ADVERTISEMENT

Please Fill Rupp Arena on Sunday

Yeah we don't fill rupp for games on Sunday anymore, I doubt anyone shows up for this since it's gonna be nice. Don't take it personal Mark but most fans are ran down from the last few years and not really interested in giving more yet. Just do your job for now and good luck.

It's like I have suspected all along. There are a lot of non UK fans on this site.
Whether you agree with the hire or not. You aren't a UK fan if you don't get behind Mark Pope and give the man a chance.
Kentucky has gone from a coach who could care less about the university or it's fans.
To a coach who loves Kentucky and the fan base. The man bleeds blue.
He may or may not work out. Fact is Not a single person knows for sure if he will or won't.

Yeah we don't fill rupp for games on Sunday anymore, I doubt anyone shows up for this since it's gonna be nice. Don't take it personal Mark but most fans are ran down from the last few years and not really interested in giving more yet. Just do your job for now and good luck.
This is a little bit bigger than a Sunday game, this is the future coach. You don't want to show your support that's you. But Pope has a lot more going for him than you think. I also had a knee jerk reaction when I heard it but after a little research I'm all in. And I hope Rupp is packed as it should be.

That’s a BS attitude. Very entitled. Very defeatist. Poor fans. Boo hoo.

I live in the western part of the state and am going to try to get there Sunday and support OUR new coach. Beats the hell out of whining like a toddler on the internet because I didn’t get my way.

I wonder when we will know what time it is? I might drive my 76 year old mom up from Tennessee to see it. She was really upset about Cal leaving at first, and now she thinks he did us wrong and is mad at him. She was really excited about Pope being hired. She always sees everything about the Cats with blue-colored lenses. But taking her would be moment she wouldn't forget - especially if this turns out good.

It's like I have suspected all along. There are a lot of non UK fans on this site.
Whether you agree with the hire or not. You aren't a UK fan if you don't get behind Mark Pope and give the man a chance.
Kentucky has gone from a coach who could care less about the university or it's fans.
He may or may not work out. Fact is Not a single person knows for sure if he will or won't.

Agree.

The man has EARNED a chance because he’s done something that none of us crying on a message board have - co-captained the team that hung our sixth banner.

That’s a BS attitude. Very entitled. Very defeatist. Poor fans. Boo hoo.

I live in the western part of the state and am going to try to get there Sunday and support OUR new coach. Beats the hell out of whining like a toddler on the internet because I didn’t get my way.
Sorry I have to work sundays.. that's how entitled I am. I can't make it but your fulling yourself if you think it's gonna look like a gameday crowd.

• Haha
Reactions: CatTough and KFuqua
And the man who caused all of that is gone and replaced by someone who is the complete opposite. Me, my wife and brother will be there!

Last edited:
False I know the guy will because he can actually Coach and wants to win

Agree.

The man has EARNED a chance because he’s done something that none of us crying on a message board have - co-captained the team that hung our sixth banner.
Amen. I mean who better exemplifies what UK basketball is truly about. We are all crazy loyal fans, some with 10 yrs and others with 60, but none of us have lived it like Mark Pope. He was the Unbelievables freaking Captain!!!! That's the embodiment folks.
Just to get a flicker of that flame to ignite the BBN. Best move ever to get away from Players first, to Program first.

I wonder when we will know what time it is? I might drive my 76 year old mom up from Tennessee to see it. She was really upset about Cal leaving at first, and now she thinks he did us wrong and is mad at him. She was really excited about Pope being hired. She always sees everything about the Cats with blue-colored lenses. But taking her would be moment she wouldn't forget - especially if this turns out good.
Do it. My Mom was true blue. Miss her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT