ADVERTISEMENT

Once a Cat Always a Cat?

Random UK Fan

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2018
Does this same sentiment apply to last season’s kids that will now be donning a Razorback uni IYO?

B-bgMbxCIAAtL9c.jpg:large

No, and doesn’t apply to cal either. He should never get his name in the rafters. Rick has a loophole, as he went to the nba 1st.
No, Rick's a definite banner hanger because he completely rebuilt this program from the death penalty. Cal did no such thing, he just brought in a bunch of highly ranked recruiting classes and won a title because kids who normally would have left for the NBA, came back.

Once a cat always a cat don't work for me... There are some lines you just don't cross. If KW would have played the role of that eddie muster looking old man from oakland that drilled 10 3's on us would we still love WK. I say no..

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Case by case basis. I’d say yes for Wiltjer. He stayed a year longer than most of the favorite players under Cal. He knew he wasn’t playing over Randle in 2014 and he became an all-American at Zaga.

Shaedon Sharpe I wouldn’t piss on his head if his dreads were on fire.

I almost posted a thread yesterday about retiring this phrase or at least having a strict criteria for it. If a player leaves for anything aside from the NBA, other pro ball, or basketball entirely, I don’t
consider them wildcats.

Reactions: mailman85
No, and doesn’t apply to cal either. He should never get his name in the rafters. Rick has a loophole, as he went to the nba 1st.
Cal still deserves recognition for his title and 4 final fours, numerous Elite 8’s and like 90% of our NBA players. Just time for him to go. Just like Tubby he’s part of our history. Cal definitely wore on me and by the end I wasn’t a huge fan. Not a fan of how he left our roster with 0 players either but in the future that won’t matter as Pope crushes it hopefully!

Definitely not if they transfer to a team they know will play us at least twice in their future. But they committed to cal u, so it's at least understandable. Not excusable, but understandable.

Cal still deserves recognition for his title and 4 final fours, numerous Elite 8’s and like 90% of our NBA players. Just time for him to go. Just like Tubby he’s part of our history. Cal definitely wore on me and by the end I wasn’t a huge fan. Not a fan of how he left our roster with 0 players either but in the future that won’t matter as Pope crushes it hopefully!
Unfortunately cals 1st 5 seasons get cancelled out by his last 5, aka the worst stretch in program history. I’m sorry but the good will you get from a title gets cancelled out my a fn 9 win season.

Funk no. I hope they miss every shot and lose every game.
Ditto, ditto, and a million dittos. If you think bad coaching did in Cal these players were a part of it. I have no respect for any player who went to Hogville. By going there they are spitting on the BBN. Cal koolaid drinkers were never Cats if they blindly followed our previous coach. Maybe that is harsh but there is a price to pay when you cheat on your girl friend. That price is no more love. Boos for all of them the entire game win or lose.

Z no and Adou yes. I liked Adou while he was here and kinda hated seeing him follow Cal. I think he's the kind of kid that Cal holds back. Not some shining star that can hop out of the gym and tries every now and then. A little more timid seeming but still talented enough to be a really good player. I never really follow the transfers too much but it's gonna be impossible to miss it next season.

Depends on the nature of their time at UK and how they went about leaving the program. I won't wish ill will on any of them but certainly not going to wish them all the best nor cheering them on at Arkansas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Yes, but there are different levels of Catness.

Agree.

My levels are:

TopCat - 3/4-year player who was good/great and beloved/played on good teams; the OADs who contributed to FF or title teams

MidCat - 1 year mercenacries who were a part of some OK teams who went on to the NBA; multiple year guys who never really played or contributed

BarelyCat - Transfers

NeverCat - Guys who signed/committed who never made it to campus ... or a guy who made it to campus, accepted a scholly, wore the uniform, played 0 minutes and recorded the same career UK stats as my dog.

My personal view...

Attending UK: A Wildcat

Transferred to a lesser program(🃏): Former Wildcat

Graduated and doing their own thing in the world: A Wildcat

You only have your wildcat privileges revoked temporarily when you leave for another program unless you leave on bad terms and remain on bad terms.

Not sure why leaving to get paid at a college is much different than leaving to get paid in the pros, in this day and age. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Once a cat always a cat don't work for me... There are some lines you just don't cross. If KW would have played the role of that eddie muster looking old man from oakland that drilled 10 3's on us would we still love WK. I say no..
My problem with Tim Brady's college roommate is he had the audacity and lack of class to apologize for destroying us.

Screw that guy.

Don't agree with this at all. Pitino coached longer at our bitter rival than at UK, through up the finger to UK fans and is just scum. Not buying his recent remarks trying to get in our good graces. Not crazy about Cal either but not elevating Pitino above him.

Once a Cat, always a Cat… not necessarily. A lot of variables to be considered IMO. The requirements for players are somewhat different from coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT