ADVERTISEMENT

Our new field

JPFisher

Senior
Jul 24, 2013
WKY
Behold. Could not to find this on UK Athletics site. Cred goes to Jen Smith for the article that had this image in it.
CWSfielddesign.jpg

Reactions: zeerack and omnivos
Honestly, the only thing I'd change would be the midfield logo. Maybe put the UKs offset from the SEC logos and put the state of Kentucky at midfield instead.

I think it will look nice.

I like the look. People are going to hate it because of the checkerboard and they are going to say we copied UT.

I don't care for the mid-field logo, either in size or look. Wish it was the original Nike UK logo and larger. Other teams have large mid-field logos, but UK's logo is always small.

We can put the new crappy UK logos across from the SEC logos and have a decent looking midfield like the Commonwealth of Kentucky or a wildcat. Happy that we get a new look, but it falls so short in that one big area. The new UK logo is a joke, and I stand by that. Hell, none of the UK logos from 97 onward look good. They're generic and.... Whoa... Gotta stop myself.

Reactions: LordEgg
Can somebody please explain the obsession with the checkerboard crap? What can't the end zones just be blue? Does the Logo have checkerboard too?

I would be willing to bet that the UK is not up-to-scale and that it will be bigger on the real deal. Or at least I hope. Love the end zones and the sidlines.

Also, the multi-shade turf will look so cool. Can't wait to see it in person.

The logo is too small.

But that's a tiny quibble. They can make it the size of a nickel for all I care, because the endzones are perfect.

Reactions: 1daysoon
I like it. The biggest complaint on these boards - blue end zones - was addressed in this design.

Reactions: JPFisher
Can somebody please explain the obsession with the checkerboard crap? What can't the end zones just be blue? Does the Logo have checkerboard too?

This is why I will require a class in all Kentucky high schools pertaining to thoroughbred horse racing when I become Governor.

The checkerboard pattern is Secretariat's. Best damn racehorse in the modern era. Lots of states try to claim him, but Kentucky has done the best job due to implementation of his colors.

Reactions: BlueRupp
the blue looks kind of dark

I like it. UK used to be a darker blue almost like Duke (a few shades lighter). Recently, we've gone to a more royal blue which is less pleasing to the eye on TV. Think 2012 UL basketball neon orange but not as bad.

This field will be a nice upgrade over what we've had.

Also the checkerboard end zone is a throwback to Stoll Field, if I am not mistaken?

I like the design. Loved the idea of a big state of KY at midfield, or even block K somewhere on the field. The giant wildcat was good too. But they didn't eff this up, and I appreciate that.

Looks awesome! I Like the checkered pattern and the logo is the perfect size when you consider it's 28-29 feet wide. Our new stadium, field and improved team says "forget the past".

Our future recruits are 13-14 years old and all that matters is how they perceive us the next 4 years.

I would also like to add that the small midfield logo may mean that, that section of the turf is replaceable...which would mean some interesting things are afoot....

Field looks great! But that logo...just, damn man. Could they have done any worse? They didn't do anything but change the K into a weird-looking H. Guess we are the University of Hentucky now.

Seriously, you would think they would at least consult the fans/players/coaches on a new logo. The reaction has been overwhelmingly negative it seems, so why not just scrap it and stick with the original Nike UK or go with the Power K (which the players seem to want)? UK Athletic Dept. really pulls some head-scratchers in all aspects.

EDIT: Just read in the UK Athletics article below that they asked all those new parties mentioned above about a new logo when they were designing it. I call BS on that one. I haven't seen a soul who likes it so far.

Jen Smith released the first pic that I saw, so I went with it after searching the UK site for a few minutes.

This is why I will require a class in all Kentucky high schools pertaining to thoroughbred horse racing when I become Governor.

The checkerboard pattern is Secretariat's. Best damn racehorse in the modern era. Lots of states try to claim him, but Kentucky has done the best job due to implementation of his colors.

You got my vote. I like the checker pattern personally. It looks much better adding some texture to the field instead of just having a solid color. I like the overall design. I'm not as concerned with the logo as some others are which seems to be the biggest complaint. Overall this looks like it is going to be impressive when completed.

What's wrong with the logo? It says UK. And I SERIOUSLY doubt the players want the boring, ugly Power K, which they know nothing about. Let's leave our awesome football history in the past.

The only logo I like from the old days is the vintage wildcat you can find on some vintage T's

Reactions: Boyz_N_Blue
The new UK is not aesthetically pleasing, has no meaning behind it, no emotion...

The only reason we have a horrific, generic, crap logo with minimal thought put into it is because of how enormous our fan support is. We would buy litter boxes with that crap logo (pun intended) on it just because we can and because it pertains to UK. Why would Nike (or UK, for that matter) put any sort of effort into the logo if the one we have now is selling like paraphanalia at Woodstock?

I'm not personally a fan of the Power K. Looks generic to me. We need a logo to be proud of. The Commonwealth, a badass Wildcat, or something out of the box and innovative.

Like I've said before, we're sculpting the future of college basketball and we're building a foundation for a pretty good football program within the SEC. Least we can do is get creative.

Off topic. Rant over. Sorry. Ignore that. New field.

Yay.

I like the look. People are going to hate it because of the checkerboard and they are going to say we copied UT.

I don't care for the mid-field logo, either in size or look. Wish it was the original Nike UK logo and larger. Other teams have large mid-field logos, but UK's logo is always small.
I like the end zones and everything ,but I do agree that the mid field needs to be larger or come up with some kind of big huge cats Paw and put the UK in the middle of it or some kind of version of a wildcat that would be silver...

The blue on blue EZ > blue on white EZ
And I wuz hoping for CM Newton Field in script somewhere........

I don't love the new logo, but it'll do. My only beef with the logo is that it's too small in the midfield. They need to blow it up a little. As far as the endzones go, I absolutely love it. Perfection yo. Same for the sidelines. I can't wait until the first game!

Field looks great! But that logo...just, damn man. Could they have done any worse? They didn't do anything but change the K into a weird-looking H. Guess we are the University of Hentucky now.

Seriously, you would think they would at least consult the fans/players/coaches on a new logo. The reaction has been overwhelmingly negative it seems, so why not just scrap it and stick with the original Nike UK or go with the Power K (which the players seem to want)? UK Athletic Dept. really pulls some head-scratchers in all aspects.

EDIT: Just read in the UK Athletics article below that they asked all those new parties mentioned above about a new logo when they were designing it. I call BS on that one. I haven't seen a soul who likes it so far.
But have you seen every soul that likes it?

The mid field logo looks to be about the same size as it has been for the past several seasons going from 45 to 45. I would like to see the logo UK used in the Ohio game when Brooks was here as the mid field logo and the UK opposite the SEC logo.

Wasn't Secretariat from Virginia?

Wasn't Secretariat from Virginia?

He was indeed. Posted a new record track time at Churchill Downs. Virginia doesn't do ish to claim him and they shouldn't. Secretariat's major accomplishments happened in Kentucky or centralized around this area. He is currently in Paris, and was buried whole after living here for much of his life. The horse is even in the Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame. That's dedication.

People getting their panties in a wad over a graphic. Let's see how the actual field looks. I mean I don't like those dotted lines around the outside of the field either. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT