ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shooting in Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about your opinions. I do care about trans kids killing themselves cause ignorant assholes take away the care they need.
There is no long term study with a large amount of trans kids for you to point to because this is a relatively new phenomena. Come back in 10 years with some numbers. Otherwise you are just making shit up.

There is no long term study with a large amount of trans kids for you to point to because this is a relatively new phenomena. Come back in 10 years with some numbers. Otherwise you are just making shit up.
Trans kids are at the highest risk for suicide, are you truly willing to wait for 10 more years of high suicide rates until we are allowed to find a definitive cause?

Trans kids are at the highest risk for suicide, are you truly willing to wait for 10 more years of high suicide rates until we are allowed to find a definitive cause?
Mental illness, encouraged by today's society, is the reason. Properly parent your children, stop confusing them at a very young age and so on. Accepting reality would be a good first step but our society has chosen to support and encourage mental illness.

The entire gun control debate is useless because the impetus is to go the exact opposite way - less gun control. For example, it appears that the FL legislature is going to amend the concealed carry law to do away with permitting/training requirements. This is a trend, along with open carry laws.
Why stop with arming teachers? If some of those students had been carrying, I bet the shooter would have thought twice about going into that school.
The cause of reform is hurt not helped when an activist makes an idiotic suggestion.

- Charlie Munger

Simply not true. I’ve purchased several firearms at gun shows and the process is the same there as it is at retail stores. Must show ID and go through the background check.
The fact that you went through the process doesn't mean there weren't folks also there selling guns under "peer to per" sales laws. Maybe there weren't any at the show you went to, but the fact is peer to peer sales are legal in the US which mean any private citizen can sell as many guns as they want to another individual. That can be done in your living room or it can be in an open venue like a gun show and it frequently is. Like I said the laws in some states may vary in that regard.

BTW kudos to you for buying your gun from a reputable fire arms dealer and going through the process of BI.

Enough with the gun debate. Guns are a protected right. The issue here is mental illness. You've got people out there who are so messed up they can't figure out if theyre a guy or a girl, then you've got doctors out there pumping them full of hormones and lopping off their boobs and dicks, and a media that is complicit in pushing this bs narrative. These people need professional psychiatric help, not this bs line that their illness is normal and acceptable. You do them no favor by endulging their insanity.
And again, if none of this happened, would mass shootings go down? You repeatedly want to lay everything bad in society at the feet of the trans community, while the issue at hand is constant mass shooting incidents and school shootings occurring every few months. Just saying again and again that trans people are insane won't help lower the anger in the country and it won't help lower the amount of mass shootings that we know happen. Now if your goal is to just say that you believe all trans individuals are mentally ill (that's an opinion), then you've made your point a couple times today already.

69253293-11915513-image-a-2_1680102885438.jpg

69253229-11915513-image-a-18_1680105087908.jpg

These people are not jobs. They're telling you exactly who they are. Believe them. Quit coddling and enabling this mental illness. These people need professional psychiatric help. They are disturbed.

The liberal media is 100% complicit in enabling this madness.

Can you link a specific number of trans kid suicides?

Not that it would change your opinion on anything but you could always google trans youth suicides and find a lot more data if you want to do your own research

• Haha
Reactions: UK_Dallas
These people are not jobs. They're telling you exactly who they are. Believe them. Quit coddling and enabling this mental illness. These people need professional psychiatric help. They are disturbed.

Yeah, maybe take the large photos and the LIBERAL MEDIA DURR DURRR stuff to the political thread where you'll get 7 likes from people who were once upset that station logos at the corners of the tv screen were rainbow colored for a month. We get it, some of you hate the LGBTQ community. You guys have called them insane and pedos for the last couple years. We. Get. It.

Again, you're just saying the same shit over and over and bringing nothing to the conversation.

You are correct. People aren’t jobs, finally we can agree.

Not that it would change your opinion on anything but you could always google trans youth suicides and find a lot more data if you want to do your own research
Even if it is true that transpeople will kill themselves unless the rest of society calls them by their preferred pronouns, etc (and I'm skeptical that it is), a group of people demanding that the rest of society participate in their own delusion or they will kill themselves is some next level emotional blackmail and not the basis of a civil society.

Please cite a reputable source, this is straight nonsense. The first thing on their site says “no child is born in the wrong body.” That screams objective to me.
They are debunking one of the main sources you crazies use. I understand why you don't like it.

This is terrorism. The victimizers claiming victimhood. And, you wonder why impressionable unstable children think the world is out to get them. Nut jobs like described in your links.

This is terrorism. The victimizers claiming victimhood. And, you wonder why impressionable unstable children think the world is out to get them. Nut jobs like described in your links.
It's domestic terrorism plain and simple. These people are disgusting. Shooting innocent children in a church. I have zero empathy for this trash.

They are debunking one of the main sources you crazies use. I understand why you don't like it.
Because it’s simply not an objective source. Just because you like what they say, that doesn’t mean that they are reputable. Why bother asking me to provide you with data when you’re just going to completely denounce it? You’re just wasting my time and yours.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
I don’t think you do.
That CB3UK keeps saying trans people are insane? Yes, I can read. Thanks. It's the same stuff I've seen in the thread above for a couple years. It's the same thing I've seen on the paddock for a couple years. I've read the word "pedo" from the same 15 people so many times, I assume it's their favorite topic of conversation.

BTW, what happened to talking about this shooting or mass shootings in general? I see we're at the point in the thread where it's cool to hate talk the trans community as a whole, to call them mentally ill, terrorists, deranged, sick, evil. Put that shit in the political thread where it's not only accepted, but encouraged.

Reactions: MatteoV25
I was opposed to teachers carrying firearms for a long time. Now I can’t imagine being a teacher and not carrying a firearm. It’s a shitty solution but these are shitty problems and shitty times.

Because it’s simply not an objective source. Just because you like what they say, that doesn’t mean that they are reputable. Why bother asking me to provide you with data when you’re just going to completely denounce it? You’re just wasting my time and yours.
I'm going to ask one question and then we can end this:

Which do you think is greater - the number of trans children that commit suicide or the number of children that thought they were trans but changed their mind and are happy they didn't have life altering gender care(or whatever you call it)?

I'm going to ask one question and then we can end this:

Which do you think is greater - the number of trans children that commit suicide or the number of children that thought they were trans but changed their mind and are happy they didn't have life altering gender care(or whatever you call it)?
Considering the numbers for detransitioning are low and trans suicide rates are high, you already know my answer.

Even if it is true that transpeople will kill themselves unless the rest of society calls them by their preferred pronouns, etc (and I'm skeptical that it is), a group of people demanding that the rest of society participate in their own delusion or they will kill themselves is some next level emotional blackmail and not the basis of a civil society.
This is the answer. Adults can do as they please. I'll be polite, but don't expect me to play along with the fantasy

For years we've prohibited children from smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol because those things can alter a still developing mind. Now we're expected to believe that kids taking hormone blockers to intentionally alter those developing minds is a good thing. There is no logic in that.

There is no correlation. That's what I'm pointing out. Assault weapons are such a small fraction of a percentage that banning them wouldn't have an affect on our homicide rate. According to the facts that you keep laughing off in a display of hubris, we have way more guns than any other nation, and one if the lowest homicide rates to go along with it.

'Assault weapons' just get a lot more media attention when they are used, which causes irrational fear.
But homicide rates are moving the goal post. My post and several others are pointing out the easy access to assault weapons by crazy people and then after another mass shooting, all the politicians wearing AR-15 pins who are paid by lobbyists to not care about the danger for children in schools and the general public in meeting places.

I read a post about banning these assault weapons and paying people to turn them in so they can be destroyed. I agree with this as a gun owner, and also your idea that a shotgun is the best defense for a home intruder. The only thing keeping us from completely agreeing is politics, homicide rates compared to Europe and a radical definition of a constitutional amendment.

Mental illness, encouraged by today's society, is the reason. Properly parent your children, stop confusing them at a very young age and so on. Accepting reality would be a good first step but our society has chosen to support and encourage mental illness.
This can't be stated enough.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Considering the numbers for detransitioning are low and trans suicide rates are high, you already know my answer.
Children. Not adults.

I’d guess the number of kids happy they didn’t go through gender affirming care is 1 millions X or more higher than trans child suicide.

And I don’t think you can disprove that because there are no trans child suicides that I’m aware of.

You wouldn't tell someone who is autistic or schizophrenic that they're OK and everything is fine. Why would you do any different with these lunatics. It's a mental disorder and the left are using children as pawns in their political game causing even more harm. Don't capitulate to their nonsense fantasy land. These people are sick, perverted lunatics. Lefties just want to use it as a Trojan horse to grab up guns and push their communist bullshit. **** them.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Children. Not adults.

I’d guess the number of kids happy they didn’t go through gender affirming care is 1 millions X or more higher than trans child suicide.

And I don’t think you can disprove that because there are no trans child suicides that I’m aware of.
And your GUESS is solely based on your preconceived bias on trans people. I just gave you data about trans youth suicide but I guess you don’t like to read

But homicide rates are moving the goal post. My post and several others are pointing out the easy access to assault weapons by crazy people and then after another mass shooting, all the politicians wearing AR-15 pins who are paid by lobbyists to not care about the danger for children in schools and the general public in meeting places.

I read a post about banning these assault weapons and paying people to turn them in so they can be destroyed. I agree with this as a gun owner, and also your idea that a shotgun is the best defense for a home intruder. The only thing keeping us from completely agreeing is politics, homicide rates compared to Europe and a radical definition of a constitutional amendment.
I'm completely open to common sense regulation that we know will reduce things like what happened Monday. I've not seen any fact based evidence to suggest banning AR15s will do that.

As for politics, I don't support any party. I used to be on the GOP wagon, but started wavering during the Obama years and then ditched that mess when they elected Trump.

Interpreting "the right of the people will not be infringed" to mean people's right will not be infringed isn't radical.

Reactions: jameslee32
And your GUESS is solely based on your preconceived bias on trans people. I just gave you data about trans youth suicide but I guess you don’t like to read
Give me some concrete examples of trans child suicides. You can’t. You are just making shit up.

The govt site you have to sign in to? Is that your proof? You’ll have to tell me what it said because I’m not signing in. Your other link was adults.

Give me some concrete examples of trans child suicides. You can’t. You are just making shit up.
You would just come up with some dumb reason to not believe it so no I will not. If you don’t think that there are any examples of trans kids committing suicide then you are just plain dumb and not observant in the slightest. Look up a news story or read a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT