ADVERTISEMENT

Our voices

This is the low point in my 32 years as a Kentucky Basketball fan. It’s probably a good indicator that I care way too much about this. I’ve been obsessing and refreshing social media since Thursday night, hoping for optimism. If the university and administration care this little about the status of Kentucky Basketball, then why should I care so much? I’ve gotta learn to take a step back and treat UK sports like the other teams I root for. Catch a game if I have time, but not really letting the result alter my day or mood. This is too trivial to be this passionate about anymore.

1. Don’t go to games
2. Let the sponsers know is all you csn do Some if tbe sponsers are harder to impact
3. Don’t buy UK merchandise

Nike
JMI
Central Bank
Wlex media
Hyper ice
Uk credit union

This is the low point in my 32 years as a Kentucky Basketball fan. It’s probably a good indicator that I care way too much about this. I’ve been obsessing and refreshing social media since Thursday night, hoping for optimism. If the university and administration care this little about the status of Kentucky Basketball, then why should I care so much? I’ve gotta learn to take a step back and treat UK sports like the other teams I root for. Catch a game if I have time, but not really letting the result alter my day or mood. This is too trivial to be this passionate about anymore.

Sadly I guess you’re right. UK basketball has been a staple in my life for so long, it’s hard to let go. I even went to college at UK 100% because I grew up with UK basketball fan and dreamed of going to every game. And when I was in college, I pretty much did.

But it isn’t what I remember it for and likely won’t be again for a long time, if ever. I was hanging by a thread before Mitch kept Cal but I kept thinking firing as he obviously deserved him would renew my optimism. As it turns out, keeping him dumped a bucket of water on what little spark I had left.

That’s my long winded version of saying you’re right, maybe the good ole days of UK basketball being a can’t miss item in my life and many others are gone. It feels like a fight we can’t win now since the decision makers don’t care either.

As many have said, the only way is to hit them in the pocket book. So many have already committed large sums of money for parking and tickets and whatnot. I get not wanting to waste money you've already spent, I really do. Stop contributing to NIL, stops buying tickets, stop buying swag. Just stop and this problem will get resolved. Or don't and just enjoy your mediocre basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT