ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart's future now linked to Pope

Blueworld_3.0

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2008
I will support Mark Pope as the head coach...if he truly is the pick. But, I do not think he is a wise choice. Personally, I don't think he is ready for the job. He needed another higher profile job before the UK position.
However, one thing is certain. Barnhart's future at UK is now totally linked to Pope's success or failure. Mark is a great guy and will always be a beloved Cat but, that isn't enough to make him a great coach at a historic flagship basketball school.
So, either Barnhart is planning on retiring very soon or he has gone all in on this hire and hopes it pays off. But, man what a gamble!

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
I will support Mark Pope as the head coach...if he truly is the pick. But, I do not think he is a wise choice. Personally, I don't think he is ready for the job. He needed another higher profile job before the UK position.
However, one thing is certain. Barnhart's future at UK is now totally linked to Pope's success or failure. Mark is a great guy and will always be a beloved Cat but, that isn't enough to make him a great coach at a historic flagship basketball school.
So, either Barnhart is planning on retiring very soon or he has gone all in on this hire and hopes it pays off. But, man what a gamble!
His accomplishments before getting hired top the accomplishments of the current Duke and UNC coaches.

Barnhart has no future. Dude is retiring to the Caribbean any day now. Unless Pope goes 0-31 his first year, the next AD will be responsible for this

Have you seen Mark's recruiting classes at BYU? That won't work at UK. I will support Pope but, this gamble comes with some looooong odds.
You do have to account for his being at BYU. He is probably in the neighborhood of doing as well as can be expected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT