ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official UK Vs. UNCW Game Thread *****

Our blistering offensive start to the season thanks to the input of Welch made us forget that we have been mediocre defensively for over 5 seasons, including this season. This is a harsh reminder.

I posted a few days ago that our defense is not even in the top 100 right now and today it came back to bite us in the ass. I don't remember who it was who said offense is hit or miss but defense wins championships. Simply meaning you will have off shooting days, but defense is always there it you play good defense consistently. We don't.

He recruits these guys, coaches them, screws with substitutions, let's them play hero ball, and refuses to put them in a position to win by playing different defenses. It's all on him. We didn't lose because we played good and just couldn't make a basket and they couldn't miss. We lost because it was a total all systems failure.
Yep, when the WHOLE TEAM looks this bad, it's generally on the one thing they all have in common.....Coach Cal

Reactions: KyCatFan
And we let Edward’s shoot a three? He has hit NONE!
I have always thought he has shot to much just in the first several games. He has fired up 3’s when better shooters were open, Cal is scared he will lay down if he tells him to quit firing up so many threes if your not hitting.

Reactions: TheDude73
UNCW players will remember this for the rest of their lives. They played well and made shots when they needed to
They will tell their kids and grandkids about it and effing should.

Highly highly disappointed in our boys today. Thought they had fight and heart. Shame on me for thinking that.

We missed coaching today and that is all. Cal is still the same do nothing, know nothing coach. This team has shot well enough to cover up the lack of coaching. The shooting wasn't here today, so down goes Fraizer.
We took more midrange jumpers than 3's today. It's a reversion to Cal's tendencies.

Defensively, still crappy as we have been over the last 5 seasons. Our scorching start hid our porous defending.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
Yep, when the WHOLE TEAM looks this bad, it's generally on the one thing they all have in common.....Coach Cal
So I’m curious, when the team looks great IE against Miami, is it generally because Cal did great.

Again, no Cal fan here. But damn.

Cal can't escape blame for this that's nonsense to even try. Sure, no Wagner, but there was no adjustment defensively. Another one for the worst loss of the Calipari era column.

It doesn't matter how badly this team performs defensively Cal isn't going to change. He is a one trick pony.
Yeah cause the other team don’t play defense. We can just jack more and more thees. Go faster Shoot threes….

They dropped 80 on us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT