ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Gaines / Joe Rogan

jlock7614

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2012
Louisville

Riley Gaines was on Joe Rogan yesterday and did a phenominal job. Very articulate and very smart. Say what you will about Mitch Barnhart but she makes it very clear how supportive and helpful he was during her time at UK. However, she doesn't speak too highly of the academic side of UK (shocker). Great listen.

Never heard of her.

Edit: Oh God this is a trans sports thing. This will end well
200.gif

You know what else paying for HOB access gives you? The ability to not click on a thread and read it. And each time you comment it you just put it back on the top of the page to keep it going.

Don’t like it? Fine. Don’t read it. Easy peasy.
No. The board has rules, there's a place for politics specifically so we don't have to sift through this stuff to find sports discussion. No one's saying you can't virtue signal, but the rules say this particular board isn't the place for it.

Hold on…

Didn’t we have someone compare Calipari to Donald Trump a few weeks back re: his “narcissism”? And if I recall correctly, that thread went multiple pages. And I “think” that several of the posters above, who are now complaining about this thread’s “politics”, were cheering on the OP and his views…🤷‍♂️ Sounds about right; shut the discourse down.

Riley Gaines doesn’t have to be a political football. She’s an incredibly successful former UK athlete who plays a large role in a national discussion on women’s rights. Just because some don’t like the particular views she espouses, I would vehemently disagree w/ those that state she doesn’t meet criteria to be discussed on HOB. Moreover, this goes both ways, as we’ve never had problems discussing other UK athletes/commentators etc. when they’re on the other end of the worldview paradigm, so long as they are relevant statewide or nationally.

Didn’t we have someone compare Calipari to Donald Trump a few weeks back re: his “narcissism”? And if I recall correctly, that thread went multiple pages. And I “think” that several of the posters above, who are now complaining about this thread’s “politics”, were cheering on the OP and his views…🤷‍♂️ Sounds about right; shut the discourse down.
Nope. I called that guy out too. It all belongs on the political board.

No. The board has rules, there's a place for politics specifically so we don't have to sift through this stuff to find sports discussion. No one's saying you can't virtue signal, but the rules say this particular board isn't the place for it.

Why don't you cry us a river lol. We have to see you and many others crap on this board pretty much every post.

If you let politics start to creep into the HOB it's a slippery slope. Some people pay specifically to NOT have to deal with that kinda stuff....and there *is* a specific place for it.

It's nice to just skip threads you don't want to read but alot of the time you don't what's inside just based on the title.

Alright, Im gonna bite. Let's go full politics. All in. Head first.

To be honest, this broad would have more credibility if she stuck to her issue. That's how she'd win. However, I've now listened to half of the interview and then she turns into a run of the mill political pundit after about the first fourth. This detracts from her credibility, as it's easier to group her in with Tucker Carlson than someone with an authentic agenda.

Dont @ me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT