ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves gone ? Pilgrim says yes

reed may very well end up being better than reeves.....he isnt now. we need reeves

Guy is another thread dissing our class and saying it could be like the 9 win team class but in this thread he is pumping up Reed, who also has no experience against college players. Lol.

Who promised him that?

Not Cal. He’s never promised any player minutes.

And all Reeves will get here next year is cigar minutes.

He’s knows it too. If he even had one iota of thought that he could play 20 minutes a game here he would return.

The days of washed up transfers playing major minutes here are over. That was a failed experiment.
This is the biggest load of horse crap I’ve read on this site and that’s saying something. Wow, just wow!! If you meant any of that you are truly an idiot!!!!

There is no way in hell that Reeves is going to play 25 to 28 minutes a game if he stays at UK. He is a terrible defensive player. He does not handle the ball that well. He is a very inconsistent shooter. He might not get 20 minutes a game if he comes back.
The one game he had the ball in his hands he got 37 points, he isn’t a bad shooter he will be one of the only shooters on next lap years roster. He would certainly get 20-30 mins a game

Reactions: G-PIP
He will never live down 1 for 15 and 1 for 10 from three v K-St.
He literally shot UK out of the S16 .
You know what I find funny is no one puts any blame on Cal! We needed more than one shooter to have to rely on and we didn’t have it thanks to head coach not recruiting any shooters. I don’t put any of it on Reeves it’s all on Cal for not recruiting some shooters to help shoulder the load!

You gotta toss Reed in there too into that r rotation. He’s better than dillingham imo and better than reeves. Reed has better handles than reeves actually he at times reminds me of shai with his ball handling and vision. On dilingham he’s more consistent From the perimeter and will probably play a more controlled game. He’s gonna end up 25 mpg with that we have next year even with reeves.

The other thing is I don’t want to hang leadership hopes on reeves. We are gonna have alot or weapons and I don’t want reeves playing hero ball. We had possibly 2 top 5 picks on the team. At least 2 top 10 picks. The ball has to go through those guys for game on the line points. Maybe reeves isn’t the right fit with what we have coming in. He’s too used to now being a go to guy when in fact we want edward and Wagner as our primary weapons. Idk i think reeves is replaceable. While he helped us last year I thought he was a poor add given the guys who were available last year.

None of it probably matters though bc cal will screw things up even if we had 5 mjs
I can maybe agree on dillingham but reed isn’t better than reeves right now, he certainly can become better but reeves avg 15-20 points for 3 straight years in college let’s not act like he is a bum, he is a good player and Kentucky needs him back

Reactions: Jumpercat
You know what I find funny is no one puts any blame on Cal! We needed more than one shooter to have to rely on and we didn’t have it thanks to head coach not recruiting any shooters. I don’t put any of it on Reeves it’s all on Cal for not recruiting some shooters to help shoulder the load!

Frederick was supposedly a shooter.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Preach man, having one shooter and going ice cold does not end well.

You gotta toss Reed in there too into that r rotation. He’s better than dillingham imo and better than reeves. Reed has better handles than reeves actually he at times reminds me of shai with his ball handling and vision. On dilingham he’s more consistent From the perimeter and will probably play a more controlled game. He’s gonna end up 25 mpg with that we have next year even with reeves.

The other thing is I don’t want to hang leadership hopes on reeves. We are gonna have alot or weapons and I don’t want reeves playing hero ball. We had possibly 2 top 5 picks on the team. At least 2 top 10 picks. The ball has to go through those guys for game on the line points. Maybe reeves isn’t the right fit with what we have coming in. He’s too used to now being a go to guy when in fact we want edward and Wagner as our primary weapons. Idk i think reeves is replaceable. While he helped us last year I thought he was a poor add given the guys who were available last year.

None of it probably matters though bc cal will screw things up even if we had 5 mjs
I think if Sheppard is given the opportunity, he will excel. Not sure he gets the opportunity, though. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a Herro type impact. But then again, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being another Allen, either. Just hard to tell.

He will never live down 1 for 15 and 1 for 10 from three v K-St.
He literally shot UK out of the S16 .
You can look at it that way or you can look at it as he was playing for a coach who was so desperate he had to keep going to a guy who’d only hit 1 out of 14 shots that game.

You can look at it that way or you can look at it as he was playing for a coach who was so desperate he had to keep going to a guy who’d only hit 1 out of 14 shots that game.

Yeah reeves should never have to shoot 15 times n a game. If Frederick the glass man was what he was supposed to be and the Pillsbury Wheeler boy wasn't a quite things work out differently

Not that big of a loss in my book. Very steaky shooter, we have some scorers coming in, no shooters but that’s not unexpected. This program is trending in the wrong direction. I’m not just referring to Cal, his complacency is astounding, but facilities, brand, the whole package needs a major shot in the arm, new state of the art facility and a hungry coach ready to work.

I think if Sheppard is given the opportunity, he will excel. Not sure he gets the opportunity, though. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a Herro type impact. But then again, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up being another Allen, either. Just hard to tell.
It’s gonna be impossible for cal to not give him 20-25 mpg. This isn’t dontaie allen. Shep is a legit elite player a mcd AA. I’ll tell you this though. If cal doesn’t play shep and Win huge he’s toast. Someone will pelt him with eggs. Shepard could have a big an impact on this team as Wagner or dillingham. I’d never pelt cal with eggs bc I don’t want to be banned from rupp but I know some guys who dgaf.

If you can jump 30 inches, have a decent handle but can’t throw a rock in the ocean, Kentucky is for you

New fancy footwork for guards per S&C coach.

bouncy baby GIF

There is no way in hell that Reeves is going to play 25 to 28 minutes a game if he stays at UK. He is a terrible defensive player. He does not handle the ball that well. He is a very inconsistent shooter. He might not get 20 minutes a game if he comes back.
Lol… ok

It’s gonna be impossible for cal to not give him 20-25 mpg. This isn’t dontaie allen. Shep is a legit elite player a mcd AA. I’ll tell you this though. If cal doesn’t play shep and Win huge he’s toast. Someone will pelt him with eggs. Shepard could have a big an impact on this team as Wagner or dillingham. I’d never pelt cal with eggs bc I don’t want to be banned from rupp but I know some guys who dgaf.
I’m a big fan of Sheppard and I hope you are right about him. And I hope Cal is smart enough to play him if he deserves to play.

I forgot Reeves is now engaged, he might wanna get his career going somewhere other than college. Reports are that he made 6 figures in NIL last year. I find it hard to imagine another school is going to pay him more.But if he is leery to compete vs a bunch of freshman, what’s he gonna do vs grown men.

Who promised him that?

He’s knows it too. If he even had one iota of thought that he could play 20 minutes a game here he would return.

The days of washed up transfers playing major minutes here are over. That was a failed experiment.
How was it a fail? Grady was solid
Reeves was our best player last year

I think he SHOULD get that many minutes.

But I think Cal would play him 15-20.

Go look at his minutes in SEC games prior to the injury/quitting big last season (and the Mich State game riding the bench down the stretch when we needed buckets). Cal had him playing 13-17 minutes and was essentially just a “go get a couple shots up” guy. The injuries forced Cals hand. The one game we had our full roster back (UF at home) Cal played him 17 min again.

Reeves knows Cal is going to prioritize developing the hyped up freshman for their draft day
Stupid take.

Everyone is inconsistent shooting to some of you.... But he's one of only 2 people to put up 37 on the road in the sec in the modern era for us. So there's that

Reactions: dl51344
Ever time i think of Reeves it is one miss after another in that last game and he just kept firing away
Yep and remember the one shot Reeves made was very late with the game decided and the pressure off. When the game was in the balance Reeves was 0 for 14 and 0 for 9 from three (couldn't throw it in the Ocean).

No NIL for you:

• Haha
Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Now we've reached the point where players are willing to take extra school work to get away from Kentucky, even when they're promised 25 to 30 minutes a game. Good times in Lexington.

Yet, the OP's linked video is PURE speculation. Nothing more. Could we maybe wait for a few days or a week before we get all negative? This board freaks out over one guy's opinion. Maybe he will leave but let's just wait and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: mebeblue2
Hate listening to Pilgrim as dude over talks bigly. He could have articulated his opinion in half the time.

Also,I take Pilgrim with a grain of salt. He throws a ton at the wall hoping the law of averages makes him look smart.

With that said, a few ppl, whose opinion I actually respect, are hinting at a similar issue, so there's real smoke. If this happens, Cal might as well pack up his house because no way he'll survive another underachieving season.

Who promised him that?

Worst take of the month sir. Great job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT