ADVERTISEMENT

NO excuse for losing like we have tonight!!!!

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
No offensive sets to maximize the talented shooters OR athletic Bigs
Allows Wheeler to pound the ball or drive into the paint against TALLER defenders and gets too deep to create for teammates
Wallace is reckless with the ball and jacks up too many crazy shots then misses too many FT's
Collins, Ware, Livingston and Fredrick are SCARED TOO DEATH!!! Cal does NOTHING to help with this!!
Reeves rushes EVERYTHING. Let the game come to you.
For every Great play Toppin gives you, he takes it away with a BONEHEADED one.

Oscar is AWESOME!!! Thank the Lord he came back!!!

Hey Cal, you are paid $10 Million/year. DO YOUR JOB!!
Learn how to defend out of bounds plays!!!
Go back and look at your U Mass tapes to find some offensive sets that you ACTUALLY have to work on to CREATE scoring for your shooters!!!
EMPHASIZE FT's for ONCE in your FREAKIN career!!!
Use the CORRECT lineups for what we need!! If we are down, put in scorers, if we are up, put in defenders. We are deep enough to do that this year!!

This SAME CRAP every year is getting OLD!!!

He's clearly finishing up the back nine...time to move on...

P8Ajf60.png

Like I was saying years ago, if Calipari doesn’t straighten up he’s going to end up with a Hall legacy or worse. And by legacy I mean strictly accomplishments. He’s no Hall.

Which is a shame consider how dominant he could have been.

Calipari is a loser because he doesn’t care about winning anymore. We’re paying a loser to lose.

And just wait, give it about 4 days and the Cal Cult will be logged back on telling you how negative you are, completely not caring how bad this program is being neglected. Losing our position in this college basketball scene.

They’re not UK fans and need to be called what they are. Cal Cult.

Allows Wheeler to pound the ball or drive into the paint against TALLER defenders and gets too deep to create for teammates
Wallace is reckless with the ball and jacks up too many crazy shots then misses too many FT's
Collins, Ware, Livingston and Fredrick are SCARED TOO DEATH!!! Cal does NOTHING to help with this!!

Go back and look at your U Mass tapes to find some offensive sets that you ACTUALLY have to work on to CREATE scoring for your shooters!!!
Use the CORRECT lineups for what we need!! If we are down, put in scorers, if we are up, put in defenders. We are deep enough to do that this year!!

UK is his showcase for developing "his kids" NBA draft status. Hey if he can do that and win a game or two at UK along the way ... it's a win win for him. You should understand that NBA draft night is BBN biggest night of the year. Calipari knows how to coach ... he did it at UMass and Memphis. He just refuses to coach at UK. He's here to USE the program for his OAD pipeline to the NBA delusions. His tenure at UK will be chronicled for many years as having done remarkably less with impressively more than any other coach in collegiate basketball history. A sad footnote with UK as an unfortunate tagline. (Read my signature line below this post)

Like I was saying years ago, if Calipari doesn’t straighten up he’s going to end up with a Hall legacy or worse. And by legacy I mean strictly accomplishments. He’s no Hall.

Calipari is a loser because he doesn’t care about winning anymore. We’re paying a loser to lose.

And just wait, give it about 4 days and the Cal Cult will be logged back on telling you how negative you are, completely not caring how bad this program is being neglected. Losing our position in this college basketball scene.

Spot on. I do think if Cal won in 2015 and went 40-0 with that team, people would be more lenient with him. He hasn't. I always said when he first started. 1 Championship he underachieved, 2 championships expectations, 3 championships over achieved.

Cal has immensely under achieved. His first 8 years or so he set the pace, then after that 2015 team things changed drastically.

His priorities are all wrong. NBA first. If he loves the NBA so much, then Cal get GTFO and go coach NBA.

The BIGGEST reason I'm ANGRY is because watching this game just re-enforced the fact that Cal has QUIT doing ANY team level coaching!!!

We are just a bunch of INDIVIDUALS on the court. Tom Izzo is a pretty good coach, but he has NO WHERE NEAR the talent our team has. His team EXECUTED when it mattered the MOST, Cal's team WILTED!!!

I am SOOOOOOO sick of seeing UK Basketball lose games because Cal gets OUTCOACHED!!!

And sadly, in all of Oscar's AWESOMENESS, his defensive lapse allowed a layup to force OT and his illegal screen gave MSU the ball on a crucial possession and ultimately led to us losing. And he had 5 turnovers. So he was great, as usual. But at times, made critical mistakes.

UK is his showcase for developing "his kids" NBA draft status. Hey if he can do that and win a game or two at UK along the way ... it's a win win for him. You should understand that NBA draft night is BBN biggest night of the year. Calipari knows how to coach ... he did it at UMass and Memphis. He just refuses to coach at UK. He's here to USE the program for his OAD pipeline to the NBA delusions. His tenure at UK will be chronicled for many years as having done remarkably less with impressively more than any other coach in collegiate basketball history. A sad footnote with UK as an unfortunate tagline. (Read my signature line below this post)

Exactly why a coworker and I coined the moniker “carpetbagger”.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

I guess his cult will be back for one game, then disappear against after Gonzaga. Winning on the west coast - not going to happen. It's going to be back and forth for the cult for a while, as we play crap teams, then good ones week in and week out.

Grom do you know when I realized Cal needed to go? When I no longer tried to watch games no matter where I was.

We all know what kind of people they are. The kind who snitch when you call them out and get you banned

When few coaches circles around him Sunday I better hear anything out of them

I think the board has lost its mind. The game last night was a well played early season game. Sorry that we lost, of course. That kid Hauser looked fantastic.

If you blip-out the subject matter and just listen to the tone here, you'd think you were hearing 1000 junkies who just had their supply cut off.

There's a Kentucky writer -- Wendell Berry -- who wrote a collection of sayings attributed to a figure called The Mad Farmer. (This is from 50 year old memory.) One went something like this, "If one season were all, a farmer would slit his throat after every hail storm." People, don't you have any more stamina and fortitude that this? What do you do when faced with real world set backs?

I think the board has lost its mind. The game last night was a well played early season game. Sorry that we lost, of course. That kid Hauser looked fantastic.

If you blip-out the subject matter and just listen to the tone here, you'd think you were hearing 1000 junkies who just had their supply cut off.

There's a Kentucky writer -- Wendell Berry -- who wrote a collection of sayings attributed to a figure called The Mad Farmer. (This is from 50 year old memory.) One went something like this, "If one season were all, a farmer would slit his throat after every hail storm." People, don't you have any more stamina and fortitude that this? What do you do when faced with real world set backs?
The kid Houser scored 2 points against Gonzaga.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
10 million/year for a coach that doesn’t teach the most basic concepts of team basketball. If it were but “one season” , you wouldn’t have the reaction. Last night’s game was a microcosm of the last 2 seasons.

Just because your OK with mediocrity, doesn’t mean the rest of us should be.

I just want to see him create offensive sets that can maximize the talent we have AND teach our MOSTLY VETERAN team to ROTATE properly on defense!

Is that too much to ask for a Hall-of-Fame Coach making $9million/year???!!!!!

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
He's clearly finishing up the back nine...time to move on...

P8Ajf60.png
Can we stop this selective timeline garbage? I’m sure you can make any HOF coach look horrible based on selective timelines. Both Tubby and Pitino were only here 10 years or less. Compare Cals last 5 years of his first decade and he’s right there with Pitino and blows Tubby away.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
Can we stop this selective timeline garbage? I’m sure you can make any HOF coach look horrible based on selective timelines. Both Tubby and Pitino were only here 10 years or less. Compare Cals last 5 years of his first decade and he’s right there with Pitino and blows Tubby away.
Kool aid drunk trying to prop up his leader.

Reactions: CatPhight
Selective timelines? Oh you mean facts...so according to your logic (cough) we should grade Cal on his first five years (09-13) and not what he currently is (post 2015)? In other words a free pass for persistent incompetence.

Do the world a favor...please don't procreate...the world has enough halfwits as it is. [laughing]

XBDouTZ.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: catben and Cawood86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT