ADVERTISEMENT

No wonder J Quantance left

They have around $4.5 million in NIL so far, and climbing. That should ensure that we don't get "scraps from the portal."

The win-win in this is that Pope is only inked for 5 years. If he kills it here, you adjust his contract and let him become a long-term guy. If he struggles, you buy him out after year 3 or 4 and find someone else.

I think we'll love the quality of player he brings to the portal. Kentucky has the immediate money and playing to offer.

Adjust his contract? You realize he is already one of the highest paid coaches in the nation? Mitch already gave him a massive payday. We could've had him for half that, maybe less.

His staff will be the key. I'm sold on his coaching and motivation but no one doubted that. It's everything else that's missing for now.

Adjust his contract? You realize he is already one of the highest paid coaches in the nation? Mitch already gave him a massive payday. We could've had him for half that, maybe less.

His staff will be the key. I'm sold on his coaching and motivation but no one doubted that. It's everything else that's missing for now.
I’m on board with the Pope hire. Thought it was less than stellar at first but he has won me over. The attitude and aptitude is there and he obviously has support.

I do wonder why the pay is so high, other than being at Uk demands a top 10 salary. I would have went about 3 with a LOT of incentives.

Btw on jq apparently his aau coach is now an assistant at Louisville? If so I guess that explains the visit and you'd think it means legit interest

I’m on board with the Pope hire. Thought it was less than stellar at first but he has won me over. The attitude and aptitude is there and he obviously has support.

I do wonder why the pay is so high, other than being at Uk demands a top 10 salary. I would have went about 3 with a LOT of incentives.

Yes 2.5-3 with incentives was reasonable. Paying 5 for that resume is absurd, even more when you know for a fact he would accept much less.

Now that contract sets a new level for other coaches at the school and a future basketball coach you might have to hire.

Reactions: wardlow
I think JQ's Daddy was/ is just looking for the biggest bag!!!!!!!!!

Why would you even post that? His dad by all accounts has had a very level headed approach and UK is still in the running.
OOPS, my bad!!! The "SI" (sarcasm intended) that I typed on my phone didn't come thru.....................................

Reactions: KAB Cats
Can you not understand how much this change was needed? Your hero has destroyed the program

I don’t think they are a UK fan. Every post from them is saying UK is over or something to that agenda. And they aren’t wording it as they are worried or fear a mistake was made , IPkilla is saying it like a rival fan would to troll

Unless anyone remembers him actually posting like a real fan in the past

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT