ADVERTISEMENT

OT: “Hustle” on Netflix

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
This one will go down as a great basketball movie. The big budget to get actual players in the film and people behind the scenes who know basketball makes it feel very authentic, one of the most authentic sports movies I’ve seen. I think at this point I prefer Sandler in serious roles more than comedy.

Also very interesting, Anthony Edwards plays Kermit Wilts, the rival of the protagonist and projected #1 pick out of the University of Kentucky.

And our very own Tyrese Maxey has a small role. Check it out, basketball fans will not be disappointed.

This one will go down as a great basketball movie. The big budget to get actual players in the film and people behind the scenes who know basketball makes it feel very authentic, one of the most authentic sports movies I’ve seen. I think at this point I prefer Sandler in serious roles more than comedy.

Also very interesting, Anthony Edwards plays Kermit Wilts, the rival of the protagonist and projected #1 pick out of the University of Kentucky.

And our very own Tyrese Maxey has a small role. Check it out, basketball fans will not be disappointed.
Sandler is a very underrated actor and is apparently just a cool, normal guy. I know a few people who have met him and he is probably the most down to earth celebrity out there.

Catch me in my Mercedes bumpin ice ice baby screamin shady till I die - like a half a pair of dice life’s crazy.

live it to the fullest people. I don’t netflix unless it’s chill. Watch ur lady.

• Love
Reactions: BigKari and STL_Cat
Sandler needs to stay away from Happy Madison and maybe his movies will be good again.
Considering he owns Happy Madison and it prints money I doubt he will stay away from them.

Their movies have grossed $4.2 billion on a total budget of $1.8 billion. That does not take into account the estimated $700 million deals he has signed and re-signed with Netflix

Catch me in my Mercedes bumpin ice ice baby screamin shady till I die - like a half a pair of dice life’s crazy.

live it to the fullest people. I don’t netflix unless it’s chill. Watch ur lady.
I live it to the fullest till I’m Swayze.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gromcat

Thanks for letting me know it’s out. Not too much good stuff to watch after the 5-6 actual shows that are good outside old shows on there. I did love Sandler in Uncut Gems but I have enjoyed his comedy for years so I like the dumb stuff too, some of them. Is it is as good as He Got Game? That will be amazing cause that’s been my favorite ball movie forever. Nobody can touch that dude Denzel!

Its tired and played out. My life is just fine. Just tired of not being able to read a thread without reading about sharpe
Same way I feel about people like you covering CCC'S a🤑🤑...taking the coach over the program knowing "THE program" isn't first priority.

Thanks for letting me know it’s out. Not too much good stuff to watch after the 5-6 actual shows that are good outside old shows on there. I did love Sandler in Uncut Gems but I have enjoyed his comedy for years so I like the dumb stuff too, some of them. Is it is as good as He Got Game? That will be amazing cause that’s been my favorite ball movie forever.
Sandler had a great run as a comedic actor. Big Daddy and Mr. Deeds are some of my favorites and of course Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, and even Little Nicky are great slapstick comedies that I never get tired of. But like Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler had a specific shtick that started to wear thin. You can only play the same character so many times before the ideas start to run out.

It’s not on the level of He Got Game, that’s a very high bar though. I’d actually put it on level with Any Given Sunday and Blue Chips as far as realistic fictional sports movies go. I’d put all those movies a tier below He Got Game.

Last edited:
Sandler had a great run as a comedic actor. Big Daddy and Mr. Deeds are some of my favorites and of course Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, and even Little Nicky are great slapstick comedies that I never get tired of. But like Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler had a specific shtick that started to wear thin. You can only play the same character so many times before the ideas start to run out.

It’s not on the level of He Got Game, that’s a very high bar though. I’d actually put it on level with Any Given Sunday and Chips as far as realistic fictional sports movies go. I’d put all those movies a tier below He Got Game.
All right sounds good to me. Nobody tops Jesus Shuttlesworth.

Reactions: BigKari
Considering he owns Happy Madison and it prints money I doubt he will stay away from them.

Their movies have grossed $4.2 billion on a total budget of $1.8 billion. That does not take into account the estimated $700 million deals he has signed and re-signed with Netflix
I know his movies have been great on Netflix!

Reactions: sambowieshin
Same way I feel about people like you covering CCC'S a🤑🤑...taking the coach over the program knowing "THE program" isn't first priority.
This thread had nothing to do with cal or sharpe was my point. Yall need to get a life outside of obsessing over two people who literally have no clue you even exist and quit forcing them into every thread.

Reactions: BigKari
This thread had nothing to do with cal or sharpe was my point. Yall need to get a life outside of obsessing over two people who literally have no clue you even exist and quit forcing them into every thread.
The obsession is quite remarkable.

Does it star CCC as the victim starring SS as the Hustler?🤑🤑🥳🥸
Yes that is the only issue in college basketball, the entire movie is about UK, Cal and SS. Great lines in the movie! Like ",I haven't seen him" " You people are crazy" No, really you people are f**king crazy"

Surprised at Anthony Edwards' acting ability. He really had me hating his character.
636305562228113584-revenge-of-the-nerds-curtis.jpg

He must be really good to pull off being the top pick since he's about 60 now.

Really enjoyed the movie. There's a line in it that says the sixer fans are the greatest fans in the world and then Sandler says no actually they're the worst so that's what makes them the best. And I thought of you guys

Lol, me too because it is 100% true. BBN is the best because it is the worst...lol.

Reactions: YouKay

It’s not on the level of He Got Game, that’s a very high bar though. I’d actually put it on level with Any Given Sunday and Blue Chips as far as realistic fictional sports movies go. I’d put all those movies a tier below He Got Game.

Click is one of my favs of his. I think it is an underrated movie. It is funny, happy, sad... encompasses a lot of emotion and that is hard to do in a film.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT