ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame scares me!

I'll reassure you that they have no interior presence and could easily lose to Texas if a Texas makes it into the S16

If you're scared, get in my pocket.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by CatChow:
I'll reassure you that they have no interior presence and could easily lose to Texas if a Texas makes it into the S16
Round of 32*

The probem is, Texas is probably too retarded to beat Butler.

That said, Texas is the team I'd least like to play from the bottom half as they had a good ISU team beat in their Big 12 tourney, and they would be coming in winning 3 in a row against 3 quality teams to get to that point. UK would win, but Texas would not be afraid.

Interesting matchup if it happens. ND will play small ball and spread the floor with drives and kickouts from 3. I've seen Grant go off and do some unbelievable things. I've also seen seem try to do too much and make some bad plays. Connaughton is the wild card as sometimes he's hot and sometimes he's cold. Cats will roll if they are hitting.

They rank 111th in defensive efficiency. They're not beating UK.

I'm not scared of them but this is the type of team that concerns me. What was the tallest player for the Unforgettables? 6-7 or 6-8 and they were a miracle shot from getting to the Final Four. That team shot a ton of threes just like ND. The three point shot is still the great equalizer even against a team like our current one. I am perfectly fine with them getting knocked out before UK has to play them. They did beat Duke twice , Carolina twice and U of L at the Yum so they are not chopped liver guys.

This Notre Dame team doesn't have the ability to turn teams over like the Unforgettables. They also will have no answer when the Cats pound it inside. UK's length will effect their shooters.

Notre Dame is capable of giving us a game for about 34 minutes, but our size and depth will grind them down to a nub.

If they're having an off night from the perimeter, it could be an ugly game for the leprechauns.

Originally posted by FFWhite:
This Notre Dame team doesn't have the ability to turn teams over like the Unforgettables. They also will have no answer when the Cats pound it inside. UK's length will effect their shooters.
In the last game against Duke, Auguste was the only person they had to guard Okafor, and he was limited because you can't breathe on him, but he didn't seem like an overly gifted defender. They will be reaching in all day when our bigs get it in the lane, which is something we've had some problem with, although not as much lately.

Duke shot 17% from 3. That is why ND beat them. Puke doesn't hit 40% from 3 they are average with 1 superstar that can't play defense.

Notre Dame 10-20 3 pointers against UNCheats. 32 free throws. That is why they beat them.

They will HAVE to play us straight up man to man and everything will go over the top of them. They have no chance.

ND could not stop Okafor in the last game. So how can they stop 3 of our "Okafors"? And our bigs can guard their 3 point shooters.

Originally posted by new era cat:
Duke shot 17% from 3. That is why ND beat them. Puke doesn't hit 40% from 3 they are average with 1 superstar that can't play defense.

Notre Dame 10-20 3 pointers against UNCheats. 32 free throws. That is why they beat them.

They will HAVE to play us straight up man to man and everything will go over the top of them. They have no chance.
Duke also played ND again and won by 30...because Duke actually defended some for once, and hit the easy shots every team gets against ND. The first game against ND Duke was having their issues with Sulamion...and they led most of the game and choked.

I find it baffling that a team that jacks up so many 3's got 32 FTs in a game...but sometimes that is just how it goes. I have no idea how or why AU shot 34 yesterday but they did.

ND can beat UK if UK does not respect them, but after hearing about how everything thinks they can potentially beat UK...I think our guys will be ready if they play them.

Well, call me "concerned" rather than scared about ND. Hopefully, that keeps me out of the crying-little-girl-photo category!

They just look like the Hot Team... similar to UK in 2011... and it appears that they can do the one thing that might beat UK on an off-night, which is rack up a ton of points from the 3-point-line. I would've preferred that they were not in our bracket.

That said, if Kentucky is clicking like today... I'm not worried about a thing, regardless of the opponent.

Yes ND can shoot and make a lot of three balls. But they have not been shooting those over 6'6" guards. Or have 7' guys guarding them both in the lane and out. Think it through. THIS CAN ONLY END BADLY FOR THEM.

They are the best team in our region, quick pg that could get into the lane against us like Kasey Hill. Great shooting as of late as well. I think if we play them it could be within 10. I see no other games being that close including in the final four. We are gonna roll to #9 by a margain of about 19 per game.

They concerned me some but the fact Digger picks them takes the concern away.

They are horrid defensively. They can score, but they would likely have to beat us shooting twos, because we are among the best in the country at taking away the three ball. Good luck to them.

ND is a team that has zero idea what we play like. None. They played WCS when he was a freshman I believe, and that's it. Playing a team the first time in a season is always going to favor the better, more talented team, in my opinion.

We have seen teams like ND.. they haven't seen anything like Kentucky.

Brey, while I like him, hasn't exactly proved his worth in the tournament for ND, either.

Originally posted by dezyDeco:

Well, call me "concerned" rather than scared about ND. Hopefully, that keeps me out of the crying-little-girl-photo category!

They just look like the Hot Team... similar to UK in 2011... and it appears that they can do the one thing that might beat UK on an off-night, which is rack up a ton of points from the 3-point-line. I would've preferred that they were not in our bracket.

That said, if Kentucky is clicking like today... I'm not worried about a thing, regardless of the opponent.
I agree they are hot at right time, I share your concern and had hoped they would be elsewhere I watched that 22-2 run to ice the game last night against the Carolina Cougars.

The only teams I am somewhat concerned about playing are:

Arizona
Wisconsin
Duke

We will very likely see either Ariz/Wisc in the Final Four. Duke I think will be upset before the final game, but if we do play them it will be a battle.

Originally posted by JayCatz44:
They rank 111th in defensive efficiency. They're not beating UK.
They just beat Duke and UNC in a 24 hour period. Shew my god you guys kill me. This is a one and done formatted tournament. Its not the best of 5 or 7. One bad night to someone's good night and the party is over. We should be very concerned with every team we play from here on out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT