ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Gaines / Joe Rogan

Pretty much, thx. (And I am trying to take my own advice by not reposting the same opinion ad nauseum)
Not to belabor the point, but in the interest of fully understanding what you are saying, are you saying that people should only care if their daughter is a "top athlete", and a level playing field should not matter to any athlete or parent for any competitions that aren't at the highest level?

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
This issue has shifted. Early on, in other threads, some of the posters here were arguing there is no biological advantage for men portraying women when competing athletically against biological women. Those ill-advised people, for the most part, appear to have backed off those fictional arguments.

Now, we are told we should not care, unless we are directly involved. We are told that Riley Gaines has bad motives or looks like a man or should not matter, because her efforts did not achieve first place, but not that she is wrong. We are told we are losers for caring about women and girls who are placed at an unfair disadvantage in athletics.

As the rebuttals get more personal and ugly, we can be assured the facts and science are on Riley’s side.
Jesus, get your head out of her ass.

Crazy ass leftists love sacrificing children to proven quack medicine. If you produce facts against their pseudoscience it's always "wHy Do YoU cArE wHaT pEoPLe BeLiEVe?".

5 minutes later they'll be in the religious thread shamelessly bitching about somebody's benign faith.

Most insufferable, irrational people on the planet.

Crazy ass leftists love sacrificing children to proven quack medicine. If you produce facts against their pseudoscience it's always "wHy Do YoU cArE wHaT pEoPLe BeLiEVe?".

5 minutes later they'll be in the religious thread shamelessly bitching about somebody's benign faith.

Most insufferable, irrational people on the planet.
More insufferable than nazis?

^^ this is what I am talking about. Thank you Matteo for such a timely example.
You're welcome. Question. What more, besides bitching and moaning about fairness on here, have you done to advocate for women in athletics? You know, since you seem to care so damn much.

Reactions: NociHTTP
What is your stance on coed leagues and teams? Men/boys playing with and against women/girls.
Exactly.

Can we finally interpret Title IX to just mean allow equal access to MegaBlue County High School Basketball Team?

Can we just progress to having one team of the best persons?

Let parents and doctors decide what's best for their children. Worry about your own self.
This isn't how society works. We don't just stand aside and let injustices happen. If your neighbor was beating the crap out of his kid in front of you, are you just going to say, "not my kid, not my problem?" Actually you probably would and you'd be wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Nightwish84
Got a few thoughts at least on the OP (have not read the 11 pages of threads, but skimmed a few, and think I get the general drift):

My thoughts are in response to the quoted blocks. Was there anything you wanted to add to this, other than posting for inflammation purposes?

First, if I had a daughter that was a top athlete and she got beat out by a transgender woman who had recently been a man, I would be pissed. Don't think any parent would feel otherwise.
Any trans person on proper HRT regimen and for long enough is no more able to beat a cisgender person than any other cisgender person, assuming talent levels are similar and their aren't vast differences in something like height.

Second, I know a handful of trans individuals, one I have been around almost since he was born. TBH, he had a lot of social problems when he was a girl, and since he transitioned into a male, as an adult, he still seems to have a lot of problems, can't hold down a job that requires stress, needs a lot of help from his family, etc. Now, does he have a mental illness? Can't say, not a professional, but from my perspective, he is not living his best life, or at least not a very productive one.

That's anecdotal at best. You are greatly outnumbered by those who share the exact opposite opinion of yours, and no doctor knowledgeable of this stuff would agree with you. And it is very likely that being trans has nothing with what you claim is happening.

Third, this whole issue maybe affects .00001% of the population. And to the extent it really is a problem, I am confident that the LPGA, the womens' tennis tour, the IOC, NCAA and other women's sports organizations can decide for themselves how to run their sports, they surely have more at stake and know more about the issues than I do.

The transgender / two-spirit population is much, much higher than you are claiming, and that's just from known data.

Fourth, this whole issue is yet one more example of fake outrage being orchestrated by certain groups for political purposes. I find it VERY hard to believe there is any measurable group of men willing to take massive hormones and undergo life altering surgery so they can finish 4th at the NCAA swim meet or win a two bit tennis or golf tournament. My own brother was going on and on about this at one point, and I stopped him: Neither of his kids even played high school sports, and I know he does not follow HS or college track and field or swimming. I bet neither he or almost no one on this board could tell me three individuals who finished in the top 3 at any NCAA swim meet, other than Mark Spitz and Michael Phelps. So what is he so upset about??

Fake outrage is a common term used by people who disagree with the position of others who are supporting said issue. You are not a medical / health professional,vso your "findings" can be discounted as nothing more than a steel building on a mud foundation. The politics you love to throw out there have almost nothing to do with the issues at hand, it's just most of those people vote for the political party that I think most of them belong to.

I did see a story last year (I think) about a trans kid in Kentucky who wanted to run on the girls track team. Of course, it became controversial, and the powers that be decided to ban the kid from running. At a middle school? Come on, no one outside of parents and friends even knows the sport exists. Just let the kid run, it gives them something to do and maybe helps their mental health, as well as physical.

Everything is controversial for people unwilling to accept the position of another person.

Finally, and OT a bit, I am always amazed at posters who will post their same opinion on the same thread over and over and over and over and over again. Maybe that explains why threads like these go on for 11 pages or more. And why this site is not nearly as enjoyable as it used to be.

I'm sure the other threads are similar in structure, but what I've seen in this thread is someone who is ignorant and bigoted comes along to fan the flames by posting something that's been debunked countless times here and everywhere else. And then you have people who know to mind their own business IRL doing their good deed for the day by calling out the nonsense of said ignorant and bigoted people.

• Haha
Reactions: rudd1
This isn't how society works. We don't just stand aside and let injustices happen. If your neighbor was beating the crap out of his kid in front of you, are you just going to say, "not my kid, not my problem?" Actually you probably would and you'd be wrong.
Something you are willfully ignorant about, and has nothing to do with you, isn't "injustice".

You don't have a single post in this thread on topic. What's the difference?

What's the thread title?
Every single post I've made in this thread is on topic. You just don't agree with what others are saying. Work on your logic.

great advice and I agree. When transgender people get told they shouldn’t be allowed to compete against normal people in sports it’s probably best for em to just move along and worry about themselves, not the harm or unfair advantage they create to/against others.

Instead of trying to force their minority unfair beliefs onto the majority of people who don’t feel the same way.
Beliefs have nothing to do with it. Why is everything with you about beliefs? Anyone who leans on the "minority" keyword doesn't have much of a position to begin with. It's akin to talking about that frog in your pocket everytime you try to persuade someone about something. I hope you take that "great advice" and apply it appropriately, this time.

Beliefs have nothing to do with it. Why is everything with you about beliefs? Anyone who leans on the "minority" keyword doesn't have much of a position to begin with. It's akin to talking about that frog in your pocket everytime you try to persuade someone about something. I hope you take that "great advice" and apply it appropriately, this time.
👍

My thoughts are in response to the quoted blocks. Was there anything you wanted to add to this, other than posting for inflammation purposes?

Any trans person on proper HRT regimen and for long enough is no more able to beat a cisgender person than any other cisgender person, assuming talent levels are similar and their aren't vast differences in something like height.

That's anecdotal at best. You are greatly outnumbered by those who share the exact opposite opinion of yours, and no doctor knowledgeable of this stuff would agree with you. And it is very likely that being trans has nothing with what you claim is happening.

The transgender / two-spirit population is much, much higher than you are claiming, and that's just from known data.

Fake outrage is a common term used by people who disagree with the position of others who are supporting said issue. You are not a medical / health professional,vso your "findings" can be discounted as nothing more than a steel building on a mud foundation. The politics you love to throw out there have almost nothing to do with the issues at hand, it's just most of those people vote for the political party that I think most of them belong to.

Everything is controversial for people unwilling to accept the position of another person.

I'm sure the other threads are similar in structure, but what I've seen in this thread is someone who is ignorant and bigoted comes along to fan the flames by posting something that's been debunked countless times here and everywhere else. And then you have people who know to mind their own business IRL doing their good deed for the day by calling out the nonsense of said ignorant and bigoted people.
I'm not sure I even understand your points other than "I am wrong", you're welcome to disagree with me, I get it so I won't try to argue with you. You appear to have more medical knowledge than I, which would not be hard to achieve.

As for other threads, the golf thread was mentioned - there is a golf tournament every week, so there are new issues to discuss - just like every week there's a football game to debate. Totally different than an 13 page thread on the exact same topic which occurred some time ago where some individuals have posted dozens of times.

Last edited:
That's really the issue isn't it. A simple Google search will yield plenty of medical opinions and studies that show once a man goes through puberty, some of the physical advantages aren't negated by hormone blockers. Things like skeletal structure for example, aren't minimized by hormone blockers. Lia Thomas is a prime example of this. Hormone blockers do reduce muscle mass advantages, but some studies suggest once a man goes through puberty, even that can't be completely erased. Things like height and structure are some of the very things that provide competitive advantage for men over women.

That's really the issue isn't it. A simple Google search will yield plenty of medical opinions and studies that show once a man goes through puberty, some of the physical advantages aren't negated by hormone blockers. Things like skeletal structure for example, aren't minimized by hormone blockers. Lia Thomas is a prime example of this. Hormone blockers do reduce muscle mass advantages, but some studies suggest once a man goes through puberty, even that can't be completely erased. Things like height and structure are some of the very things that provide competitive advantage for men over women.
It's hilarious to me the extent you types will go to defend your ignorance. On one hand, you hate the fact that trans kids want to go on HRT, because it's "mutilating" (to borrow the words from your maroons), but the whole point of puberty blockers is to stop the male puberty process, leading to the above changes that you seem to think happen in everyone. The HRT process is to bring on a female puberty in terms of external features. On the other hand you maroons don't like the fact that someone who's gone through HRT after puberty are competing in their desired gender. You'd have a better argument if you just picked one part of the equation. For every little silly anecdotal example you come up with, there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of examples that prove you wrong :)

It's hilarious to me the extent you types will go to defend your ignorance. On one hand, you hate the fact that trans kids want to go on HRT, because it's "mutilating" (to borrow the words from your maroons), but the whole point of puberty blockers is to stop the male puberty process, leading to the above changes that you seem to think happen in everyone. The HRT process is to bring on a female puberty in terms of external features. On the other hand you maroons don't like the fact that someone who's gone through HRT after puberty are competing in their desired gender. You'd have a better argument if you just picked one part of the equation. For every little silly anecdotal example you come up with, there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of examples that prove you wrong :)
I didn't make any comments about kids going on HRT. If your straw man argument makes you feel better, have at it. You presented zero facts to support what you say. Like I said before, a simple Google search will provide you with countless medical opinions and some studies that say once a man goes through puberty the physical advantages can't be completely reversed. If you wish to ignore those studies and opinions, you can blame no one for your ignorance but you. If you want to expand to the discussion to prepubescent males that's fine, but I don't think that is the concern that people have in women's sports.

Not to mention FINA banned the practice of biological men who have gone through puberty from competing in women's aquatic sports for a reason. But, I'm sure they are ignorant as well.

Last edited:

Your need for the ridiculous ad hominems and your ipso dixit comments are demonstrative of the weakness of your positions.

You have never attempted to define female, but you claim to be one.

You promote child sterilization and deny, by your comments, that many dysmorphic children will identify with their biological sex if they are permitted puberty. Your side promotes gender stereotypes more than any group in modern culture with your conclusions.

You deny the science of male puberty that creates larger lung capacity, bigger bone structure, and more mass to muscles.

You act like an expert, but are anything but.

Just to clarify, I am NOT in favor of letting men competing against women, and I obviously just pulled a random number of transgender athletes out of the air to emphasize a point. I have no idea how many individuals identify as trans, but I still don't believe there are hundreds, or even dozens of men transgendering (if that is a word) and taking over women's sports. And to the extent it is a problem, even a small problem, I will rely on LPGA, IOC, NCAA, women's tennis, et al to carry the fight. In the grand scheme of things, it is just not a huge issue . . . IMO.

Just to clarify, I am NOT in favor of letting men competing against women, and I obviously just pulled a random number of transgender athletes out of the air to emphasize a point. I have no idea how many individuals identify as trans, but I still don't believe there are hundreds, or even dozens of men transgendering (if that is a word) and taking over women's sports. And to the extent it is a problem, even a small problem, I will rely on LPGA, IOC, NCAA, women's tennis, et al to carry the fight. In the grand scheme of things, it is just not a huge issue . . . IMO.

About 35% of young girls say they don’t identify as straight and 4% say they are trans (20 years ago, 0% of young girls identified as trans).

There was a time in which I would have agreed with you. Stupid things like this would pop up and disappear usually before you even heard about it. But times havre changed. Now you have the media, corporations, social media and politicians all pushing these ridiculous ideas. So what's small today can be a huge problem tomorrow if you let it fester. Nonsense like this has to be nipped in the bud. And for the record, I actually think it's already a big problem, but I wanted to address the matter from your point of view.

Over the past 15 years the growth of gender clinics in this country has grown from zero to well above 100. 20 years ago, young girls did not identify as trans. Today, it has been reported that 4% identify as trans. Who is making money off those kids? Conservatives? No. Are liberals donating their services and drug companies making cheap drugs for transition because they believe these kids are at great risk? No. Gender confusion is an industry. And, it is growing. People are making a lot of money.

Reactions: hmt5000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT