ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shooting in Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental illness, encouraged by today's society, is the reason. Properly parent your children, stop confusing them at a very young age and so on. Accepting reality would be a good first step but our society has chosen to support and encourage mental illness.

I'm completely open to common sense regulation that we know will reduce things like what happened Monday. I've not seen any fact based evidence to suggest banning AR15s will do that.

As for politics, I don't support any party. I used to be on the GOP wagon, but started wavering during the Obama years and then ditched that mess when they elected Trump.

Interpreting "the right of the people will not be infringed" to mean people's right will not be infringed isn't radical.
And it won't help as long as these weapons are easily available in the black market. That's where paying people to turn them in could help a lot. Cash talks loudly.

Trans kids are at the highest risk for suicide, are you truly willing to wait for 10 more years of high suicide rates until we are allowed to find a definitive cause?
Do you think a definitive cause could possibly be the barrage of adults telling these kids that their typical teen anxieties might be instead that they were born in the wrong body?

Also, what’s the suicide rates for trans adults? Far, far higher than non-trans. Do you have research showing, conclusively, that the “care” you endorse will lower those rates?

Reactions: 80 Proof
You would just come up with some dumb reason to not believe it so no I will not. If you don’t think that there are any examples of trans kids committing suicide then you are just plain dumb and not observant in the slightest. Look up a news story or read a report.
All you have to do is give me a number. I’ll take you for your word.

Have there been 100 trans children suicides? 500? 1000? Or possibly less.

Just give me a total since you have it at your fingertips.

Now we're expected to believe that kids taking hormone blockers to intentionally alter those developing minds is a good thing. There is no logic in that.
Technically, you are supposed to believe that anyone who professes to be a different gender actually *IS* that gender and if you don't act according to this new belief that you are now required to have, a child will kill him- or her-self (and you are the unreasonable bigot).

Reactions: 80 Proof
Because you ****ers keep coming after the kids and want everyone to accept, praise, acknowledge and be an ally of your delusion. You couldn't just be you. You had to recruit.

What led to her grooming...err... radical extremist views and actions?
Go back to the political thread, troll. Thanks a bunch.

I was opposed to teachers carrying firearms for a long time. Now I can’t imagine being a teacher and not carrying a firearm. It’s a shitty solution but these are shitty problems and shitty times.
Don't mean to crap on the idea but put a teacher in a real life situation and what happens? I hope the teacher takes the gunman out, but more than likely, they'd feel a need to protect their own students. That means not leaving them alone in the classroom, but if they did, they'd have to go down long hallways and check a bunch of rooms to actually find the gunman. There's no video game style map in front of us telling us exactly where the shooter is. The sounds of gunfire will echo and bounce off walls throughout the building. During the Vegas shooting, witnesses pointed out several places they thought the bullets had come from. Maybe it'd be easier than how I'm laying it out. I hope anyway.

We expect teachers to be caring to kids while also putting up with their bs along with their parents' bs. We're also now expecting some of them to play Dirty Harry too. Plus not knowing the situation, how many guns the intruder has, if it's a lone gunman or more than one. Not saying it's impossible, but the scenario is way easier said than done. I'm for it if a teacher is actually willing to put himself/herself in that situation. Texas unfortunately proved however, that in rare cases, we can't even count on cops to do their job.

Sometimes I don't get the overall vibe of the paddock. Teachers were bashed repeatedly after Beshear won and during COVID. Now we're ready for them to be RoboTeacherCop.

Don't mean to crap on the idea but put a teacher in a real life situation and what happens?
I've always heard, "Those that can, do. Those that can't teach"

I still think most of them are smart enough to determine if they want to go through a process that would allow them to protect themselves. The threat of it alone would help deter these heinous acts. Coyotes don't attack the sheep herds with guard dogs.

Reactions: chroix
Sometimes I don't get the overall vibe of the paddock. Teachers were bashed repeatedly after Beshear won and during COVID. Now we're ready for them to be RoboTeacherCop.
I actually have a ton of respect for teachers.

However, I have zero respect for teachers unions. Or any public employee union for that matter (looking at you FOP)

Considering the numbers for detransitioning are low and trans suicide rates are high, you already know my answer.
Could it be that trans were told by a Dr that transitioning would cure their depression? Only to realize it didn’t, abd now they’ve rhetorically emasculated themselves or physically, and then they’re really depressed and death seems the only way out?
That seems a lot more plausible than thinking not getting hormone treatment or puberty blockers is tge cause.

The bottom line is they have a mental Illness, and instead of treating the left is enabling, that never works, whether it’s alcoholism or depression.

Reactions: IdaCat and 80 Proof
No way drug dealers, thugs, and rednecks are willfully turning in their ARs.

This is a major reason I don't believe it will work.
Criminals obviously won't comply but it couldn't hurt and it helped in the late 90's and early 00's. There should be a way to get close to the number of sales since 2005 in order to gauge the effect as well. The status quo is politically cowardly, stoopid and incompetent.

Don't mean to crap on the idea but put a teacher in a real life situation and what happens? I hope the teacher takes the gunman out, but more than likely, they'd feel a need to protect their own students. That means not leaving them alone in the classroom, but if they did, they'd have to go down long hallways and check a bunch of rooms to actually find the gunman. There's no video game style map in front of us telling us exactly where the shooter is. The sounds of gunfire will echo and bounce off walls throughout the building. During the Vegas shooting, witnesses pointed out several places they thought the bullets had come from. Maybe it'd be easier than how I'm laying it out. I hope anyway.

We expect teachers to be caring to kids while also putting up with their bs along with their parents' bs. We're also now expecting some of them to play Dirty Harry too. Plus not knowing the situation, how many guns the intruder has, if it's a lone gunman or more than one. Not saying it's impossible, but the scenario is way easier said than done. I'm for it if a teacher is actually willing to put himself/herself in that situation. Texas unfortunately proved however, that in rare cases, we can't even count on cops to do their job.

I get it. Like I said, shitty solution to a shitty problem. The flip side of the coin is expecting them to sit their waiting to die should a shooting event occur.

Criminals obviously won't comply but it couldn't hurt and it helped in the late 90's and early 00's. There should be a way to get close to the number of sales since 2005 in order to gauge the effect as well. The status quo is politically cowardly, stoopid and incompetent.
This is the disconnect. Creating a scenario where only criminals own the most powerful weapons would make overall crime rates go up. That is what is occurring in Mexico.

Reactions: berniecarbo
All you have to do is give me a number. I’ll take you for your word.

Have there been 100 trans children suicides? 500? 1000? Or possibly less.

Just give me a total since you have it at your fingertips.
You also have it your fingertips. You can look it up if you want to know so bad.

I get it. Like I said, shitty solution to a shitty problem. The flip side of the coin is expecting them to sit their waiting to die should a shooting event occur.
I only support arming teachers if the individual teacher voluntarily opts into a certification program (supervised by law enforcement) that provides proper training in skills like use of firearms, how to properly respond to different situations, how to maintain security of the firearm in the event of non-lethal physical altercation, etc. Most teachers likely wouldn't qualify or wouldn't want to try, but just a handful of trained teachers (and the mere threat of them) could make a huge difference whenever this inevitably happens again.

They should also get additional pay for the responsibility, too.

Do you think a definitive cause could possibly be the barrage of adults telling these kids that their typical teen anxieties might be instead that they were born in the wrong body?

Also, what’s the suicide rates for trans adults? Far, far higher than non-trans. Do you have research showing, conclusively, that the “care” you endorse will lower those rates?

I only support arming teachers if the individual teacher voluntarily opts into a certification program (supervised by law enforcement) that provides proper training in skills like use of firearms, how to properly respond to different situations, how to maintain security of the firearm in the event of non-lethal physical altercation, etc. Most teachers likely wouldn't qualify or wouldn't want to try, but just a handful of trained teachers (and the mere threat of them) could make a huge difference whenever this inevitably happens again.

They should also get additional pay for the responsibility, too.

Makes sense and I agree. Most of the teachers I had as a kid would not be very capable of much in a shooting situation.

They only care about mental health the week after a mass shooting bad enough to hit the news happens. Once the week is over, republicans are back attempting to restrict healthcare.
Dude... Nightwish has been crying that we are upset about the trans push. That is clear mental illness and we all have to pretend it's totally normal. We wouldn't let a kid cut off an arm because it "didn't feel like my arm" but we'll cut his penis off and call him Shirley and then we wonder why kids are F'd up. I know Nightwish wants to dance in provactive clothes in front of children but it's probably not great for a child's mental health.

Reactions: IdaCat
If a child comes to their parents and says that they are trans and those parents take them to a medical professional that puts them on hormone blockers tell help treat gender dysphoria,,,
If a child comes to their parents and says they are trans then you sit down with the child and talk about why they think that. Then you take them out of the lunatic groomer school they are attending, put them around normal children in a normal school where they don't have men dressed up as women reading to the children and libraries full of homosexual acts, and let them get outside and play instead of being indoctrinated, then you don't have to worry about this crazy bullshit anymore.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
If a child comes to their parents and says they are trans then you sit down with the child and talk about why they think that. Then you take them out of the lunatic groomer school they are attending, put them around normal children in a normal school where they don't have men dressed up as women reading to the children and libraries full of homosexual acts, and let them get outside and play instead of being indoctrinated, then you don't have to worry about this crazy bullshit anymore.
You sound like someone who at one point supported conversion therapy. Just dismiss everything you don’t like or understand as crazy bullshit to make your life easier.

Any time you stray away from science you are setting yourself up for failure.

If you believe you are a boy but you are a girl then instead of enabling that you need to treat it for what is obviously is... a mental illness not a brave decision.

All over the place with both the extreme right and extreme left they are carving out little political reasons for avoiding science in favor of political correctness.

The penis and vagina are for perpetuation of the species. The ass currently doesn't work in that scenario. Unless turds start popping out and paying taxes, stop acting like that crap is normal because it isn't, either.

You sound like someone who at one point supported conversion therapy. Just dismiss everything you don’t like or understand as crazy bullshit to make your life easier.
If you had it your way what would be the age limit to have any conversion therapy? When do you think a child is old enough to make a decision that will impact them for the rest of their lives?

You also have it your fingertips. You can look it up if you want to know so bad.
Well, I looked up a few things including the Trevor Project, one of the leading LGBT places, and they did not list a specific number. That leads me to believe that it must be very low.

Once a person reaches 18 then cut, splice, hump tractor radiators, go at it 5 at a time... but leave children TF alone. Not sure why lunatics can't grasp that simple concept or feel compelled to spread their perversions into schools.

But when you entertain sickness then it doesn't just stand there and be obedient, it spreads. And gays didn't waste a second in targeting children as their primary mission.

That's what people need to learn. Good intentions are what destroys everything. We were told poor oppressed gay people just wanted to get married and have the same rights as everyone else, then when we accommodated them they went right for our kids. That's the lesson here.

If you had it your way what would be the age limit to have any conversion therapy? When do you think a child is old enough to make a decision that will impact them for the rest of their lives?
Conversion therapy isn’t about trans kids. It’s about trying to convert homosexuals into being straight. You are dense.

Conversion therapy isn’t about trans kids. It’s about trying to convert homosexuals into being straight. You are dense.
How old do you think the kid needs to be before they could make a decision on turning trans and getting hormone therapy or whatever the hell you want to call it? What the age you believe they can make that decision?

Well, I looked up a few things including the Trevor Project, one of the leading LGBT places, and they did not list a specific number. That leads me to believe that it must be very low.
But that belief isn’t based on anything other than your preconceived idea that it’s low. Even if it doesn’t give a specific number, you can still go off data of how much more likely trans kids are to think of or attempt suicide to try to estimate a specific number.

But that belief isn’t based on anything other than your preconceived idea that it’s low. Even if it doesn’t give a specific number, you can still go off data of how much more likely trans kids are to think of or attempt suicide to try to estimate a specific number.
Studies indicate that most people that claim to be transgendered have suffered some form of trauma, typically sexual abuse, earlier in their life.

It is a fact that people suffering from ptsd are more likely to commit suicide. It is also a fact that ptsd affects your decision making ability.

How old do you think the kid needs to be before they could make a decision on turning trans and getting hormone therapy or whatever the hell you want to call it? What the age you believe they can make that decision?
Just going off of statistics, most of this care is being provided to adults but when it is provided to minors, it almost always begins around 16-17 with parental consent and written advice from multiple mental health professionals. Under very special circumstances is there care provided to anyone younger than 16 but that requires even more doctoral research and medical advice. I know a lot of you all like to take things to the extreme and believe that there is this widespread attempt of parents, doctors, and the libs to put all of our children on the fast track to being trans but if you look up any reputable statistics, this is not happening anywhere close to as often as some of you think. And when it is, it is handled with much more medical supervision than you think.

Nah. If it was high the number would be a progressive talking point. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it.

Just going off of statistics, most of this care is being provided to adults but when it is provided to minors, it almost always begins around 16-17 with parental consent and written advice from multiple mental health professionals. Under very special circumstances is there care provided to anyone younger than 16 but that requires even more doctoral research and medical advice. I know a lot of you all like to take things to the extreme and believe that there is this widespread attempt of parents, doctors, and the libs to put all of our children on the fast track to being trans but if you look up any reputable statistics, this is not happening anywhere close to as often as some of you think. And when it is, it is handled with much more medical supervision than you think.
Do you have kids? Have You been around a 16 or 17 year old for very long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT