ADVERTISEMENT

Our new field

This is why I will require a class in all Kentucky high schools pertaining to thoroughbred horse racing when I become Governor.

The checkerboard pattern is Secretariat's. Best damn racehorse in the modern era. Lots of states try to claim him, but Kentucky has done the best job due to implementation of his colors.
---
Did Secretariat play running back or quarterback? Oh, yeah, he was a horse....What the hoot does that have to do with football? Does Keeneland have a Sonny Collins or Babe Parilli statue at their place? This horse obsession is just odd and of no relevance at all to football.

Spica Orbit

Reactions: Vic Von Erich
Honestly, the only thing I'd change would be the midfield logo. Maybe put the UKs offset from the SEC logos and put the state of Kentucky at midfield instead.

I think it will look nice.
That's the worst idea since showing up to a party with a boner in sweatpants.

The logo is too small.

But that's a tiny quibble. They can make it the size of a nickel for all I care, because the endzones are perfect.
If that's the logo they're going with, it's not small enough if you ask me. I love the rest of the field but that K in the interlocking UK is beyond hideous. I know many love the power K and I do as well but I also love the interlocking UK and this change even though subtle is terrible. It doesn't even look like a K.

That's the worst idea since showing up to a party with a boner in sweatpants.
3ef04f276dab6e104f155808ce0ca8a1-mr-rogers-gives-the-middle-finger.gif

The problem with the midfield LOGO is there isn't enough white in the boarder to bring out the blue. It makes the thing look sort of wimpy and unimportant. White would bring it out and make it look great and I don't think it needs to be enlarged.

Look at the one on the hardwood by comparison:

images

Joined in 06 and the one post you have is on this thread about UK. That's awesome. Lol
No I'm a member of VolQuest and post here some but I've been blacklisted a couple of times and I guess my post count got recycled with the rivals upgrade.

The interlocking uk is recognizable nationally and a little internationally.

I had a power k on the back of my car for a while and when I would go home for summer no one knew what it was for. The interlocking logo however is very noticeable in big ten country.

I don't mind the changes to the interlocking uk. From the previous more vertical version to the slight change in the k.

I think we can all agree on how sweet the blue end zones will be.

IMO the wildcat needs to be redesigned as well. The one with just the head is popular now as well as the old school jumping wildcat.

Hate the checkerboard pattern... It looks like our basketball uniforms from about 6 or 7 years ago. Also wish the mid field logo was larger. But I like the fact that the end zones are blue and I also like the alternating shades of green.

This is why I will require a class in all Kentucky high schools pertaining to thoroughbred horse racing when I become Governor.

The checkerboard pattern is Secretariat's. Best damn racehorse in the modern era. Lots of states try to claim him, but Kentucky has done the best job due to implementation of his colors.
Actually Secretariats silks were blue and white, not the two toned blue UK is using in its design.

I agree the logo could be jazzed up a bit, but please, keep a logo that is directly connected to the school and not something like an outline of the state of KY.

Reactions: Beavis606
They copied the checkerboard from UK, their infamous "fight song" was made famous by a Kentucky bluegrass band (Osborne Brothers).

First of all, screw EwwTee.

Second, I like this version better anyway:

Lexington will always be home sweet home to me.
Good ol' Lexington WOOOOO
Lexington, Kentucky!

Agree on his ability. But his racing colors had blue & white checks, not blue on blue.
Indeed. However, it works out well seeing as how Stoll Field used to have a checkered pattern as well. Checkered is just the general theme.

As far as the hoopla over a horse goes- you clearly have no idea that a lot of things in and around Lexington are named after or pertain to aspects of the horse industry (seeing as how Kentucky is the horse capital of the world and UK is, by nature, the state's university- the relationship makes sense). Man O War Blvd, the horse sculptures, Keeneland, the Horse Park, etc. Horses are intrinsic to our culture and our state. Representing horses and certain aspects in our sports gives us unifying themes to our athletics programs even for those who never attended UK. If you don't understand that concept, then don't shit on it just because someone else does.

Thanks.

Also, PowellVols, welcome back to the UK board. Hope you treat it well and vice versa. We're sometimes tame.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Secretariat was a Vrginia bred horse...entire Nike design/branding concept should be reevaluated.

My guess is Nike save the "K" brand solely for rat face.

Indeed. However, it works out well seeing as how Stoll Field used to have a checkered pattern as well. Checkered is just the general theme.

As far as the hoopla over a horse goes- you clearly have no idea that a lot of things in and around Lexington are named after or pertain to aspects of the horse industry (seeing as how Kentucky is the horse capital of the world and UK is, by nature, the state's university- the relationship makes sense). Man O War Blvd, the horse sculptures, Keeneland, the Horse Park, etc. Horses are intrinsic to our culture and our state. Representing horses and certain aspects in our sports gives us unifying themes to our athletics programs even for those who never attended UK. If you don't understand that concept, then don't shit on it just because someone else does.

Thanks.
You tell me I don't know a damn thing about Lexington culture - which is wrong - & then have the nerve to write "Thanks"? WTF?

You tell me I don't know a damn thing about Lexington culture - which is wrong - & then have the nerve to write "Thanks"? WTF?

That part wasn't directed at you, Bud. The three segments are replies to three different posters. Should've made that more clear. The first segment is yours. About checkered being a Stoll Field thing. Sorry about any confusion.

Well then, I hope you do not become Governor. Guess you forgot we had checkerboard's on our fields in the 1930's. Secretariat was born in 1970. Know your history.

First of all, screw EwwTee.

Second, I like this version better anyway:

Lexington will always be home sweet home to me.
Good ol' Lexington WOOOOO
Lexington, Kentucky!
I was walking atop the AT years ago and came upon that spot "Rocky Top"
So I did the right thing. Dropped my pack and took a whizz right there on sacred ground....
Oh! What a relief it was!

I was really hoping for a really bad a$$ looking wildcat at midfield. I really like the way LSU and the UF logos look at midfield.

Reactions: JPFisher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT