ADVERTISEMENT

The Gray Man on Netflix

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Evidently, the most expensive production ever for Netflix. I think I've read all the books (Mark Greaney is the author) and really enjoyed them. The movie is very fast-paced and lots of action, i.e. hand-to-hand combat, explosions, etc. Sort of a cross between Mission Impossible, the best of Bond and Reacher. Well worth the time to watch. Chris Evans makes a really good psychotic bad guy after his too-good Captain America portrayal.

The books are very good so, if you like the movie, get started on them. I think there's maybe 8 books. All quick reads and well written.

Thought it was decent. Far from great.

Would be much better as a series with smaller names acting. No way Netflix can justify making more movies at $200 million a pop...unless the theater release makes a ton.

Netflix has gone to complete shit.

Imo it's still good but not what it was. It's an inevitability given the massive dilution of content due to everyone jumping headfirst into streaming.

Good news is the overall quantity of entertainment is probably slightly up while the cost of consuming it all is increased greatly since it's spread across multiple platforms.

Tldr we are basically back to cable again, instead it's streaming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT