ADVERTISEMENT

Rondo signs with Sacramento

How in the hell are the Kings not a playoff team??? Demarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo Ben McLemore is a solid core, and then you got some good role players in Marco Belinilli and Darren Collison. Young guys like Stauskas, McCallum, and McLemore should be a lot better too. I could see McLemore like really breaking out. And Rondo should bounce back, be healthy and be a 12pt, 10ast, 5rb guy. They're a playoff team for sure and maybe better, but another big signing would make real threat.

Not enough vets in Sacramento to keep Rondo reeled in. I just don't think Karl can control him either if he is the head coach. Sure he handled Iverson but just 2 different ball players. If he had problems with Boogie, he'll have them with Rondo. Plus, he's just not the Rondo from 4 years ago. It just feels like a bad fit

Ding ding ding. For all those that bring up what Rondo did in Boston, it was being surrounded by respected veterans and a players coach that allowed him to thrive. When they depended on him for leadership they ended up trading him and got better.

That veteran leadership does not exist in Sacramento. Rondo is being looked to as the leader, and history has shown that probably won't end well.

How in the hell are the Kings not a playoff team??? Demarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo Ben McLemore is a solid core, and then you got some good role players in Marco Belinilli and Darren Collison. Young guys like Stauskas, McCallum, and McLemore should be a lot better too. I could see McLemore like really breaking out. And Rondo should bounce back, be healthy and be a 12pt, 10ast, 5rb guy. They're a playoff team for sure and maybe better, but another big signing would make real threat.

That team won 29 games last season. To get in the playoffs they're gonna need a minimum of 50. You really think adding Rondo and Belinelli is going to make them a +20 in the win column? I want some the stuff some of your are smoking. Its powerful.

Last edited:

They aren't a playoff team because of...

Warriors
Rockets
Spurs
Thunder
Grizzlies
Pelicans
Clippers
Suns
Mavericks
Jazz

They will have to pass at least 3 of those teams. Also, Stauskas was dealt to Philly.

I would not want to live in Sacramento. SoCal is great and parts of NorCal but Sacramento is meh.

Going to be fun to watch though. Definitely going to be a "take no shiz" team.

If they get a shooter then look out.

The one thing I've always said....winning cures all. If they improve their record and are making a playoff push then all will be semi quiet. If the have the same results as last year and don't look to be improving....there will be a fist fight on live tv lol.

Don't think the Kings are as far away from the playoffs as some of you make them out to be. They started off pretty good last season then Cousins missed a month of action with viral meningitis, and while he was out they fired a coach that he liked. Obviously the West is difficult, but they will contend for the playoffs this season if the team can get along.

That team won 29 games last season. To get in the playoffs they're gonna need a minimum of 50. You really think adding Rondo and Belinelli is going to make them a +20 in the win column? I want some the stuff some of your are smoking. Its powerful.

Gay and Cousins are big time scorers. Rondo's an elite PG (he'll bounce back) That's sort of a big three aint it? Then I think McLemore should improve his game and be a 15pt guy. They need to sign another good player but I think they're in good shape now. Ignore last year and look at their roster. If you do that they look like a playoff team.

Gay and Cousins are big time scorers. Rondo's an elite PG (he'll bounce back) That's sort of a big three aint it? Then I think McLemore should improve his game and be a 15pt guy. They need to sign another good player but I think they're in good shape now. Ignore last year and look at their roster. If you do that they look like a playoff team.

Ummm, Rondo is absolutely not an elite PG any more. He was an elite PG circa 2008 when he was younger and was playing with 3 Hall of Famers in Pierce, Allen, and Garnett. That's really the only reason Rondo looked "elite" in the first place. Without that type of team, he's going to be a detriment (as he was in Dallas).

And no... a washed up Rondo, Rudy Gay, and Demarcus Cousins is not a "big 3." Nothing about that team screams playoffs. And trust me, I wish it did. I'm a Kings fan.

I hate that he signed with the Kings, but oh well. I was hoping he'd go to LA or something. But look here. If the Kings sin a good 3pt shooter then they may be even better than just a playoff team. They could be a top 3-4 team in the West. They just gotta sign a good 3pr shooter now. Cousins, Rondo, Gay, McLemore is a good group. And don't forget that guys like Nic Stauskas, Ray McCallum, and Ben McLemore are young. So both of those guys should be a lot better next year. Maybe WCS can have an impact on D too.
From everything I've read about Rondo, he is on his way out of the league unless he makes a good showing with the Kings.

I think Rondo will bounce back. That's the reason I think their a playoff team right now. If he does and is back to being a 12pt, 10ast, 5rb guy, then hell yes they're a playoff team.

Spacing is going to be pretty poor if they start Rondo + some random SG + Gay + Cousins + Willie. The SG would be the only consistent threat from three-point range. Rudy Gay is pretty streaky, and Rondo, Cousins, and Willie don't have to be consistently guarded outside of 12-15 feet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT