POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you think Hillary is a better candidate (than anyone, including Jeb Bush) then do us a favor and don't vote.

I should have said "anyone other than Obama"... because she would be better than him.

How are we even having a serious discussion about who would be worse, another Bush or Clinton. Absolutely boggles my mind.

If a 3rd party candidate could get 5% of the vote and it took spoiling it for Bush for that to happen, I'm 100% fine with that. You think Jeb Bush would be any better than Hilary Clinton?

It's the same damn thing I tried to convince you people with McConnell vs Grimes. Giving McConnell another term was worse than letting Grimes get in there, blow it, then getting fresh blood after the term.

You think Grimes would be worse than pushing for an expedited reauthorization of the Patriot Act? Pushing to actually give Obama all the power he wants on an Asian trade deal? Allowing Iran to go nuclear (while still thinking the US needs to be meddling in the Middle East)?
This is exactly what I said during their campaigns, but no there are too many right wingnuts that think putting McConnell in again was better than any democrat.

And by the way. Mitch was re-elected and has been the majority leader in the Senate for months now. What has he done for Kentucky in that time?

I'll hang up and listen.

Yeah talk about another bad election. Grimes V. McConnell. It's like McCain V. Palin. Which is essentially picking the lesser of two evils . Like would you rather have aids or cancer? You know it's bad when they both try and use kentucky basketball to gain votes.

The safe pick would be Hillary to me anyways.

Seriously? Just think how much money the Clintons could make if she is POTUS. They collected over 120 million in four years while she was SOS. But as another poster said, she would be better than Obama.

Pelosi thinks congress is above investigation for insider trading. I seriously hope this woman dies a painful death 100X over.

"I would hold my record of fighting the credit card companies - as Speaker of the House or as a member of Congress - up against anyone's" - Pelosi

Pelosi bought 5,000 shares of VISA at $44 a share before magically jumping up to $248 a share. Made a cool million. I don't get too angry, but it's this shit that makes me angry and bitter about having to be alive and living in a world with these Viruses.

Last edited:

Here's a video of Boehner in 2009 ADMITTING to handing out checks on the Congress floor from tobacco lobbyists before a major tobacco law.

In environmentalism news....

a huge train derailment full of oil is burning away in South Dakota this morn. trains have to be used for this thanks to Obama on his knees to global warming wackos and needlessly denying the Keystone XL pipeline from being built (with money that isn't even confiscated form taxpayers!).

The train that derailed? BNFS. Wondering who is a major investor/owner of that company? You'd be surprised!!
CEVLlaGWAAAAe2t.jpg:large
A semi truck carrying a load of oil had a leak in my county this week. He lost the whole load of oil for about 15 miles down the road then just stopped and let it drain out into a mans field.

Also, could ISIS not hold off on this bullshit for a few months. This is basically going to guarantee a reup of the Patriot Act and all the domestic surveilance that comes with it.

"But ISIS says they're in America now. How are we going to stop them if we don't intercept every single piece of communication in the country?"

You think that's a coincidence? There's always a good crisis at hand whenever theres a power grab at stake.

First isis was a band of jaded kids led by a failed European rapper. Now suddenly they're going to overthrow the country/world and the only hope we have is the Patriot act; just in time for renewal.

Coincidence? Hardly.

Conservatives with an unexpected crushing victory over in ole England. The liberal Labour party was so touching confident they chiseled out their 'values' onto a stone tablet as if they were Moses coming down from on high to dictate life to the Jews.
images

Pelosi thinks congress is above investigation for insider trading. I seriously hope this woman dies a painful death 100X over.

"I would hold my record of fighting the credit card companies - as Speaker of the House or as a member of Congress - up against anyone's" - Pelosi

Pelosi bought 5,000 shares of VISA at $44 a share before magically jumping up to $248 a share. Made a cool million. I don't get too angry, but it's this shit that makes me angry and bitter about having to be alive and living in a world with these Viruses.
Holy crap! I had no idea this happened. Yikes!

Here is a link to an investigative piece 60 Minutes did on the entire issues of congress and insider trading. If this doesn't piss off every American that watches it regardless of party, I don't know what would. The interview is based on work done by Peter Schweizer, the same guy that wrote the Clinton Cash book.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/congress-trading-stock-on-inside-information/

Come on guys, Congress passed a law to prevent Congressional insider training.

It just so happens they also refuse to comply with SEC subpoenas and investigations into insider training due to "the separation of powers." But hey, they wouldn't break the law.

Conservatives with an unexpected crushing victory over in ole England. The liberal Labour party was so touching confident they chiseled out their 'values' onto a stone tablet as if they were Moses coming down from on high to dictate life to the Jews.
images

#1 on this list is a joke; when has any liberal anywhere had a plan for a "strong economic foundation".

"Tax the rich" is not an economic plan... smh.

All you have to do is look at the tax rates and economic growth rates over the last 25-50 years in western European countries to see the abject failures.

Here is a link to an investigative piece 60 Minutes did on the entire issues of congress and insider trading. If this doesn't piss off every American that watches it regardless of party, I don't know what would. The interview is based on work done by Peter Schweizer, the same guy that wrote the Clinton Cash book.

Absolutely. Every single member of the legislature that voted in favor of this should have been tossed out on the street.

As Cosby mentioned, after the intense public reaction congress passed laws prohibiting congressional inside trading. Laws they refuse to comply with.

This highlights the biggest current problem with American politics - politicians increase their net worth exponentially during their time in office. Happens through either insider trading, shady business deals, favorable board of trustee appointments where they never have to actually appear or do anything, or through shady non profits.

^Yep - or a million dollar a year job as a "consultant" at Goldman Sachs, even though their degree was in history.

What we need to do is find any and every way to get the federal government more power so the assholes inside can really get rich when they make moves.

Obamacare was a good step in getting them another industry they can control. Anybody have any other good ideas? Carbon taxes would be cool.

The more centralized government power, the better IMO. Education, healthcare, banking, whatever we can give to Washington, let's do it. You wouldn't want to inconvenience lobbyists by making them buy off people at the state and local levels.

What we need to do is find any and every way to get the federal government more power so the assholes inside can really get rich when they make moves.

Obamacare was a good step in getting them another industry they can control. Anybody have any other good ideas? Carbon taxes would be cool.

The more centralized government power, the better IMO. Education, healthcare, banking, whatever we can give to Washington, let's do it. You wouldn't want to inconvenience lobbyists by making them buy off people at the state and local levels.

You left out more gun control, and nationalizing local police forces.

Good to see the Obama administration continued to grant amnesty to illegal aliens in direct violation of a court issued injunction.

If the Consitution doesn't apply to our dear leader, why should some injunction.

Hopefully this judge actually has the balls (or clean internet search history the NSA can't exploit) to do something.

Need some help: A fellow poster (name slips me) spoke in another thread titled "Black Liberals" (or something) about how LBJ and others wouldn't sign off on the Southern Manifesto, but made it seem they didn't do it for the right intentions. Any ideas who the poster was? And Most importantly, anyone have any good articles or reading material on this? !00% serious.

Need some help: A fellow poster (name slips me) spoke in another thread titled "Black Liberals" (or something) about how LBJ and others wouldn't sign off on the Southern Manifesto, but made it seem they didn't do it for the right intentions. Any ideas who the poster was? And Most importantly, anyone have any good articles or reading material on this? !00% serious.
His name is bigbluguru90 aka rain man. He's the smartest guy on this board according to him. Scratch that it's ghost vol you speak of

Yes, that was him. Yeah, I'm not sure how true it is. But I'm always willing to listen to anyone debunking the whole "Liberals care about *x*!" argument.

One thing I've got to give the Brits mad props about with their politics....when their political party loses, the leaders have the courage and balls to realize it is THEIR loss, and they resign to make room for someone else to try and formulate winning strategy. As Pelosi ought to have done years ago, or Harry Reid this past election.

images

Favorite headline today: "Cameron And Conservatives Win Big, But Existential Crises Loom" - huffpo

You guys do realize that "liberal" and "conservative" mean different things in different places, right? That you can't apply those terms to other countries in the same way you do in your own?

Well the British Conservative party is vaguely conservative, relative to our Republican party. Same goes for Labour and the Democrats. Obviously they cannot be perfect parallels, but if a mainstream Republican were to be inserted into British politics they would definitely align most easily with the Conservatives.

I would say, in fact, that the Conservative party is actually just what the Republicans actually are, as opposed to what they say they are.

You guys do realize that "liberal" and "conservative" mean different things in different places, right? That you can't apply those terms to other countries in the same way you do in your own?
The British Conservatives actually are pretty similar to Republicans in almost every policy area.

Ok, Deee. You're a smart guy. So why do you defend the Dems so much. They're crooks. No different feathers from a peacock. So why defend them. No one is asking you to vote Repub. But saying you were a "Mitt" guy still is no better than a "Jeb" guy. If you vote Hillary Clinton without considering Rand Paul, then the blood is on your hands Deee. You enjoy seeing innocence die? Vote 3rd party or vote Rand Paul. The choice is yours Deee. No more excuses or Obama graphs.

Ok, Deee. You're a smart guy. So why do you defend the Dems so much. They're crooks. No different feathers from a peacock. So why defend them. No one is asking you to vote Repub. But saying you were a "Mitt" guy still is no better than a "Jeb" guy. If you vote Hillary Clinton without considering Rand Paul, then the blood is on your hands Deee. You enjoy seeing innocence die? Vote 3rd party or vote Rand Paul. The choice is yours Deee. No more excuses or Obama graphs.
If the election was next week, that is probably the way I would go. I was really hoping Hillary wouldn't run...for everyone's sake involved. Her entire term will be nothing but a fight, just like it's been with Obama. The Repugs are too arrogant to see that so they're not going to change and the Dims just want to blame the Repugs.

I feel your pain Willie but the truth is when we vote in November you get two choices that have any chance of winning so you vote for the "least worse" choice, sometimes you have to hold you nose. The only time in my life there was a third party candidate with a chance to win, not only did I vote for him but worked in the campaign. Perot was a fiscally conservative moderate.

I defend no dem that's a crook flush them all.

I agree Rand is spot on with his foreign policy, but it would be very hard for me to vote for someone that wants to dismantal half the government and refuses to acknowledge the impending climate catastrophe.

Last edited:
I feel your pain Willie but the truth is when we vote in November you get two choices that have any chance of winning so you vote for the "least worse" choice, sometimes you have to hold you nose. The only time in my life there was a third party candidate with a chance to win, not only did I vote for him but worked in the campaign. Perot was a fiscally conservative moderate.

I defend no dem that's a crook flush them all.

I agree Rand is spot on with his foreign policy, but it would be very hard for me to vote for someone that wants to dismantal half the government and refuses to acknowledge the impending climate catastrophe.
And here you have it Willie, a BS answer to cover his toe the party line regardless stance. He has no real want to put this country back on track. His wish seems to be as it always has been. Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead with Big Liberal Ideas and Big Government.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT