ADVERTISEMENT

Pope is NOT visiting JQ today

Isn’t there an Arkansas board somewhere that will appreciate your dumbass comments?
Really? What “dumbass comment” have I made to anybody? The man asked a question, like asked directly, I answered it. Sorry you’re upset…

I hope not.

At least make him fulfill the promise rather than being blown off the plate by bluster.

If he comes through then keep making him do so.

This isn't BYU, you cannot be intimidated.
Talking about JQ's dad. Not Mark Pope.
Pretty obvious MP doesn't think he is worth the trouble. Good on him. We don't need any more of these coddled Prima Donnas that have their "people" trying to tell the coach who to play.

Looks like U of L is willing to pay him $1.5-2m in NIL money. Arkansas and UK have said “No thanks.” Truly, if that’s what’s priority #1 for JQ and his dad, he doesn’t belong at UK.
Man no player is making this much, stop believing these NIL numbers for players

Looks like U of L is willing to pay him $1.5-2m in NIL money. Arkansas and UK have said “No thanks.” Truly, if that’s what’s priority #1 for JQ and his dad, he doesn’t belong at UK.
Your highest paid player sets the bar for the rest of the team.
With UL that's not really a problem because JQ will be the only high profile player they have.
No school can afford a roster with the bar set that high.

Reactions: wfc7
Fans that are so worried about UL are so wrong if you currently look at there roster today. UL does have Five Transfers coming in and 2 are from Charleston in Smith and Scott and they averaged 12ppg and 5ppg, Hadley from Colorado 8ppg., Khalifa from BYU 5ppg., Johnson from Pac-12 had 12ppg., and Edwards from JMU had 17ppg and looks to be the best out of these transfers. UL has Miller and McCool for returning players for 2024-25. UL had 11-12 players to transfer out after this season including White, Clark, James, Huntley-Hatfield, Traynor, Williams, Glenn, and Evans. UL with there new transfer and lack of returning players are going to have another tough season even if the pick up Quaintance and want to fork out $2 million this season and probably $3 or $4 in year 2. This will also help us go out and go get Great Osobor and other top players that UK will need in Year 1 after losing there roster. I am sure Pope is not only looking at $2 million now but next year plus there will be more big names coming in next two weeks. It would have been great to have Quaintance for 2 years but I don't know if it would be worth the Money they are asking for and that isn't figuring Year 2.

Reactions: Fox2monk
This kid may turn out to be something special, but all I see is a 17 year old that’s gonna get beat to death by a bunch of 24 year old grad transfers.

Aaron Torres still thinks UK may get involved, I’ve also heard that JQ may not qualify and that hasn’t been talked about. Apparently his grades are bad…

Do you realize he has to stay in college for two years? I get that there is some hokiness around this kid, but it is nothing like Sharpe. People on here talk to hear themselves talk.....and then everything they say becomes true so everyone else reports it as fact.
Yeah and no matter where he goes you don’t think if he produces especially in year 2 he won’t portal shop and ask double? Guarantee he will.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Yeah and no matter where he goes you don’t think if he produces especially in year 2 he won’t portal shop and ask double? Guarantee he will.
Sure he will shop his talents, but how is that remotely like Sharpe. This kid will play.

Possible Sharpe like in that he may find a loophole to go pro anyway. Ya never know these days. The biggest fear I’d have is him bolting and shipping after year 1 especially asking for this massive deal unproven.
As far as basketball goes I would love to have the kid but as you point out there are a lot of moving parts. His dad may or may not be a wild card in all this(he is only 16 so dad should have a role to play but he has been very vocal as opposed to behind the scenes)

Reactions: Fox2monk
Possible Sharpe like in that he may find a loophole to go pro anyway. Ya never know these days. The biggest fear I’d have is him bolting and shipping after year 1 especially asking for this massive deal unproven.
"he may find a loophole". That is exactly what I said previously. People say shit on here and make stuff up. If he finds a "loophole" it can be discussed. But before he does, quit making shit up.

As far as basketball goes I would love to have the kid but as you point out there are a lot of moving parts. His dad may or may not be a wild card in all this(he is only 16 so dad should have a role to play but he has been very vocal as opposed to behind the scenes)
I feel the same way.

"he may find a loophole". That is exactly what I said previously. People say shit on here and make stuff up. If he finds a "loophole" it can be discussed. But before he does, quit making shit up.
I’m not “making” anything up, it’s not even a given he will be admitted into college as there is “RUMORS” his grades aren’t exactly up to par. This is a discussion board and rumors will be talked about, if you can’t handle that, then go read a newspaper for your information.

I’m not “making” anything up, it’s not even a given he will be admitted into college as there is “RUMORS” his grades aren’t exactly up to par. This is a discussion board and rumors will be talked about, if you can’t handle that, then go read a newspaper for your information.
You need to go back and read the conversation that you hopped into feet first. It was said that this kid has a "Sharpe" feel about him, meaning he could go somewhere, not play and exploit the school. Then I responded that he had to be in college for two years and he wouldn't get NIL if he didn't play. Then you come in, smarting off saying he "may find a loophole" and I guess your point was that he will sit out his freshman year and then find this magical loophole and go pro. So now, you move the goalpost and say he might not qualify to get in to college. I understand what this board does rumors, etc. But there are too many people that say shit like "he may find a loophole" and three thread laters it turns into "he has a loophole" and it is all bs. You are one of the worst and starting that shit. Say facts, or opinions. Quit saying "he may", or "he probably" or "most likely." That gets shit stirred up.

You need to go back and read the conversation that you hopped into feet first. It was said that this kid has a "Sharpe" feel about him, meaning he could go somewhere, not play and exploit the school. Then I responded that he had to be in college for two years and he wouldn't get NIL if he didn't play. Then you come in, smarting off saying he "may find a loophole" and I guess your point was that he will sit out his freshman year and then find this magical loophole and go pro. So now, you move the goalpost and say he might not qualify to get in to college. I understand what this board does rumors, etc. But there are too many people that say shit like "he may find a loophole" and three thread laters it turns into "he has a loophole" and it is all bs. You are one of the worst and starting that shit. Say facts, or opinions. Quit saying "he may", or "he probably" or "most likely." That gets shit stirred up.
Ok buddy. Like I said get your panties out of a wad. I’ll talk however I want on here, and discuss whatever I want, when I want. You can like it, lump it, or shove it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT