ADVERTISEMENT

Rondo Arrested in Indiana

The gun charge is more concerning than the weed charge.

It’s silly that both Kentucky and Indiana are two of the very last states to still be clinging to archaic weed laws …but that’s the sort of charge that nobody raises a fuss over nowadays.

But it’s just stupid for someone in Rondo’s position to be illegally carrying firearms. If you feel you need to be armed, then abide by the law and do it in the right way.

If you need a gun just do it by legal channels.

Who doesn't have a gun these days? He's an adult.

And he probably needs the weed to suppress the regret of letting Tubby coach him in college.

He wasn’t supposed to have it because of a no-contact order. Not smart. He has to know better than that. When a hodge say “no guns for you” you best do it. Now fight it in court if you feel you are wronged but If the law has restricted your firearms rights because of past legal trouble, you best not be carrying. That could land him in hot water. If he needs protection hire a bodyguard.

Had a little bit of weed and a gun in his car.

Whoopie doo, I can’t wait till Indiana gets its head out its butt regarding weed. The pistol is no big deal because it’s constitutional carry if it’s his. Just the Weed that will cause an issue.

Edit: Didn’t realize that protective order stemmed from a gun incident though. Now they will tack on more charges like felony possession of a gun with drugs or some stuff. That’s gonna be kinda hard but he’s rich, usually rich people get it fixed.

Regardless he needs to stay away from his baby momma. Either his has anger issues and needs to get that sorted out, or she’s a liar that keeps getting him in hot water, or a mix of both. No matter the truth it seems like it’s not a healthy relationship. He got his original EPO dropped after reaching an agreement in 2022 and then got a brand new one again in 2023.

Last edited:
He did own it by legal channels. He wasn’t allowed to have a gun because his ex wife put out a no contact order on him. He got arrested for 2 misdemeanors.
That means he was carrying it illegally.

Not exactly legal channels given his current standing. He has to be smarter than that. The weed I could not care less about, unless he was under the influence.

Whoopie doo, I can’t wait till Indiana gets its head out its butt regarding weed. The pistol is no big deal because it’s constitutional carry if it’s his. Just the Weed that will cause an issue.

Edit: Didn’t realize that protective order stemmed from a gun incident though. Now they will tack on more charges like felony possession of a gun with drugs or some stuff. That’s gonna be kinda hard but he’s rich, usually rich people get it fixed.

Regardless he needs to stay away from his baby momma. Either his has anger issues and needs to get that sorted out, or she’s a liar that keeps getting him in hot water, or a mix of both. No matter the truth it seems like it’s not a healthy relationship. He got his original EPO dropped after reaching an agreement in 2022 and then got a brand new one again in 2023.
The firearms charge is a misdemeanor it seems. Which is somewhat surprising. He’s just gotta be smarter. Dude had a decent NBA career. He’s not stupid, just seems to make bad choices.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Regardless of whether some people think this is no big deal, the FACT is it was illegal where he was at the time. Certainly the responsible, adult behavior we need from the assistant coach many would like to hire

Its a shame you can get in trouble for selling a gun now days want be long an it will be illegal to own one

Remember a year or so ago when Rondo was back on campus finishing his degree, and there was talk of him joining the staff as a graduate assistant? He spoke openly about helping the team. Was it around that time he got slapped with the EPO? I remember being excited about the prospect and then everything went quiet.

Remember a year or so ago when Rondo was back on campus finishing his degree, and there was talk of him joining the staff as a graduate assistant? He spoke openly about helping the team. Was it around that time he got slapped with the EPO? I remember being excited about the prospect and then everything went quiet.
Exactly what I was thinking. This incident happened and UK was like nope, can't have you represent the university with this hanging over your head.

Reactions: storm1507 and Wonky
Well, if that’s the law, then the “legal channel” is simply to not carry guns until that issue has been cleared up.

I doubt anything will come of this, he’ll get a good lawyer who’ll figure out how to deal with these minor charges with minimal pain. But it’s still an entirely self-inflicted wound. He knew he wasn’t currently allowed to carry guns, but figured he wouldn’t get caught and did so anyways …oops.

Better call Saul

The firearms charge is a misdemeanor it seems. Which is somewhat surprising. He’s just gotta be smarter. Dude had a decent NBA career. He’s not stupid, just seems to make bad choices.
It should be, I get that it was an EPO thing but misdemeanors shouldn’t do anything in regards to your self protection. Even a non violent felony IMO. If you serve your time you should get your rights back automatically in my view. It’s a right not a privilege.

Its a shame you can get in trouble for selling a gun now days want be long an it will be illegal to own one
This has nothing to do with the right to own or sell a gun.

He was temporarily restricted from carrying a gun by an Emergency Protective Order imposed after an incident where he apparently threatened his baby mama while brandishing a gun in front of both her and their kids. If he wanted to legally carry again, he could’ve gone to court and sought an order dismissing the EPO …which apparently he did do a couple years ago with another EPO involving the same people.

But this time it seems he chose to simply ignore the EPO …which is likely to make it quite a bit tougher to get it dismissed the second time around.

honestly if he felt he needed to carry a gun for self protection, I won't fault him for it

an extreme statement for the circumstance but as the saying goes better judged by 12 than buried by 6

but threatening anyone with a gun , especially a spouse, is bad karma and should follow you for a long time

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
He wasn’t supposed to have it because of a no-contact order. Not smart. He has to know better than that. When a hodge say “no guns for you” you best do it. Now fight it in court if you feel you are wronged but If the law has restricted your firearms rights because of past legal trouble, you best not be carrying. That could land him in hot water. If he needs protection hire a bodyguard.

Sam Elliott Hello GIF by GritTV

Weed and a gun? Oh the horror!
As of now, it is still illegal under federal law to possess a firearm while under a dvo/epo (gun or not). The notion being that persons under a dvo/epo are more likely to commit an act of violence, particularly towards the person(s) identified as the victim in the order. Statistics bear this out.

SCOTUS recently heard a case that will determine whether or not this portion of the law is still Constitutional in light of some of their recent firearms decisions. Expect a decision around March. FWIW, I expect them to overturn this portion of the statute.

As it stands, he could still be charged federally for having the gun. So, yeah, it's kind of a big deal.

Last edited:
The whole country does. It’s ridiculous I can legally go grab a few tins of edible gummies and then drive down to Indians and have something that potentially puts me in prison for years.
But you can drink all the alcohol you want! Can’t drive but still, you can buy it anywhere, even cold in a gas station in some states.

I never wanted Rondo and this whole ordeal just confirms my concerns. I just hope he learns from this and gets the help he needs.

Reactions: Zissou87
Gotta be smarter with the gun. If a court says no guns, it means no guns. It’s an argument no one can win.

The weed thing, though, nobody cares. It’s 2024. If he would’ve been in Ohio, Illinois or Michigan there wouldn’t be an issue. It’s past time to just legalize federally and be done with it. It’s a plant.

Rondo loves the bud, can’t say I blame him.

Many years ago I saw Rondo at the ihop across the river in Indiana, he probably just had the munchies again.

Gotta be smarter with the gun. If a court says no guns, it means no guns. It’s an argument no one can win.

The weed thing, though, nobody cares. It’s 2024. If he would’ve been in Ohio, Illinois or Michigan there wouldn’t be an issue. It’s past time to just legalize federally and be done with it. It’s a plant.
Yep. Regulate and tax the crap out of it.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
It should be, I get that it was an EPO thing but misdemeanors shouldn’t do anything in regards to your self protection. Even a non violent felony IMO. If you serve your time you should get your rights back automatically in my view. It’s a right not a privilege.
It’s a right but rights can be lost by piss poor behavior. Especially piss poor violent behavior. The last thing you want is someone who has a proclivity to fly off the handle carrying a weapon that can unalive someone quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT