ADVERTISEMENT

Request for Prayers and Support

Same here buddy. On Easter Sunday I had an emergency appendectomy. No big deal . But when I went back to get my drain tube out (same day Cal left) they told me my appendix had cancer . Now they are going to remove my colon , analyze it, and go from there. Tough times .

But the point is, this is a great place to get your mind off things that can make you crazy. It’s an escape.
I'm sorry to hear that yoshukai. Prayers for you. I hope you caught it early.
I'm getting to the age where I need to have a colonoscopy. I'm not looking forward to it. I HATE being put under. Especially for minor stuff.

I'm sorry to hear that yoshukai. Prayers for you. I hope you caught it early.
I'm getting to the age where I need to have a colonoscopy. I'm not looking forward to it. I HATE being put under. Especially for minor stuff.
Don’t put it off man .

Same here buddy. On Easter Sunday I had an emergency appendectomy. No big deal . But when I went back to get my drain tube out (same day Cal left) they told me my appendix had cancer . Now they are going to remove my colon , analyze it, and go from there. Tough times .

But the point is, this is a great place to get your mind off things that can make you crazy. It’s an escape.
Prayers for you friend.

I'm reaching out to you today with a heavy heart and a plea for support. Normally, I'm a private person, but recent circumstances have pushed me to seek peace in the community I hold dear.

I'm currently facing immense challenges as I care for my uncle, who is battling dementia. The weight of this responsibility, alongside his declining health, has become overwhelming for both myself and his wife, who is also his primary caregiver. We've sought assistance from the VA hospital, and it appears that hospice care may soon become necessary.

While my uncle is not on his deathbed, the gradual deterioration of his health is taking its toll on all of us. I find myself struggling to maintain my mental well-being amidst the demands of caregiving. Living with them, I do what I can to ease the burden by handling daily tasks like cooking and cleaning, etc but the emotional strain is immense.

What adds to the difficulty is the absence of support from his own son, who fails to step up in the way one would expect. It's disheartening to witness, especially when I, as his nephew through marriage, find myself taking on more responsibilities than his own flesh and blood.

Amidst this turmoil, I find comfort in the simple joys, like watching our beloved Cats play. It was a temporary escape from the stress, as was streaming games for all of you and providing downloads afterward. Your unwavering support over the years has meant the world to me, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, I now find myself in need of your prayers. I ask for strength and peace of mind to navigate through these trying times. Your thoughts and well-wishes would mean more to me than words can express.

Thank you for standing by me, for your support, and for being a source of comfort during this challenging journey. Your kindness is a beacon of hope in the darkness.

With heartfelt gratitude,
(BWO)
I hope that you and your family are doing well. My Father in Law finally passed away last night at 9:30pm. It been a rough night but I’m doing my best to hold it together for my wife. She loved her father more than anything. We are happy he is no longer hurting and in this state but it’s rough. Again I pray for you and hope you find peace as well.

Prayers for you!!

I hope that you and your family are doing well. My Father in Law finally passed away last night at 9:30pm. It been a rough night but I’m doing my best to hold it together for my wife. She loved her father more than anything. We are happy he is no longer hurting and in this state but it’s rough. Again I pray for you and hope you find peace as well.
So sorry to read this, brother. I’m praying for you, your wife, and your whole family. Knowing you and seeing how you’ve talked about this, I’m sure your dad in law is with Jesus, where my dad is too. So glad we’ll see them again!

Prayers for you and the family.

Yeah, I know. Still got a couple of years before it's "recommended" (i.e. insurance will actually cover it).
I keep putting mine off. 57 but I do check for the signs that are warning signs. Haven't saw anything out of the ordinary. But insurance coverage is main reason. My insurance stinks. I'm retired. Had to at 55. Due to back issues.

I'm very sorry to hear this. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

My dad was in a similar but different situation last year. Ended up losing his leg at 86 years old because a local podiatrist used a dirty shaver to remove a calluse from his foot which in turn led into an horrible infection. He ended up in a nursing home never to walk again and losing his life 15 months later. Nursing homes are a trip so be vigilant if your Uncle winds up there.

I have three sisters and they went MIA with only doing occasional short visits like ever six weeks and everything was left up to me. Having to make all the decisions for a loved one is a huge burden. I still find myself questioning many decisions I made. I found out quickly some people have a fight or flight mode that kicks in when things go south. My hats off to you for doing what your doing BWO.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Father in Law @Fox2monk God Bless you all man! You are one of the good guys around here and praying for you all.

I'm deeply sorry for the loss of your father-in-law @Fox2monk May you find peace in cherished memories and comfort in the love surrounding you during this difficult time. Sending you strength and prayers for healing. Thanks again for your prayers too. Theyre definitely needed

Prayers for you and your family. Losing a parent is a hurt that never goes away. Time helps to heal and ease the pain but you always miss them. I have lost both parents and think of them daily. Wishing the very best for your wife during this tough time.

So sorry to read this, brother. I’m praying for you, your wife, and your whole family. Knowing you and seeing how you’ve talked about this, I’m sure your dad in law is with Jesus, where my dad is too. So glad we’ll see them again!
I know this is the truth, it’s the start of a new journey. It hurts but I know he isn’t hurting anymore.

Last edited:
Prayers for peace and comfort for you and your wife.

I keep putting mine off. 57 but I do check for the signs that are warning signs. Haven't saw anything out of the ordinary. But insurance coverage is main reason. My insurance stinks. I'm retired. Had to at 55. Due to back issues.
Do it. If you see warning signs, it’s too late. Lost my sister at 47.

Reactions: Fox2monk
May His hand be upon you, to give you strength and peace of mind. You are “doing onto others as you would have them do unto you.” You are demonstrating the love that He asks us to show…

Matthew 25: 35-45

🙏🏻

AlohaCat

BWO .... please know our prayers are with you brother. I know you've had some of your own challenges as well. So you be sure to take care of BWO too OK.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm reaching out to you today with a heavy heart and a plea for support. Normally, I'm a private person, but recent circumstances have pushed me to seek peace in the community I hold dear.

I'm currently facing immense challenges as I care for my uncle, who is battling dementia. The weight of this responsibility, alongside his declining health, has become overwhelming for both myself and his wife, who is also his primary caregiver. We've sought assistance from the VA hospital, and it appears that hospice care may soon become necessary.

While my uncle is not on his deathbed, the gradual deterioration of his health is taking its toll on all of us. I find myself struggling to maintain my mental well-being amidst the demands of caregiving. Living with them, I do what I can to ease the burden by handling daily tasks like cooking and cleaning, etc but the emotional strain is immense.

What adds to the difficulty is the absence of support from his own son, who fails to step up in the way one would expect. It's disheartening to witness, especially when I, as his nephew through marriage, find myself taking on more responsibilities than his own flesh and blood.

Amidst this turmoil, I find comfort in the simple joys, like watching our beloved Cats play. It was a temporary escape from the stress, as was streaming games for all of you and providing downloads afterward. Your unwavering support over the years has meant the world to me, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, I now find myself in need of your prayers. I ask for strength and peace of mind to navigate through these trying times. Your thoughts and well-wishes would mean more to me than words can express.

Thank you for standing by me, for your support, and for being a source of comfort during this challenging journey. Your kindness is a beacon of hope in the darkness.

With heartfelt gratitude,
(BWO)
Prayes for BWO, I too am a caregiver and know the stress and strain mentally and physically. It never ends 24/7 and God is the only answer to keep you grounded. I pray it gets better for you in the coming days, hang in there.

Oh my goodness. How did I miss this thread?
@BlueWorldOrder honey you’ve got all the prayers and love I can send you. I’ve been in your shoes and it’s a difficult burden to bear.
Please keep updating and taking to us here; I think it actually helps. We love you brother
@Fox2monk ..Foxy.. love and prayers to you and your wife. I’m so sorry for your loss, but celebrate that your FIL is at peace.

And to ANYONE who has to bear the responsibility of caring for someone who cannot do so themselves, or anyone going through the pain of loss…. Know that the BBN is here for you. We may fight amongst ourselves often, but we come together when it matters
Love you all

BWO

I don't get on rafters much anymore because I got to where I just couldn't stand all the negativity going here last season. I am so sorry to hear of what your going through ! Along with Fox2Monk and yoshukai you guys have all the prayers I can give ,I hope the good lord will give you peace and comfort in these tuff times.

Statman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT