POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL. When the boards first switched, for some reason a thread from way back appeared. Defense was just loving primary candidate Romney. Thought he was great. I mentioned the post, but did not quote it which was a huge mistake.

Exactly what he's doing with Jeb Bush.

:rollinglaughingface: Didn't you also pump up Romney before he was the candidate? Almost as if you actually want the weakest candidate to get the nomination so that the candidate you actually support will have an easier time.

Romney had a very strong resume. I said it then, I'll say it now, but Romney pandered way too much to the far right and it cost him. He lost the moderates, and Obama wasn't doing too badly IMO.
You get to choose between two - that doesn't mean the one you don't vote for was all bad.

I want a good laugh tell me what other Republican you think would be a stronger general election candidate then Jeb? make it a really good one like Ben Carson and I'll even give you a "like":)

Reactions: From-the-stands
Romney had a very strong resume. I said it then, I'll say it now, but Romney pandered way too much to the far right and it cost him. He lost the moderates, and Obama wasn't doing too badly IMO.
You get to choose between two - that doesn't mean the one you don't vote for was all bad.

I want a good laugh tell me what other Republican you think would be a stronger general election candidate then Jeb? make it a really good one like Ben Carson and I'll even give you a "like":)

Screw it, go ahead and let's admit we have an oligarchy here. It's better we just be honest and admit what we have is no different than other country who's goddamn uncle's cousin jumped to power after his brother's nephew reign.

Jeb Bush? wow, what a head shaker. Deeee is now fully employed by Hillary. It's that obvious. Jeb is a goddamn retard.

Hey what's happening with state politics?

That's our/your only hope, but I feel like that's long gone.

Please demonstrate where Mitt Romney pandered to the far right. The knock on Romney from the primaries all the way up until election day was that he was trying too hard to be a centrist. He didn't have specific plans and simply tried to come across as competent, not an ideologue in any sense. I mean, his entire campaign was based on two things: 1) fixing the economy and 2) the incompetency of Obama. He never once advocated any "far right" economic plan and certainly didn't use any Alex Jones style attack on Obama. So again, how was he too far right?

And currently Rand Paul is polling better than any Republican against Hillary Clinton. Will he win? I don't know, but he certainly can and has a better chance the Bush III. You also think I like Ben Carson for some reason. Well not "some reason," it's your blatant lack of any nuance. HE SAY HE DONT LIEK BSUH MUST BE FARRR RITE REPUBLCAN TEE PARTY LIOVER BEN CARSON MIKE HUCKLEBEE!!!! Dee probably honestly, deeply feels like watching MSNBC AND Fox News = "balance" and a well rounded understanding of politics. Give it up, bub. You are the political equivalent of a rabid First Take viewer.

It is not that deee supposedly went from possibly voting for Romney to just making a tough choice to vote for Obama.

He went from the shtick he is playing here (and everyone laughed at him) about possibly voting for Romney....to once the election got heated, he typed out about a 1000 posts that made Romney to be the worst human on the planet and Obama having the country on a clear path to unrivaled prosperity. For six months he defended every single Dem argument for Obama. Every GD one, no exceptions, with the passion of a volunteer and contributor for the campaign. And he will do it again. His out will be global warming...

What a lying clown.

The 47% comment, effectively saying half the people in the country were worthless deadbeats sponging off the other half. That's not exactly a moderate position, and pretty much cooked him.
That did not cook him, it hurt him but, did not cook him. The lies did more to hurt him than did that comment. You just can't bring yourself to except or even tell the truth yourself can you.

Saying 47% of citizens have an effective income tax rate of 0% is true. His additional comments about them feeling entitled, etc are not "right wing." They were tone deaf and landed horribly, but there's nothing inherently right or left wing about that. It's his personal opinion of that group.

What about when Obama said that people who don't buy healthcare on the exchanges are freeloaders and are effectively the cause of high healthcare premiums? Was that "right wing" or just his personal opinion of a particular group of people?

You also said he "pandered" to the far right. If I remember correctly that comment was taken from a talk to relatively few people. The video wasn't released by him, so are you are saying his pandering to a room full of 50 people is equal to him running his entire campaign towards the far right?

I suppose if you take "right wing" to mean condescending opinions of the poor, then you are right. However, since that is not the definition of right wing I will simply take it as you requiring very simplistic labels as a way to guide your views, since critical thinking is hard

That did not cook him, it hurt him but, did not cook him. The lies did more to hurt him than did that comment. You just can't bring yourself to except or even tell the truth yourself can you.

Warrior- I agree. But this is a real good opportunity for hard lining Republicans to do some serious soul searching and figure out why they are having to defend turds like Romney, rather than what is really needed. New blood. Christianity is down to 70% I think I just saw, and a lot of them are ok with gays and abortions and shit. So that is taking a chunk of your voting base right there. Get Rand, get Dem, get Ind, get Libertarians, Game set match.

LOL. Yeah. Can't vote for that right wing hack Romney. Need to campaign for a true centrist like Obama.

Defense, will you please just sit this election out? You'll get your social security and you can stop doing your best to ruin the country for the next generations.

Warrior- I agree. But this is a real good opportunity for hard lining Republicans to do some serious soul searching and figure out why they are having to defend turds like Romney, rather than what is really needed. New blood. Christianity is down to 70% I think I just saw, and a lot of them are ok with gays and abortions and shit. So that is taking a chunk of your voting base right there. Get Rand, get Dem, get Ind, get Libertarians, Game set match.
I don't disagree with you at all. I am not defending Romney in as much as I am blasting the way the left lies and the liberal media runs with it for agenda purposes. Romney took his shot and blew it. I will not vote Bush regardless. Where I am right now outside of that is waiting and hoping for someone to show me that they too are really ready for change.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Please let it be Rand...will be a touching disaster for him in the general. Guy has less experience than Obama did. Plus he's f'ing nuts.

Romney got beat because people don't like him. He's a younger 'Mr. Burns' who comes across as an elitist ass who hates the poors. Personally I think he'd be an ok President but when your own base don't even like you you got problems.

Looks like there's a trade deal that's going to happen. I guess if you aren't going to fight the bullshit power grabs, and you owe favors to all your big business donors, you might as well voluntarily hand over legilative power to the executive branch.

Thanks McConnell. Hopefully he runs for another term once this one is up. Wouldn't want some democrat getting in office. Bad things might happen.

11206070_10153634710065353_8704339183929935547_n.jpg

Reactions: warrior-cat
Looks like George Stephanopoulos hid his $50,000 worth of donations to the Clintons. Oops. But theres no MSM bias right?

Never mind the cool Million Ruppert Murdock threw at the Republicans. But there is no Fox News bias, right?

Nice straw man. I don't think anyone argues that Fox News is unbiased. They clearly have their target market. The difference is the rest of the MSM. They deny a bias, although its clearly there for anyone who looks hard enough.

Never mind the cool Million Ruppert Murdock threw at the Republicans. But there is no Fox News bias, right?
Nothing like the millions the Clintons get from overseas donations though right? Yeah, we know, it was donations to the Clinton foundation. ;);)

LOL. Defense calling out Fox News for labeling themselves fair and balanced.

Radical wingnut dipshits claiming to be moderates.

Let's remember that deee is an avid reader of Media Matters (David Brock runs it and also runs a major HRC PAC) and claims they are merely fact checkers even though they have clearly stated their goal to kill Fox.

In reality Murdock is an 80/20 contributor and has given money to HRC, Schumer, and many Dems. He backs many liberal causes such as increased immigration. Far less sensational than people like Olbermann, Maher, etc giving major amounts while hosting shows.

This is an interesting idea but you have 70 million households that paid no federal income tax in 2013, a larger portion of these are folks in the $30K/year range, many work two jobs. What good are tax credits for these people? Even those in this range or a bit higher may not pay nearly the amount in taxes as the insurance might cost, so how can they possibly afford to buy it?

The "savings" that the article claims to Federal Government would simple be realized by pushing the cost of insurance back on people who don't have the money. The result? They go uninsured and back to the ERs where the astronomical costs are recovered in the providers billings to the insured. That of course results in higher insurance rates for those that can afford it.

What about the other provisions of ACA that people like - no preconditions, kids up to 26 can stay on etc. should these be dumped?

I think this idea could be considered as part of a bill amending the ACA but applying only to those that make a certain income level or higher.

