ADVERTISEMENT

^^^Official NMS/UK game thread***

Like what I’m seeing so far. Great game.

Hope thero is alright. Absolutely love watching Wagner, Dilly, Reed. Very curious how the 7fters are going to come in. Stoked for the rest of the season.
Dilly does some head scratching stuff but then looks so good you understand why he tries crazy stuff. He goes all out and is always engaged though and I love that.

Reactions: Kycatspaws
Alright Cats!. First win of the season in the books.

F-TJgPZWEAA3guh

Give it up? Is this a competition?

As the season goes along, you will see that Wagner is not the guy. And then you’ll be reminded of this moment, and the interactions throughout this thread.

You can agree or disagree with that, but that’s exactly how things are going to go down.

He struggled mightily in this game, and his numbers were only salvaged by some garbage time buckets. He’s overrated, but Cal will stick with him because of his last name and our season is not going to be as good as it could be.

Do you think that maybe...............just maybe you're being a bit too harsh on Wagner?
We've had plenty of freshman who haven't looked great in their first game either lol.

Hopefully we put 2 good half’s together, haven’t really done that yet. If we do we will win by 60.
We did against KySt. But that's an exhibition though. First game that counts at Rupp. Probably was some nerves there and some excitement jitters from the first real opponent.

1-0! On to the next!

Reactions: Fox2monk
KU beats their sub scrub by 41.
We beat our kinda scrub by 40 and should've been more.

I know games don't translate quite that way. But, since everyone was kissing KU's backside earlier.....it was about even it seems.

FWIW according to Kenpom that team they were playing was 305th. Ours was 178th.
Of course who knows where those teams end up end of the season but I think our scrub was a bit less of a scrub then there's.

Reactions: Kentucky2022
We’ve had two exhibitions in the games in Canada. It’s abundantly clear that he’s not the best guy to start at point. And scoring a bunch of points in garbage time doesn’t change anything
Do you live to complain about everything UK basketball related?

KU beats their sub scrub by 41.
We beat our kinda scrub by 40 and should've been more.

I know games don't translate quite that way. But, since everyone was kissing KU's backside earlier.....it was about even it seems.
It was like 59-15 at halftime. I figured they would’ve beat them by more than 41

Do you think that maybe...............just maybe you're being a bit too harsh on Wagner?
We've had plenty of freshman who haven't looked great in their first game either lol.
I’m not just looking at the first game though. It’s abundantly clear that:

1) he’s going to be a 30% three-point shooter at best
2) he’s prone to play hero ball
3) while he has plenty of energy and stamina, he doesn’t have quickness and can’t get by his man in a half court set

Dilly and Shepherd are far better shooters and seem to be better at getting others involved. They also play great defense.

First game and he already acting like every player on the team sucks

Not only that but like here's the thing:
There is no scenario where DJ Wagner doesn't play a significant role on this team this season.

So regardless of people's feelings about certain players and playing time and whatnot, they may as well hop on the train and enjoy the ride.

Not only that but like here's the thing:
There is no scenario where DJ Wagner doesn't play a significant role on this team this season.

So regardless of people's feelings about certain players and playing time and whatnot, they may as well hop on the train and enjoy the ride.
The four guards(Wagner, dillingham, Sheppard, &reeves) should all be major contributors and get the bulk of the mins. Thinking one should get mins is crazy

Oh yeah you’re right lol. Damn. That ruins my happiness now. Shows how much I care about women’s Bball. I was used to them being #1 forever lately.

She's the only women's HC name I even know lol I think the LSU coach is a blonde woman, but I couldn't tell you her name.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT