ADVERTISEMENT

Sam DuBose Murder

Cant look it up at work. Care to give me a run down? All I can get is he was shot during a traffic stop and the cop has been charged with murder

Was it a damn campus cop? Generally speaking, I can't think if one good thing to say about them. I don't even know why that's a profession, tbh. Just a waste.

The actual video isn't out yet. Should be shortly.

Basically a piece of shit was shot by a piece of shit. One of them is dead, and one will likely spend the rest of his life in jail for murder. Society is better off.

UC cop, off campus (which they're "allowed" to patrol). Pulled over guy for no front license plate. The guy's probably drunk - but not hammered drunk - but very calm and friendly. He hands the cop a bottle of Gin when he asks to see it. Shows him his plate in his glove box. Cop asks him for his license and he says he doesn't have it, to run his name. They go back and forth on that a couple times.

Within a second, the guy makes like he is going to slowly pull away (the cop isn't "stuck" in the car or anything). And the cop shoots him in the head and kills him immediately.

The car drives down the street and crashes into a tree.

Then the cop says he hurt his arm and had been dragged.

12 kids & a rumored 75 prior arrests.

As his sister said, look at this record:

He had "no problem" being arrested and wouldn't resist arrest in the first place.

First: Campus cops suck ass. Had to pay 175 for turning right on red in Lex

Second: Dude cant be drunk driving around a populated city like Cincy

Third: Cop is going to jail and will probably die in jail.

First: Campus cops suck ass. Had to pay 175 for turning right on red in Lex

Second: Dude cant be drunk driving around a populated city like Cincy

Third: Cop is going to jail and will probably die in jail.
He wasn't drunk, he had a unopened bottle of Gin, but it looked open in the video. That's why I thought he was drunk.

He could easily drive around drunk at 5mph in Mt. Auburn without much effect, imo.

Wow. America's best and brightest. And we are supposed to trust these guys? That is ridiculous. I can't wait to see how they reconcile this one.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
12 kids & a rumored 75 prior arrests.

Pretty impressive, but definitely not deserving of a death sentence, Cosby. If the guy had 75 prior arrests, I will concede that he was a loser, but I will not concede that the world is better off. The world is never better off when one person kills another for an unjustified reason. IMO.

So what happened in the 2 seconds that took the conversation from " be straight up with me are you suspended/where do you live" to "STOP, bang bang"?

He moved around some and it isn't super clear there. Is that where he is saying he was dragged?

Way too many psychos with ridiculous egos on a power trip. Even if he does drive off, you think it's necessary to shoot a man in the head for that?

Reactions: 420grover
Pretty impressive, but definitely not deserving of a death sentence, Cosby. If the guy had 75 prior arrests, I will concede that he was a loser, but I will not concede that the world is better off. The world is never better off when one person kills another for an unjustified reason. IMO.

All his children and his family will split a wrongful death settlement they're going to eventually get from the University of Cincinnati. Maybe just 8.3% of his children, or 1 of them, will use that money to do something worthwhile. Even if not, this guy is no longer fathering children and wasting taxpayer resources. In my mind, society is better off.

Did the guy deserve to die for this incident or his 75 prior arrests? No. Will I lose one second of sleep over it? No.

Edit: And just to be clear, society is better off without the cop, too.

All his children and his family will split a wrongful death settlement they're going to eventually get from the University of Cincinnati. Maybe just 8.3% of his children, or 1 of them, will use that money to do something worthwhile. Even if not, this guy is no longer fathering children and wasting taxpayer resources. In my mind, society is better off.

Did the guy deserve to die for this incident or his 75 prior arrests? No. Will I lose one second of sleep over it? No.

Edit: And just to be clear, society is better off without the cop, too.

I disagree with this post. In fact I think it's pretty effed up thinking. I don't think anyone should shoot you in the head though. Guess that's the difference. Do you think someone should shoot me? What's the cutoff?

A smallish white cop in jail for murdering an innocent young black man? That should go over great in prison for him. Yeeeesh. Guy might as well shoot himself before going in there, can't even imagine the torture they'll put him through.

Again...the best option is to flee? How many more people have to die before it sinks in?

Freddie Gray, Oscar Grant, Tamir Rice, and likely Sandra Bland would all say yes, the best option was to flee.

Your interactions with cops are not like their interactions with cops. How long until THAT sinks in?

Last edited:
Guess I'm confused at what happened from the video. It went from 0-60 real fast. Was the guy trying to flee or get out of the car when the cop told him to take his seat belt off? Looked like the driver grabbed the cops hand and then the cop popped him in the head.

I'm usually on the side of cops in these situations... but unless that cop can prove beyond a reasonable doubt it looked like the driver was pulling a weapon, that's murder.

I disagree with this post. In fact I think it's pretty effed up thinking. I don't think anyone should shoot you in the head though. Guess that's the difference. Do you think someone should shoot me? What's the cutoff?

Where did I say someone should have shot him in the head?

Where did I say someone should have shot him in the head?
You said you wouldn't lose any sleep over it. A man can get pulled over for not having a front license plate in this country and wind up being shot in the head, unarmed, and because you judge his character from what you hear in the news, it doesn't bother you. That's a joke.

Looked like the driver grabbed the cops hand and then the cop popped him in the head.
It doesn't really affect whether or not it's clear cut murder, but watch it again, there's a lot happening all of a sudden, but I don't know where you're seeing the driver grab the cop's hand. The cop reaches for the driver. The only time the driver's hand moves, he puts it on the door and appears to pull the door closed. No way he was reaching for the cop in any way.

Guess I'm confused at what happened from the video. It went from 0-60 real fast. Was the guy trying to flee or get out of the car when the cop told him to take his seat belt off? Looked like the driver grabbed the cops hand and then the cop popped him in the head.

I'm usually on the side of cops in these situations... but unless that cop can prove beyond a reasonable doubt it looked like the driver was pulling a weapon, that's murder.
The cop was opening the door, the guy reached to pull it closed and simultaneously start the car back up.

I don't know if the driver was intoxicated or how to interpret his actions after the cop tried to open the door. To me, if the guy is actively trying to flee in the vehicle, he's going to move quickly to shift out of park, he's going to hit that gas pedal. He seemed to be just casually trying to drive away. I'm not sure what his thought was, but it doesn't seem like he was thinking about speeding off. That's why I wonder if he was inebriated. An inhibited brain might be thinking passively "I don't like this, I'm gonna go home..." as opposed to aggressively "Eff it, let him catch me!" Not that any of this is any more relevant than what he had for breakfast. None of it can be interpreted as cause to shoot him.

ADVERTISEMENT