They go uninsured and back to the ERs where the astronomical costs are recovered in the providers billings to the insured./QUOTE]

Funny, a couple pages back I could not get you to acknowledge your statements about UCA reducing ER visits being incorrect and that they were actually increasing. You also favor unfettered illegal immigration which is driving up those numbers. But yet, you reject a GOP outright based on pure speculation. Which breakdown of the plan did you read...Mother Jones or DailyKos?[

Last edited:
LOL we can't get rid of Obamacare because ER visits might increase? Or adults might not be able to stay on their parents insurance until they're 26. Just 25 like it used to be. Or insurance may no longer provide sick people with the ability to transfer the risk of getting sick to someone else?

Um, ok.

Good article on the Dems getting a taste of the arrogant ahole method of debating from Obama:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418417/democrats-get-taste-obamas-arrogance-jonah-goldberg
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418417/democrats-get-taste-obamas-arrogance-jonah-goldberg

“Let’s suppose you are trying to bring a friend around to your point of view,” Milbank writes. “Would you tell her she’s emotional, illogical, outdated, and not very smart? Would you complain that he’s being dishonest, fabricating falsehoods and denying reality with his knee-jerk response?” “Such a method of a persuasion is likelier to get you a black eye than a convert,” Milbank notes. “Yet this is how President Obama treats his fellow Democrats on trade . . .” Yes, well, true enough.
But lost on Milbank is the fact that this is precisely how Obama treats everyone who disagrees with him. When Obama — who ran for office touting his ability to work with Republicans and vowing to cure the partisan dysfunction in Washington — treated Republicans in a far ruder and shabbier way, Milbank celebrated. Of course, he was hardly alone. Republicans, in Obama’s view, are always dishonest, fabricating falsehoods and denying reality with their knee-jerk responses. Republicans, in Obama’s view, are always dishonest, fabricating falsehoods and denying reality with their knee-jerk responses.

To pick just one of countless examples, there was a White House summit on health care in 2010. The president invited members of Congress to discuss the issue in good faith. He then proceeded to treat every concern, objection, and argument from Republicans as dumb, dishonest, or emotional. They were, according to a column by Milbank, “stepping into Prof. Obama’s classroom.” Milbank marveled at how the “teacher” treated them all “like his undisciplined pupils.” Whenever someone said anything politically inconvenient, the president replied that those were just partisan “talking points.”

The frustrating part is that most folks with a few functioning brain cells saw Obama for what he is 6-8 years ago.

This moron is just now figuring Obama out? SMH...

Reactions: Mashburned
I hope you guys get to nominate Walker or one of the other hard right candidates as GOP standard bearer in '16. All on the wrong side of public opinion on immigration, Social Security/Medicare, LGBT rights, abortion rights, tax cuts for the rich.... Hilary will deliver the biggest an ass whipping since '84 if that's the case.

*** preface I don't want a police talk just a criminal/aclu comment ***

So Louisville is adding some more cop body cams....I'm sure this is going to get widespread which is fine, not my point.

Once widespread, how long do you guys think the boomerang will take to happen? More arrests/convictions because they were caught on tape? ACLU steps in? People should have the right to ask the cops to turn their cameras off to protect their crime errrrrrrrrrrr civil overtones and privacy?

I don't know, could be wrong.

LOL we can't get rid of Obamacare because ER visits might increase? Or adults might not be able to stay on their parents insurance until they're 26. Just 25 like it used to be. Or insurance may no longer provide sick people with the ability to transfer the risk of getting sick to someone else?

Um, ok.

ER visits are increasing even more now that Medicaid has expanded and obamacare is in effect.

True story

Reactions: drawing_dead
Body cams won't help much of nothing, imho. Just more bloated BS to make people feel better.

I hope you guys get to nominate Walker or one of the other hard right candidates as GOP standard bearer in '16. All on the wrong side of public opinion on immigration, Social Security/Medicare, LGBT rights, abortion rights, tax cuts for the rich.... Hilary will deliver the biggest an ass whipping since '84 if that's the case.

What are Hilary's positions on these issues?

BC a more useful exercise would be to go watch youtube clips of dogs humping footballs, etc.

Ah, just saw that Beyonce endorsed HRC last night....FTS popping in now makes sense.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT