ADVERTISEMENT

Rondo signs with Sacramento

Interesting.. I posted a tweet which said rondo would sign w/ kings 48 hours ago. Idk who that guy is but he has good sources.
I really like the signing though. This makes willie soo much better, all he has to do is run the floor, defend, and rebound.
Rondo + Willie / Rudy = lob city.. Add arguably the best big in the game (boogie) and belinilli a shooter.
Kings are now a legit playoff team.

Interesting.. I posted a tweet which said rondo would sign w/ kings 48 hours ago. Idk who that guy is but he has good sources.
I really like the signing though. This makes willie soo much better, all he has to do is run the floor, defend, and rebound.
Rondo + Willie / Rudy = lob city.. Add arguably the best big in the game (boogie) and belinilli a shooter.

Not so sure about that. They need at least 17 more wins.

Can Rondo return to form (stat-wise and mentally)?

They are in the bottom third of 3pt%, Belinilli will be a huge help but will it be enough?

Can Karl and Boogie and Rondo coexist?

Be great to see these cats make some noise.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
yeah, they need to have shooter so. That's going to be one clogged up defense.

I believe they signed Marco Bellinelli today as well, there's your shooter. pretty good deal too, 3 yrs, less than 20mill

Kings aren't a playoff team nor much better than they were before o and everybody knew Rondo was going to the Kings

Not so sure about that. They need at least 17 more wins.

Can Rondo return to form (stat-wise and mentally)?

They are in the bottom third of 3pt%, Belinilli will be a huge help but will it be enough?

Can Karl and Boogie and Rondo coexist?

Be great to see these cats make some noise.
Yes I think he can. Don't forget Rick Carlisle didn't trade for rondo, mark Cuban did. Was pretty clear Rick didn't want rondo as much as rondo didn't want to be there.

With rondo on your team these shots should become easier. No more creating your shot, rondo creates it for you .. Guys like Rudy, Ben, and Marco will be able to catch and shoot now.

I don't think those 3 can co exist. I do think boogie and rondo can. Boogie has stated publicly many times he would want rondo on his team. George is the one that needs to go.

I've become a kings fan in the past couple of hours. As you can tell haha

Reactions: brianpoe
Kings aren't a playoff team nor much better than they were before o and everybody knew Rondo was going to the Kings

Yea I don't see them making it either. You've got locks(if healthy) Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, Rockets. Then you've got some good teams who will fight for the other 4 spots like Memphis, Dallas, Pelicans, Utah, Suns, Clippers, Blazers. The west is going to be brutal.

Yea I don't see them making it either. You've got locks(if healthy) Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, Rockets. Then you've got some good teams who will fight for the other 4 spots like Memphis, Dallas, Pelicans, Utah, Suns, Clippers, Blazers. The west is going to be brutal.
And all those non lock teams are better than the Kings by a ways

So the Pelicans make playoffs by last second heave from AD, clippers just lost D Jordan, blazers lost 4 starters, Utah / suns haven't made playoffs in years.

Have you guys been paying attention?

I hate that he signed with the Kings, but oh well. I was hoping he'd go to LA or something. But look here. If the Kings sin a good 3pt shooter then they may be even better than just a playoff team. They could be a top 3-4 team in the West. They just gotta sign a good 3pr shooter now. Cousins, Rondo, Gay, McLemore is a good group. And don't forget that guys like Nic Stauskas, Ray McCallum, and Ben McLemore are young. So both of those guys should be a lot better next year. Maybe WCS can have an impact on D too.

So the Pelicans make playoffs by last second heave from AD, clippers just lost D Jordan, blazers lost 4 starters, Utah / suns haven't made playoffs in years.

I know one poster in this thread who obviously hasn't...

edit: after reading Johnny's post make that two..

The Clippers are retarded for letting Jordan go.

You seriously trying to compare Kings to Pelicans? Utah post Kanter trade was actually a damn good team. Thunder will be back. Suns are a better team than the Kings and Clippers even without Jordan is easily a playoff team

Reactions: wromanp7
I hate that he signed with the Kings, but oh well. I was hoping he'd go to LA or something. But look here. If the Kings sin a good 3pt shooter then they may be even better than just a playoff team. They could be a top 3-4 team in the West. They just gotta sign a good 3pr shooter now. Cousins, Rondo, Gay, McLemore is a good group. And don't forget that guys like Nic Stauskas, Ray McCallum, and Ben McLemore are young. So both of those guys should be a lot better next year. Maybe WCS can have an impact on D too.

Here you go big fella

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-belinelli-agree-3-year-deal-worth-19-million

Reactions: UK_Johnny24
I believe they signed Marco Bellinelli today as well, there's your shooter. pretty good deal too, 3 yrs, less than 20mill

one shooter doesn't solve the issue. We'll see how much Cousin, WCS, and Others on the team can expand their game.

Plus I forgot they had a big foreign guy who shot pretty well from 3. Cassipai or something. He's bounced around the league a bit, but is a decent shooter

What about Darren Collison? I don't think he's a free agent is he??? Wonder what happens with him?

You seriously trying to compare Kings to Pelicans? Utah post Kanter trade was actually a damn good team. Thunder will be back. Suns are a better team than the Kings and Clippers even without Jordan is easily a playoff team
IMHO the kings are better than the Pelicans. AD is on his way to being the best player in the league but he doesn't have much help. Other than him the best players have a history of injury.
Yes the thunder will be back,completely agree there.
Suns / Utah will not be better than the Kings, but this is a matter of opinion.
One of the biggest knocks on LAC is the lack of depth. With DJ leaving that puts Blake at the 5 and without signing anyone else, the depth issue hasn't been addressed.
Kings are a playoff team imho.

I'm actually a Kings fan believe it or not. Hopped on the bandwagon during the Webber/Bibby/Divac years when they battled Kobe and Shaq. I'm sorry, but in no way, shape or form, does adding Rondo make the Kings a playoff team. Rondo is honestly complete garbage at this point. I'm not surprised the Mavs kicked him off the team mid-playoff series, and I am not at all happy about the Kings getting him.

The Grizzlies are a lock if healthy too.

And the Kings have a lot of work to be better than the Pelicans. Pelicans should be 5-6 games better just from the maturation of AD.

Lol, no they aren't.

Rondo was averaging 11 assists, 8 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals a game before being traded to the Mavs last season. He is far from 'complete garbage' he was just a bad fit in Dallas.

Reactions: WildcatAL77
Not enough vets in Sacramento to keep Rondo reeled in. I just don't think Karl can control him either if he is the head coach. Sure he handled Iverson but just 2 different ball players. If he had problems with Boogie, he'll have them with Rondo. Plus, he's just not the Rondo from 4 years ago. It just feels like a bad fit

ADVERTISEMENT