this past February. Pulled over for flashing his brights at a cop driving a new Explorer with HID headlights.

Yikes.

The saddest part to me of the DuBose thing (besides shooting a guy for no real reason) is it's illegal to possesses two pounds of any plant.

It's a f'n plant that's way better than that man-made poison made of corn, rye, barley, hops, etc .I can legally drive around with as much as I want as long as it's closed.

The more I see this thread title I think Sam Malone got murdered. Then I'd actually have some outrage. Talking about Ted Danson of course.

It would guess this is standard police protocol - making sure the victim has no hidden weapon to shoot you with while you are distracted by trying to help him.

Handcuffing the guy and checking him for a weapon before rendering medical aid might seem coldhearted but it reinforces that the Officer honestly percieved him to be a threat. In Utah, "percieved threat" is enough to justify lethal force.

ive watched this video dozens of times now and the shooting victim is so blatantly at fault that I honestly wonder If this wasnt a case of suicide by cop.

This guys FB entry prior to the shooting about "even God cant save me now" sounded like he was extremely depressed about the state of his life and being homeless. He seen the police and heard the police because he told them "no fool!" when they told him to put his hands up. Then, to blatantly go in his waistband like that so quickly while starring down the barrel of a police gun makes me wonder If he didnt do it on purpose. Its hard to imagine anybody being that damn stupid, but he did have a 1.4 BAC so maybe his judgement was impaired. Sad loss of life

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT