ADVERTISEMENT

Request for Prayers and Support

BWO, I'm sorry you're going through it. I've recently been through this with my dad and heart failure. It's not easy being a caregiver. But thanks for all you do for our community.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWorldOrder
I'm reaching out to you today with a heavy heart and a plea for support. Normally, I'm a private person, but recent circumstances have pushed me to seek peace in the community I hold dear.

I'm currently facing immense challenges as I care for my uncle, who is battling dementia. The weight of this responsibility, alongside his declining health, has become overwhelming for both myself and his wife, who is also his primary caregiver. We've sought assistance from the VA hospital, and it appears that hospice care may soon become necessary.

While my uncle is not on his deathbed, the gradual deterioration of his health is taking its toll on all of us. I find myself struggling to maintain my mental well-being amidst the demands of caregiving. Living with them, I do what I can to ease the burden by handling daily tasks like cooking and cleaning, etc but the emotional strain is immense.

What adds to the difficulty is the absence of support from his own son, who fails to step up in the way one would expect. It's disheartening to witness, especially when I, as his nephew through marriage, find myself taking on more responsibilities than his own flesh and blood.

Amidst this turmoil, I find comfort in the simple joys, like watching our beloved Cats play. It was a temporary escape from the stress, as was streaming games for all of you and providing downloads afterward. Your unwavering support over the years has meant the world to me, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, I now find myself in need of your prayers. I ask for strength and peace of mind to navigate through these trying times. Your thoughts and well-wishes would mean more to me than words can express.

Thank you for standing by me, for your support, and for being a source of comfort during this challenging journey. Your kindness is a beacon of hope in the darkness.

With heartfelt gratitude,
(BWO)
Prayers to you, your uncle and all of your family. Also I sent you a PM.

• Love
Yes, we are looking into that. We are going to speak with his head nurse. His wife and I need extra help we can't do it by ourselves. With his wife around age 70 and he is 78. She's not physically strong enough to do the things. And she is not very patient so I'm the middle man here to keep things on a narrow path. I've been through a lot sickness myself so I know how patient you have to be in cases like this. I do have to watch myself and so does she not let the stress get to us physically and mentally. If we break down we arent doing him any favors.

I recommend getting hospice involved as soon as possible. Don't get stuck on the negative connotation of the word "hospice". Y'all need help and you need it NOW.

If he is a veteran the VA pretty much stinks, but they can get you a number of hours that a nurse can come help, especially if he has any % disability from his military service.

My mom succumbed to Alzheimer's in 2015 after a 3 year battle. I was her caregiver until her last yearwhen she got so bad that she needed 24/7 care. It can be a tough and frustrating job. Best of luck to you and your uncle. ❤️
Sorry for your loss JD Hoss. Thanks for your support <3 I think it's only going to be a matter of time before it comes for my Uncle to have 24/7 care. Thanks for your support my friend. It is basically just me and his wife trying to take care of him it's so frustrating. To be honest and it's sad and infuriating his son is not stepping up. Sometimes family is just looking out for money

I recommend getting hospice involved as soon as possible. Don't get stuck on the negative connotation of the word "hospice". Y'all need help and you need it NOW.

If he is a veteran the VA pretty much stinks, but they can get you a number of hours that a nurse can come help, especially if he has any % disability from his military service.
Yeah we're doing it next week for sure. Yeah we're aware of how the VA can stink in some ways. I mean so far they've been excellent with them but I know they are pretty much overbooked they told us about the hours they can give right now the number of Escapes Me. Yeah he is slight disability from the military service.

Those who have never taken on the responsibilities of adult caregiving have no idea the toll it can exact on your mental and physical wellbeing.
I had almost full responsibility of my mother and father in their last decade of life. Siblings offered some help but resided out of town so it basically all fell on me.
I hear ya brother. It is tough and can really wear you down to a nub.
Prayers and better days ahead.

• Love
I'm reaching out to you today with a heavy heart and a plea for support. Normally, I'm a private person, but recent circumstances have pushed me to seek peace in the community I hold dear.

I'm currently facing immense challenges as I care for my uncle, who is battling dementia. The weight of this responsibility, alongside his declining health, has become overwhelming for both myself and his wife, who is also his primary caregiver. We've sought assistance from the VA hospital, and it appears that hospice care may soon become necessary.

While my uncle is not on his deathbed, the gradual deterioration of his health is taking its toll on all of us. I find myself struggling to maintain my mental well-being amidst the demands of caregiving. Living with them, I do what I can to ease the burden by handling daily tasks like cooking and cleaning, etc but the emotional strain is immense.

What adds to the difficulty is the absence of support from his own son, who fails to step up in the way one would expect. It's disheartening to witness, especially when I, as his nephew through marriage, find myself taking on more responsibilities than his own flesh and blood.

Amidst this turmoil, I find comfort in the simple joys, like watching our beloved Cats play. It was a temporary escape from the stress, as was streaming games for all of you and providing downloads afterward. Your unwavering support over the years has meant the world to me, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, I now find myself in need of your prayers. I ask for strength and peace of mind to navigate through these trying times. Your thoughts and well-wishes would mean more to me than words can express.

Thank you for standing by me, for your support, and for being a source of comfort during this challenging journey. Your kindness is a beacon of hope in the darkness.

(BWO)

You have them. Prayer said just now and you will be in them going forward. May His spirit come upon you and bring you peace and wisdom in these trying circumstances

I am going through the same the same thing with my husband at this time.

My God be with you and give you peace and strength.

Prayer said for you and your husband as well. I'm so sorry both you and BlueWorldOrder are both going through this

• Love

(BWO)
Brother I pray to the Lord that you and his wife have peace in dealing with all (I know all the issues) you are dealing with to help your Uncle. I pray that his son feels the need and comes to help in a way that helps your uncle, his wife and you. I pray for Gods Grace and Healing for your uncle and the whole family. This illness can pull families apart. I pray for understanding of each other as you deal with this illness. I pray for peace for your Uncle as it is so hard for that person as well to go through this infliction. May the Lord keep you and comfort you all. Amen

• Love

(BWO)
I was in a similar situation with my Mom and no help. Nobody that hasn't been through it can really understand. I wish you well and stay strong for the sake of the rest of your family.

• Love
You are definitely in our prayers. Please reach out to social work at your local VHA hospital to see what resources may be available. If your uncle meets certain criteria, there is a caregiver support program with group sessions dealing specifically with dementia and other elder care issues that could help.

https://www.caregiver.va.gov.

I would contact them to see what is available.

Last edited:
Prayers for you and your family. It's difficult caring for those we love as they grow older. Just remember to take of yourself as well as your uncle and remind his his wife to do the same.

• Love
Yeah we spoke of that with the VA. Early last year ,what was amazing about it. When he first was diagnosed. He was doing the little things like yard work cutting the grass with a riding lawn mower. We thought wow maybe he's going to pull through this. Over the past two or 3 months ago he took a dramatic downhill with his health. He's getting where he's not wanting to eat or drink much. So we figure it's probably just a matter of time. He gets very agitated and sometimes he goes on a 36-hour day where he doesn't sleep. One thing with him we've had to padlock all of our doors so it doesn't get out and wander
Bwo, few pointers with his agitated state. I have gone through this three times. Best thing when they get agitated is start talking to them about things they used to do in the past. My father-in law played college basketball and coached high school B ball here in Kentucky. So I kept him in his past. I also conned him into eating food while we talked and looked at pictures of his past player. The first thing I caught onto was not to scold him in any way just redirect him. We ended up having to take all mirrors off the walls because that distracted him. Thinking that was a place in the mirrors he wanted to go to all the time. He became a big fan of book and pictures of Kentucky places. I think to myself if I hadn’t figured those tricks out I would have endured more stress containing him. Best luck brother. And message me if help is needed.

• Love
Thanks for continuing to communicate with us, BWO. Thanks for giving us the opportunities to give back to you, through prayers and words of support and comfort. And to that end ... I'm going to give you two scripture references here that may seem in confilct ... but the one actually leads to the other.

In Second Corinthians, the Apostle Paul talked about a physical affliction that he had - Paul called in his "thorn in the flesh." Paul said, "I asked The Lord to heal my affliction, but The Lord said, instead, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' ” Often The Lord says to me, "Jake (not my real name), whenever you figure out that you're not strong enough to deal with your situation, just let me know and I'll carry you through it." And that always leads me to the book of Philippins - Chapter 4, verses 6 and 7: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." I will pray that God grants you His peace. That peace only comes from one source. Blessings to you, BWO ... in Jesus' name.

• Love
Hey, BWO. You know that we're all here for you. My thoughts and prayers for you, your uncle, his wife and the rest of the family, are going up. Please take care of yourself. That is important too. I have gone through something similar, so of you need to vent, cry, scream or just hang, please let me know and I will get my number to you. Stay strong and know that all of us are here for you!!

• Love
I've been trying to thank everyone who's been responding personally and quoting their messages. It's a little overwhelming and brings a tear to my eye with all of the loving support and prayers you guys have given me. Like someone mentioned in here unless you've been in our shoes dealing with someone with Alzheimer's / dementia you have no idea what your daily life is like. It is definitely overwhelming. But I am staying strong as I can and help in my aunt stay calm because she has no patience with this when he gets agitated and wants to fight. He has physically assaulted us a couple of times but that was the last year. Yeah and also when he gets agitated we tried to deflect and push him in another Direction but it is easier said than done. Trying our best to do everything in our power to keep him calm. He's on several medicines to keep that in check.

• Love
Reactions: ukfan1622
I was in a similar situation with my Mom and no help. Nobody that hasn't been through it can really understand. I wish you well and stay strong for the sake of the rest of your family.

Hey, BWO. You know that we're all here for you. My thoughts and prayers for you, your uncle, his wife and the rest of the family, are going up. Please take care of yourself. That is important too. I have gone through something similar, so of you need to vent, cry, scream or just hang, please let me know and I will get my number to you. Stay strong and know that all of us are here for you!!
Thanks so much Susan I will let you know soon as I can. Trust me there are days where I just really need to let go much love to you to offer that. I know there are others here would do the same thing. It's just finding time to take a phone call or even get on the board to vent like I am right now. My days are like 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 9:00 p.m.. the hardest thing is getting the right medication down him. I bought a pill grinder and we are grinding them up and putting them in applesauce sometimes ice cream. There are times where when we feed him lunch or dinner. Sometimes he eats better for me than his wife so yeah my life has been turned upside down ever since this happened. I don't know if a lot of you know my situation but about a decade and a half ago I had a major health issue and my uncle and his wife helped take care of me. They help me get back on my feet. So sometimes this is my gratitude and thankfulness of returning the favor

Prayers up to you BWO .. you are doing the Lords work . Hopefully karma visits you and visits the son as well .
You are I. A tough spot where not just anyone willing to help can step in . With the family member being combative you can’t let just anyone help out . I pray for strength and peace for you . My wife and I take refuge in Revelation 21:4 . Maybe it will help you - He will wipe every tear away

• Love
I'm going through the same thing with both of my grandmothers. Stay strong and keep positive. You and your wife are wonderful people assisting your uncle through this time.

• Love

(BWO)
my wife and I sending prayers

• Love
God Bless you and the family during this @BlueWorldOrder. Prayers for you all and your Uncle during these times. Your love and support for your Uncle stepping up shows how much you care for him to be there through the good times and the tough times. We love you and thank you for all you do BBN for years!

• Love
Prayers and God’s blessings be bestowed on you and your family at this time. You are doing something that not many people can or will do. You are allowing your uncle to spend his remaining time here on earth with dignity. That gets taken from granted as folks grow older. The simplest of things matter the most. You are to be commended for your service to him. You have my utmost respect and admiration my friend.

• Love

(BWO)
Praying for all the best for you and yours.

• Love
BWO provided me with a memory I'll never forget - over a decade ago. ❤️

You have VM or can we a GFM set up to help cover costs? I'll doordash you dinners, I don't care.

Let me know how I can help.

Reactions: susan2361
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT