ADVERTISEMENT

After a night of sleep, some thought and research, and

BlueWorldOrder74

All-American
Oct 9, 2015
Lexington
Listening to Mitch, I want to discuss my crazy initial reaction last night and where I am now….

I’m actually getting pretty excited about this new adventure we are embarking on, AS A FAMILY. And Mark is part of the family.

Mark is as passionate as we are about Kentucky Basketball.

Mark can coach. Great basketball brain, great offensive coach, smart as a whip.

Mark is smart enough and has the personality to build not only a competent staff, but one that will no doubt be miles better than Cals last few. And, on top of that, one that may actually include more of the Kentucky family.

Mark will have the NIL money to go after top recruits. Donors back on board is such a huge deal that I can’t even stress enough how important it is.

It will be about the name on the front of the Jersey, and that’s what we long for.

Mark is a tireless worker.

Mark will no doubt bring back some of our favorite players from the most amazing era of our history. We will have our favorite players in the building often.

Let’s ****ing go and let’s do this!

Apologies for my hot takes last night, but at first sight, it was pretty jacked. We can only support our Big Blue Brother now. He has my full support and I’m getting pumped.

Listening to Mitch, I want to discuss my crazy initial reaction last night and where I am now….

I’m actually getting pretty excited about this new adventure we are embarking on, AS A FAMILY. And Mark is part of the family.

Mark is smart enough and has the personality to build not only a competent staff, but one that will no doubt be miles better than Cals last few. And, on top of that, one that may actually include more of the Kentucky family.

Mark will have the NIL money to go after top recruits. Donors back on board is such a huge deal that I can’t even stress enough how important it is.

It will be about the name on the front of the Jersey, and that’s what we long for.

Mark will no doubt bring back some of our favorite players from the most amazing era of our history. We will have our favorite players in the building often.

Apologies for my hot takes last night, but at first sight, it was pretty jacked. We can only support our Big Blue Brother now. He has my full support and I’m getting pumped.
Great post. Love the positivity. I'm with you, BWO.

Right on brother, i was the same way at first with the huh reaction. Then I thought i always wanted a Kentucky player as coach. This could be one of the best hires in basketball. Mark is young and competitive.No place in the world like home and Rupp is an awesome place to collect records. Im sure Pope will be after all the records.

People will talk themselves into anything when faced with no reasonable recourse.
I'm trying to start coming around myself, but I admit these are the circumstances under which I'm doing it. It helped me a lot listening to Pitino say on Twitter it took Jay Wright 11 years to win his first NCAA tournament game and Billy Donovan had never won one when Florida hired him. I still say F*** *** to everyone who will tell you you're not a real fan because you have these concerns. You're not a real sheep, is what you're not, and what's wrong with that. You wouldn't be having these frustrations if you weren't a real fan.

Reactions: Texcat59
While the hire may not be ‘sexy’ after some research the offense sure is. A truly innovative offense that will make our program look hot to the best shooters and players.

In a couple years, hell maybe by the end of next year we’ll laugh at ourselves for ever doubting.

Excellent post. I agree with every word. We were all mad at Mitch last night because this caught us by surprise and smelled like a panic hire. After a night's sleep I get it. Pope won't be going rogue on us, he'll win games, learn, and get better. And he bleeds Wildcat blue. I'm on board. Next year was a throwaway with Cal, so let's see what Pope can do.

Excellent post. I agree with every word. We were all mad at Mitch last night because this caught us by surprise and smelled like a panic hire. After a night's sleep I get it. Pope won't be going rogue on us, he'll win games, learn, and get better. And he bleeds Wildcat blue. I'm on board. Next year was a throwaway with Cal, so let's see what Pope can do.
Hell yes man.

Pope has a better record than Hurley did at Rhode Island before UConn hired him...

I'm sure most of here would have been mad if he had hired Hurley from Rhode Island...

During his time at Rhode Island, Hurley finished with a 113-82 (.579) record, though he posted a 91-43 (.679) mark in his final four seasons there.

Great post. I'm with you.

LFG!!!

Reactions: KFuqua and catzcan
People will talk themselves into anything when faced with no reasonable recourse.
And people will also refuse to listen to reason when they already have their minds made up. Being negative isn't going to help anything at this point. You're not going to change Mitch's mind and Pope is going to be here at least 3 years. You might as well show support, just stop posting or go be a fan of another team.

My feelings exactly

And people will also refuse to listen to reason when they already have their minds made up. Being negative isn't going to help anything at this point. You're not going to change Mitch's mind and Pope is going to be here at least 3 years. You might as well show support, just stop posting or go be a fan of another team.
You definitely sound like you’re on the side of reason and rationality here. Great stuff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT