ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Gaines / Joe Rogan

Speaking of biology, let's talk about the human brain some. There is a part of it called the amygdala, that among other things, interprets change as a threat. I feel like I can safely assume (and no hate intended in saying this) that we have a large group within this thread who have an amygdala working on overdrive.

A biologically born boy who mentally thinks he is a girl is in fact mentally ill. Gender is biology not whatever you feel that day. Arguing over this is just another distraction the govt is using against us and using are children in the process.

Listen, we can agree to disagree what biology some adult thinks themselves to be so long as we leave kids out of it. Nearly if not all conservatives who post here agree and don't care what adults do to themselves.

Can't seem to find any liberal posters who denounce the sexualization of children on this board. Are you one that will?

A biologically born boy who mentally thinks he is a girl is in fact mentally ill.
The American Psychiatric Association and World Health Organization have publicly stated that trans people are not mentally ill.
Gender is biology not whatever you feel that day. Arguing over this is just another distraction the govt is using against us and using are children in the process.
For the millionth time it seems, gender is not the same as sex.
Listen, we can agree to disagree what biology some adult thinks themselves to be so long as we leave kids out of it. Nearly if not all conservatives who post here agree and don't care what adults do to themselves.
Conservatives don't care yet we are currently on page 11 over what happened involving a trans adult.
Can't seem to find any liberal posters who denounce the sexualization of children on this board. Are you one that will?
If you can't find any then you either aren't looking hard enough or aren't being genuine in your statement. I (as a liberal), along with hopefully everyone on this forum, am against sexualizing kids, but being trans is not about sexualizing people. How you identify does not directly correlate to who you are attracted to.

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP
Hmm....

Caveats

• The Gender Dysphoria diagnosis functions as a double-edged sword. It provides an avenue for treatment, making medical and surgical options available to TGNC people. However, it also has the potential to stigmatize TGNC people by categorizing them as mentally ill.
  • The ultimate goal would be to categorize TGNC treatment under an endocrine/medical diagnosis.
  • In the past, TGNC patients were disproportionally diagnosed with psychotic/mood disorders to explain their gender variance. Because of this, many in the community are understandably skeptical of mental health and psychiatric care.
  • There are some genetic explanations for gender dysphoria, categorized in DSM–5 by using the diagnostic specifier “with a disorder of sex development.” Parents and physicians of these patients are typically aware of the genetic anomaly from birth, with treatment beginning in childhood.
Ruling out Psychiatric Illness

• It is common for TGNC people who have grown up in an unsupportive environment to express symptoms characteristic with personality disorders. Impulsivity, mood lability, and suicidal ideation occur commonly. This does not necessarily qualify them for a personality disorder diagnosis because personality disorders are typically lifelong and pervasive. TGNC people typically show a reduction or disappearance of these symptoms once they are in a supportive gender-affirming environment.
  • There are no studies indicating that psychiatric illness causes gender dysphoria as a consistent condition over time, although delusions or unstable personality characteristics may manifest as intermittent thoughts or feeling of gender incongruity. Additionally, TGNC people can have other psychiatric disorders (e.g., psychotic, bipolar, depressive, substance use disorders) just as anyone else that is not related to their gender variance.
  • Gender dysphoric symptoms may be the primary focus of treatment, but don’t overlook the possibility that other psychiatric symptoms may need to be treated first depending on severity.
  • TGNC people can have psychiatric symptoms of psychotic, anxiety, and mood disorders just like any other part of the population.

This toolkit does not represent official APA policy, but offers a perspective from physicians that work with this community on a regular basis. The objective of this toolkit is to help a broader range of psychiatrists become familiar with best practices for treating TGNC patients.

https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiat...onforming-patients/gender-dysphoria-diagnosis

Reactions: SDC888
The American Psychiatric Association and World Health Organization have publicly stated that trans people are not mentally ill.

For the millionth time it seems, gender is not the same as sex.

Conservatives don't care yet we are currently on page 11 over what happened involving a trans adult.

If you can't find any then you either aren't looking hard enough or aren't being genuine in your statement. I (as a liberal), along with hopefully everyone on this forum, am against sexualizing kids, but being trans is not about sexualizing people. How you identify does not directly correlate to who you are attracted to.
PR stunt. They provided no facts or evidence as to why it was removed. Other than to look good.

Transgenders have the highest suicide rate of all groups ever. I believe this says something about the internal mental struggle that comes with transgenderism. I think it was a mistake to discard it as a mental health issue.

Reactions: thabigbluenation
PR stunt. They provided no facts or evidence as to why it was removed. Other than to look good.

Transgenders have the highest suicide rate of all groups ever. I believe this says something about the internal mental struggle that comes with transgenderism. I think it was a mistake to discard it as a mental health issue.
Let me quote from the post by @catlanta33 above.

• It is common for TGNC people who have grown up in an unsupportive environment to express symptoms characteristic with personality disorders. Impulsivity, mood lability, and suicidal ideation occur commonly. This does not necessarily qualify them for a personality disorder diagnosis because personality disorders are typically lifelong and pervasive. TGNC people typically show a reduction or disappearance of these symptoms once they are in a supportive gender-affirming environment.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Mdnerd and NociHTTP
Let me quote from the post by @catlanta33 above.

Lol, so the symptoms reduce or disappear once treatment starts. Yep, sounds like a mental illness to me...

I'd like to see the data of pre transition and post transition suicide rates.

This is older and it's a study from 1972-2017.

Conclusions​

We observed no increase in suicide death risk over time and even a decrease in suicide death risk in trans women. However, the suicide risk in transgender people is higher than in the general population and seems to occur during every stage of transitioning. It is important to have specific attention for suicide risk in the counseling of this population and in providing suicide prevention programs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7317390/

Reactions: SDC888
The +/- that I had for how long it was going to take for you to reply to any of my posts was 30 minutes. You hit the under today. I'll make sure to make it 25 minutes for my next first post of the day.

That is almost as awesome as your confirmation bias and blatant hypocrisy! Words cannot express how proud I am of you and your achievement. You have exceeded all expectations.

Still arguing over fifth-place in women’s swimming, eh.

Quick, off the top of your heads, name the 5th place finisher in the NFC in 2018, then name the fifth ranked college football team in the final 2021 AP poll, next name the 5th place finisher in the 2022 men’s golf tournament, finally name the softball pitcher with the fifth lowest ERA in 2023.

My advice is that if someone doesn't agree with someone else's gender, religion, politics or what have you, then it's best for all parties for one to just move along and worry about his or her self.
great advice and I agree. When transgender people get told they shouldn’t be allowed to compete against normal people in sports it’s probably best for em to just move along and worry about themselves, not the harm or unfair advantage they create to/against others.

Instead of trying to force their minority unfair beliefs onto the majority of people who don’t feel the same way.

I see. Only you get to determine what is and what is not fact. And what language we use and how we are supposed to think.

Guess what? I don’t give a damn about you language and thought nazis. I’ll say and think what I want.

You whacked out leftists may be able to bully the medical community into bending the knee to your inane, destructive cultural views, but you don’t get to do that to the rest of us.
I'm not a leftist, lol. I'm a big fan of Trump :). It is you right wingers who think you can bully the medical community. Everything is about bullying for you :)

A biologically born boy who mentally thinks he is a girl is in fact mentally ill. Gender is biology not whatever you feel that day. Arguing over this is just another distraction the govt is using against us and using are children in the process.

According to the DSM-V people who are transgender are not mentally ill. It's you against people much, much brighter than you. Thoughts and prayers! Transitioning has nothing to do with sexualization. Maybe that's why no one will denounce your myths? Try asking more informed questions.

Got a few thoughts at least on the OP (have not read the 11 pages of threads, but skimmed a few, and think I get the general drift):

First, if I had a daughter that was a top athlete and she got beat out by a transgender woman who had recently been a man, I would be pissed. Don't think any parent would feel otherwise.

Second, I know a handful of trans individuals, one I have been around almost since he was born. TBH, he had a lot of social problems when he was a girl, and since he transitioned into a male, as an adult, he still seems to have a lot of problems, can't hold down a job that requires stress, needs a lot of help from his family, etc. Now, does he have a mental illness? Can't say, not a professional, but from my perspective, he is not living his best life, or at least not a very productive one.

Third, this whole issue maybe affects .00001% of the population. And to the extent it really is a problem, I am confident that the LPGA, the womens' tennis tour, the IOC, NCAA and other women's sports organizations can decide for themselves how to run their sports, they surely have more at stake and know more about the issues than I do.

Fourth, this whole issue is yet one more example of fake outrage being orchestrated by certain groups for political purposes. I find it VERY hard to believe there is any measurable group of men willing to take massive hormones and undergo life altering surgery so they can finish 4th at the NCAA swim meet or win a two bit tennis or golf tournament. My own brother was going on and on about this at one point, and I stopped him: Neither of his kids even played high school sports, and I know he does not follow HS or college track and field or swimming. I bet neither he or almost no one on this board could tell me three individuals who finished in the top 3 at any NCAA swim meet, other than Mark Spitz and Michael Phelps. So what is he so upset about??

I did see a story last year (I think) about a trans kid in Kentucky who wanted to run on the girls track team. Of course, it became controversial, and the powers that be decided to ban the kid from running. At a middle school? Come on, no one outside of parents and friends even knows the sport exists. Just let the kid run, it gives them something to do and maybe helps their mental health, as well as physical.

Finally, and OT a bit, I am always amazed at posters who will post their same opinion on the same thread over and over and over and over and over again. Maybe that explains why threads like these go on for 11 pages or more. And why this site is not nearly as enjoyable as it used to be.

When you think about, so few people die of mass shootings, I am not sure why it is an issue for people.

And, because gender evidently cannot be defined, why would any man have to take hormones to compete in women’s sports. Who are we to say he is not a woman?

Now, if I can figure out why the golf and wrestling threads have so many pages, we may be able to fix real mental illness in this country.

Reactions: hmt5000
When you think about, so few people die of mass shootings, I am not sure why it is an issue for people.

And, because gender evidently cannot be defined, why would any man have to take hormones to compete in women’s sports. Who are we to say he is not a woman?

Now, if I can figure out why the golf and wrestling threads have so many pages, we may be able to fix real mental illness in this country.

I wish I could have bet my house on the first poster to reply. I would now own two houses!

It's not about changing the biology. It seems the only ones trying to make that the argument are the ones who don't agree with the whole trans person. Gender is not the same thing as sex. And there are technically three sexes. Female, Intersex and Male. In that order. Gender only has to do with the degree to which sex(es) one identifies as. As far as I'm aware not only person is saying "I am a biological [sex])". When you see people on a day to day basis, going by outside appearances, if you're a decent person who doesn't obsess with what someone has under their clothing, then you're not thinking about their biology, DNA and bone structure. We're going around in circles here simply because people aren't being told what they want to hear. My advice is that if someone doesn't agree with someone else's gender, religion, politics or what have you, then it's best for all parties for one to just move along and worry about his or her self.

Since gender is different than sex, please define what a man is.

I know this may seem stupid that I’m asking this over and over. But it’s a serious conundrum for those that go along with gender ideology. You cannot define what a man or a woman is.

What is a man? What is a woman?

Not to get too political, but I care about this issue, for example, because a Supreme Court Justice couldn’t even tell you what a woman was for fear of offending one political party and having her nomination revoked, and now she’s on record today concerned the 1st Amendment could be interpreted to prevent the US government from censoring speech.

It’s a symptom of the disease.

And lunatics who support this insanity should be in the goddam loony bin, not deciding anything of importance in this country.

I’d like my son to grow up in a world where a bunch of lunatic freaks are trying to convince impressionable young children they’re brave if they pretend they’re a different gender.

Let parents and doctors decide what's best for their children. Worry about your own self.
How young would you let parents sex change a child? Would you let a 12yo get a tattoo? Would you let an 8yo decide their own bed time and diet? There is a very good reason we don't let children make life long decisions before their brains are fully developed and we shouldn't let mentally ill parents push their illness on their children.

Reactions: phunterd
It’s a truly sad state of our society that pedos feel so confident they can be so open with no fear. How did we get here?
MAP's now. They are changing the name to hide it from our "moderates" on here. That way they can say "I'm against pedophilia but if a MAP is in a consensual relationship with age deficient person... who am I to say otherwise?".

Reactions: jlock7614
Actually, that's not true at all.
Yep. Scandanavian countries are 2 decades ahead of us on this and they have stopped doing surgeries on children. Their data shows that over 90% of confused children snap out of it by going through puberty. Every 10 kids they trans before 16yo means they are wrongly changing 9. Those 9 kids will now have a 40% suicide rate.

That dude also needs to look into people who are de-transitioning. You want to talk about nonaccepting. The lgbtqia+ crew will try to get them to commit suicide. Tim Pool had a girl on who wanted to go back to being female after changing at 12... That girl was getting soooo much hate. If it's OK to go from female to male then why isn't OK to go back?

Statistically speaking, transgender kids may not be mentally ill per se, just young and impressionable children. But the adults in their lives certainly are mentally ill.
We went from >1% trans 10 years ago to 20%ish claiming to be on trans scale now in some grades. I don't know how anyone can say this isn't a mental contagion just like self harm and eating disorders... the more you have the more you get.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I'd like to see the data of pre transition and post transition suicide rates.

This is older and it's a study from 1972-2017.

Conclusions​

We observed no increase in suicide death risk over time and even a decrease in suicide death risk in trans women. However, the suicide risk in transgender people is higher than in the general population and seems to occur during every stage of transitioning. It is important to have specific attention for suicide risk in the counseling of this population and in providing suicide prevention programs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7317390/
Scandanvia is very liberal... so it wasn't some far right reason they stopped transing children. Britain also just stopped and they were a decade behind the Scandanavian countries in starting this. Do we really need to perform experiments on our children to see if they come out better or can we take their word for it?

Still arguing over fifth-place in women’s swimming, eh.

Quick, off the top of your heads, name the 5th place finisher in the NFC in 2018, then name the fifth ranked college football team in the final 2021 AP poll, next name the 5th place finisher in the 2022 men’s golf tournament, finally name the softball pitcher with the fifth lowest ERA in 2023.
If you think thats the argument then you are making more fun of yourself than you know. LOL. I don't even know the name of the girl who had her face broke in a HS volleyball game, but I still know its wrong to let a man compete against a girl in sports.

According to the DSM-V people who are transgender are not mentally ill. It's you against people much, much brighter than you. Thoughts and prayers! Transitioning has nothing to do with sexualization. Maybe that's why no one will denounce your myths? Try asking more informed questions.
Why are your experts against de-transitioning then? If it isn't group think and indoctrination then shouldn't a trans person be able to go back to their biological sex without much pushback?

Got a few thoughts at least on the OP (have not read the 11 pages of threads, but skimmed a few, and think I get the general drift):

First, if I had a daughter that was a top athlete and she got beat out by a transgender woman who had recently been a man, I would be pissed. Don't think any parent would feel otherwise.

Second, I know a handful of trans individuals, one I have been around almost since he was born. TBH, he had a lot of social problems when he was a girl, and since he transitioned into a male, as an adult, he still seems to have a lot of problems, can't hold down a job that requires stress, needs a lot of help from his family, etc. Now, does he have a mental illness? Can't say, not a professional, but from my perspective, he is not living his best life, or at least not a very productive one.

Third, this whole issue maybe affects .00001% of the population. And to the extent it really is a problem, I am confident that the LPGA, the womens' tennis tour, the IOC, NCAA and other women's sports organizations can decide for themselves how to run their sports, they surely have more at stake and know more about the issues than I do.

Fourth, this whole issue is yet one more example of fake outrage being orchestrated by certain groups for political purposes. I find it VERY hard to believe there is any measurable group of men willing to take massive hormones and undergo life altering surgery so they can finish 4th at the NCAA swim meet or win a two bit tennis or golf tournament. My own brother was going on and on about this at one point, and I stopped him: Neither of his kids even played high school sports, and I know he does not follow HS or college track and field or swimming. I bet neither he or almost no one on this board could tell me three individuals who finished in the top 3 at any NCAA swim meet, other than Mark Spitz and Michael Phelps. So what is he so upset about??

I did see a story last year (I think) about a trans kid in Kentucky who wanted to run on the girls track team. Of course, it became controversial, and the powers that be decided to ban the kid from running. At a middle school? Come on, no one outside of parents and friends even knows the sport exists. Just let the kid run, it gives them something to do and maybe helps their mental health, as well as physical.

Finally, and OT a bit, I am always amazed at posters who will post their same opinion on the same thread over and over and over and over and over again. Maybe that explains why threads like these go on for 11 pages or more. And why this site is not nearly as enjoyable as it used to be.
On the issue of affecting .0000001% of the population... That was true a few years ago. The people saying nobody is forcing this down your throats... Data shows some grades are showing highs of 20% identifying as trans or gender fluid. It's a social contagion and you don't fix by ignoring it. This experiment has already happened and kids were being hurt by doing this.

Reactions: cat_chaser
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT