ADVERTISEMENT

Official Steph Curry is GOAT thread

Steph Curry gets snubbed as an all-star starter. But his team is garbage (although the refs helped the Kings out late), and SGA is on a much better squad. I do not understand the infatuation with Luka.
I think Luka saw this and took it personally.

Curry gets 46 and NINE threes against the Lakers, but has no help, and they lose again by one. They should be 24-19 and not 19-24. Refs cheated Curry all night long.

Curry gets 46 and NINE threes against the Lakers, but has no help, and they lose again by one. They should be 24-19 and not 19-24. Refs cheated Curry all night long.

"They should be slightly above .500, not slightly below!!!" -Lakercat

I've never seen a bigger fraud in the history of sports. Maybe like Payton Hillis or Jeremy Lin. Curry is a one trick pony and that trick only worked because he had a team for 10 years that was consistently more talented than all but a handful of rosters.

This joker is going to eventually have to play with a TRULY shit team, one that doesn't have off the charts basketball skill and IQ like what he has now, even if they are aging. We will see how he fails to carry a team soon enough.

Curry has no help? Every starter except Green had over 20 points last night. Golden State's defense stinks and they have little depth. That's why their record is bad.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
And.. they stink because Steph doesn't do a whole lot else aside from running around the 3pt line. There are better true PGs, there are better slashing guards who can score at all 3 levels, there are better defensive guards.

Your top25 players in the NBA.. almost all of them have more rounded games. If stephs shot isn't falling, he's going to lose a lot of games.. Unless he has that HOF talent around him to lean on.

Reactions: DSmith21
He hits big shots when it counts, though. Sent the game to OT and almost won it in the 2nd OT.

Say what you will about the NBA but it is so much better to watch than college. I’m almost to the point that j can’t stand the college game, which is a shame because it has always been my favorite sport to watch.

Reactions: kyeric
Steph follows up his 46 point night with another amazing shooting performance. 94%eFG with eight threes and >70% shooting. Hope Embiid is ok; it was idiotic to play him when it was clear that he was not good to go. Steph had eight boards, seven assists, and a blocked shot. Curry is shooting over 50% over his last five games and has made at least five three point shots in five of his last six, and in his last four. He shot an eFG% over 100% in the second half tonight. Steph is back, folks.

Steph is back to his GOAT ways. He scored a 60-piece on the Hawks tonight, although they lost in OT, thanks to his horrible teammates. He had 30 points in the 4th Q and OT, without attempting a single FT. This is starting have 2021 vibes, where he goes nuclear, but they still lose. He has hit 8+ threes in three of the last four games.

Notes about this latest performance:

-Steph is only the second player in NBA HISTORY to score 60+ points, while attempting fewer than 10 FT's in a game
-Steph attempted 38 shots and 23 3pt shots - both are career highs. He made a career high 22 FG's
-For the first time in his career, Steph hit 10+ threes, while shooting less than 50% from the three.
-He hit eight shots in a row and had four "and-ones".
-Steph scored 41 points after halftime, a career best (8 of those came in OT)
-The Hawks have now given up a 73 point game and a 60 point game in eight days; both have been at home.

-There have been 88 games in which a player has scored at least 60 points; 32 of those were from Wilt.
-20 of those games have come in the last 5 years; 10 have come in the last two seasons, and six of them have come in the last SIX WEEKS (five in the last two weeks).
-36 out of the 56 NON-WILT 60+ point games have come since 2004.

It's easier to score than ever thanks to the rules; 60 is now the new 50, and 50 is the new 40.

Steph is back to his GOAT ways. He scored a 60-piece on the Hawks tonight, although they lost in OT, thanks to his horrible teammates. He had 30 points in the 4th Q and OT, without attempting a single FT. This is starting have 2021 vibes, where he goes nuclear, but they still lose. He has hit 8+ threes in three of the last four games.

Notes about this latest performance:

-Steph is only the second player in NBA HISTORY to score 60+ points, while attempting fewer than 10 FT's in a game
-Steph attempted 38 shots and 23 3pt shots - both are career highs. He made a career high 22 FG's
-For the first time in his career, Steph hit 10+ threes, while shooting less than 50% from the three.
-He hit eight shots in a row and had four "and-ones".
-Steph scored 41 points after halftime, a career best (8 of those came in OT)
-The Hawks have now given up a 73 point game and a 60 point game in eight days; both have been at home.

-There have been 88 games in which a player has scored at least 60 points; 32 of those were from Wilt.
-20 of those games have come in the last 5 years; 10 have come in the last two seasons, and six of them have come in the last SIX WEEKS (five in the last two weeks).
-36 out of the 56 NON-WILT 60+ point games have come since 2004.

It's easier to score than ever thanks to the rules; 60 is now the new 50, and 50 is the new 40.
GS lost the game in part because Curry and a few others are defensive liabilities. Klay, Green and Wiggins are very good defenders. So while its great that Curry scores 60, he kills them on defense. Curry also had a paltry 4 assists in a game that went to overtime. Pretty weak for the team's point guard.

You destroyed your own argument here

You destroyed your own argument here

How so? I wasn't really making an argument here. Steph is still one of the best players in the league. GSW needs to get Steph some help. Steph is great when he has rest, which he played one game in 12 days back in January. The Hawks are horrendous on "D", but 60 is still 60.

If someone just scored 73 on the hawks a week before Steph’s 60 then it’s not near as impressive.

How so? I wasn't really making an argument here. Steph is still one of the best players in the league. GSW needs to get Steph some help. Steph is great when he has rest, which he played one game in 12 days back in January. The Hawks are horrendous on "D", but 60 is still 60.
“60 is the new 50”

Next post, “60 is still 60.”

Is 60, 50 or 60, you said it’s both.

Reactions: Wesley91581
So you're admitting that his team is garbage?

GOATs almost never let their team be garbage. Guys like Jordan and Lebron routinely carried their teams to the playoffs. Lebron especially, dragged teams far worse than GSW to the title game.

If Curry was so good, he'd be able to get this team to roughly .600 winning percentage and his team to the playoffs. Instead they are 12th in the west and at .450.

Your supposed GOAT needed 4 months just to get to 20 wins.

Reactions: DSmith21
Steph destroys Pacers with 11 threes, including a 7-7 start. He is 69 for his last 122 from the floor (!). Steph is leading the Warriors renaissance; they are five plays from being 29-20. This is his fourth time in seven games that he has hit at least eight threes in a game. This isn’t vintage Steph; this is the Steph that we expect to see the remainder of the year. Appreciate Greatness. He did this on Kobe statue night too.

Curry with another NINE threes and hits a clutch 35 footer to win it. Curry got snubbed as an All-Star starter and is taking it personal. Warriors are the hottest team in the league, thanks to the GOAT

Curry with another NINE threes and hits a clutch 35 footer to win it. Curry got snubbed as an All-Star starter and is taking it personal. Warriors are the hottest team in the league, thanks to the GOAT
Actually the cavs are the hottest team in a row being they’ve won 9 in a row!

It turns out there was a reason LeBron James was briefly being mentioned in trade rumors leading up to the Feb. 8 deadline.
Per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne, the Golden State Warriors made an attempt to get James and the Los Angeles Lakers to consider a deal.
The report noted there were "owner to owner conversations" at one point, but neither James nor the Lakers got to the point where they were willing to explore a potential trade.

GOAT does not need Lebron. Steph is still a Top Three if not the best in the NBA, and Warriors could legit win it all
The Warriors decided that they needed to trade for a better distributor/defender at point guard (CP3) this off season. That left Curry free to just worry about his volume shooting. Why not trade for James? Did you notice that GS only got hot when their best defender came back from suspension? Of course, you don't really care about defense since Curry is such a defensive liability these days.

Last edited:
0% chance
How so? I'm not trolling, but I do not trust the Clips, OKC, or Minnesota, who are the top three in the West. Denver is not as good as last year. I am saying that they COULD. Phoenix could give them issues if they stay healthy. In the East, it's Boston and everyone else. Steph is the only player in history to make 7+ threes in four straight games; I expect that trend to continue tonight.

Ant-man has more 3s through his first 4 seasons than Curry did.

Anthony Edwards going to have more 3s than Curry when it's all said and done. And he's not gonna look like a total dork doing it either..

How so? I'm not trolling, but I do not trust the Clips, OKC, or Minnesota, who are the top three in the West. Denver is not as good as last year. I am saying that they COULD. Phoenix could give them issues if they stay healthy. In the East, it's Boston and everyone else. Steph is the only player in history to make 7+ threes in four straight games; I expect that trend to continue tonight.
And with gs seed they’ll prob have to beat 3 of the top 4 west teams get to play boston - you really think that’s possible?

That's if OKC, MIN, LAC don't lose earlier. Will Tatum show up in the Finals?

The Warriors don't have the horses to beat Boston anymore. I know it's been only 2 years since that finals.. but a lot has changed.

Also, warriors have been pretty healthy this year compared to the average NBA team. Aside from Draymond being suspended, has any rotation player missed more than a week or two in a row?

Edit: yep, it was just 45 year old CP3, who ALWAYS misses a 1/3rd of a season, who had an impactful injury for them. Every other player in their top8ish, has played all but a handful of games.

How the hell is this thing still around after 8 YEARS?

8 years and 22 pages. That's an economy of posts/duration of thread ratio that will probably never be equaled. And for what? An inane topic. I'm fully aware of the irony of me posting that in this thread.

How the hell is this thing still around after 8 YEARS?

8 years and 22 pages. That's an economy of posts/duration of thread ratio that will probably never be equaled. And for what? An inane topic. I'm fully aware of the irony of me posting that in this thread.
3 pages a year probably isn’t a lot is it when you have the dude binge posting about every Steph thing

How was chef curry tonight?
He played lousy tonight; it happens. Your boy Lebron has had off games too. So has Jordan. Lebron has Davis; Steph is forced to carry this group who is as inconsistent as the Kentucky men’s basketball team.

He played lousy tonight; it happens. Your boy Lebron has had off games too. So has Jordan. Lebron has Davis; Steph is forced to carry this group who is as inconsistent as the Kentucky men’s basketball team.
Not a great 3 halves for Chef curry

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT