ADVERTISEMENT

So we finally got burnt for it, huh?!

Cowtown Cat

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2015
Cowtown, Kentucky
Missed the game, but have it recorded. Was off last night and slept right through it. Will watch later.

So, we finally got burnt because Cal had Reed inbounding the ball?! I remember people saying that it was okay before because it didn’t completely burn us last few times. We ended up hitting enough FTs to win. Cost us this game it seems. Cal is an inept floor coach. When are people gonna wake up?!

Edit: Also, you want your FIVE best FT shooters in at that point, no matter the position they play. Been preaching this all season!

Last edited:
Missed the game, but have it recorded. Was off last night and slept right through it. Will watch later.

So, we finally got burnt because Cal had Reed inbounding the ball?! I remember people saying that it was okay before because it didn’t completely burn us last few times. We ended up hitting enough FTs to win. Cost us this game it sees. Cal is an inept floor coach. When are people gonna wake up?!
You do know Reed missed the same number of FT's as Rob, right? If Reed made his, we win as well.

You do know Reed missed the same number of FT's as Rob, right? If Reed made his, we win as well.

Lol, being honest is an excuse now?

Also, reed is 80% from the line, and Rob is 76%. Not some drastic difference.
@Cowtown Cat , you're interacting with Leadbelly. His moronic response to you ignored the fact that Reed missed a free throw intentionally last night so we could rebound his miss.

It sounds like Leadbelly didn't even watch the game either. Not a surprise, given how he isn't a fan of Kentucky.

Time to make another account, LB. ;)

Doesn’t change the fact of my post. Cal is terrible!

May or may not be the case but inbounding the ball to one of our best free throw shooters I just don't think it a reason to kill Cal.

The ones that want to kill Cal should probably stick to the whole why did you not foul up 3. That's a much better argument to have IMO

Also I happen to think having Reed inbound the ball isn't the worst thing in the world. He's the best passer on this team IMO. Plus a lot of times, you see the guy inbound the ball only to get it back seconds later.

But I also trust Rob to make free throws in that situation.

May or may not be the case but inbounding the ball to one of our best free throw shooters I just don't think it a reason to kill Cal.

The ones that want to kill Cal should probably stick to the whole why did you not foul up 3. That's a much better argument to have IMO

How much does Cal have to lose before you come around to the fact he’s awful? 5 more years? 10?

Seriously, the evidence is overwhelming and beyond debate, yet here you are…

Lmao you want your best FT shooters on the floor. Also, don’t have your BEST FT shooter inbound the ball. And, yes, you foul up 3 at that point.

There's no rule that you have to stick to just one argument. Cal lost the game in multiple ways. How about not playing Big Z when everybody else was exhausted?

Also I happen to think having Reed inbound the ball isn't the worst thing in the world. He's the best passer on this team IMO. Plus a lot of times, you see the guy inbound the ball only to get it back seconds later.

Let Tre inbound the ball then. Easy fix.

How much does Cal have to lose before you come around to the fact he’s awful? 5 more years? 10?

Seriously, the evidence is overwhelming and beyond debate, yet here you are…

We aren't talking about whether or not Cal is a terrible coach

We are talking about that specific play. Having a 76% free throw shooter have the ball in his hands isn't the worst move in the world. It just isn't.

There's no rule that you have to stick to just one argument. Cal lost the game in multiple ways. How about not playing Big Z when everybody else was exhausted?

Of course not but the title of this thread is so we finally got burnt for it. The OP wasn't making multiple arguments. He was making one argument. One IMO was a poor one.

I'm not going to kill a coach for trusting a good free throw shooter to make two free throws.
I'm also not going to kill Rob either. Or anyone taking those. Reed could have easily missed as well.

That's not the reason we lost this game.

@Cowtown Cat , you're interacting with Leadbelly. His moronic response to you ignored the fact that Reed missed a free throw intentionally last night so we could rebound his miss.

It sounds like Leadbelly didn't even watch the game either. Not a surprise, given how he isn't a fan of Kentucky.

Time to make another account, LB. ;)
Ohh, I'm Leadbelly today? I have seen you refer to this person a lot, so you're obviously a bit eaten up by them. What's that story all about?

Did Reed also purposefully miss the 3 that tied the game at the end of reg and the 3 that gave UF the lead in OT?

I didn't trust Rob when he stepped to the line, and I still don't trust him to make two clutch free throws.

I love his game, but to use Cal's own term, trust can only be proven by "demonstrated performance", and Rob has melted in clutch moments at times this season with bad shots, highlight reel step-back-threes, and poor defensive decisions.

Reed is our best passer and smartest player so I don't have an issue with him inbounding. What I didn't like is that Cal didn't call timeout to set something up for reeves or a comeback look to reed. I think Cal got caught watching the game

Reactions: mc140
Ohh, I'm Leadbelly today? I have seen you refer to this person a lot, so you're obviously a bit eaten up by them. What's that story all about?

Did Reed also purposefully miss the 3 that tied the game at the end of reg and the 3 that gave UF the lead in OT?
Nah, I'm not letting you off the hook for your moronic "You do know Reed missed the same number of FT's as Rob, right" statement.

Own it. You likely didn't even watch the game last night, and if you did, you completely took Sheppard's miss out of context. The first option makes you negligent and ignorant. The second option makes you nothing more than a weird little instigator.

We aren't talking about whether or not Cal is a terrible coach

We are talking about that specific play. Having a 76% free throw shooter have the ball in his hands isn't the worst move in the world. It just isn't.
You still want Reed shooting those. He’s proven he can hit clutch FTs. Point is, he shouldn’t have had Reed inbound the ball.

Nah, I'm not letting you off the hook for your "Reed missed as many free throws as Rob" statement. That was moronic on your part.

Own it.
He did though.... they were both 1 of 2, right?

You said last week that Edwards quit the team. You really want to talk about posters saying stupid stuff?

Edit: You were so eaten up you had to go back and add an entire paragraph to your last post?
Of course not but the title of this thread is so we finally got burnt for it. The OP wasn't making multiple arguments. He was making one argument. One IMO was a poor one.

I'm not going to kill a coach for trusting a good free throw shooter to make two free throws.
I'm also not going to kill Rob either. Or anyone taking those. Reed could have easily missed as well.

That's not the reason we lost this game.
They would be just as mad had someone else inbound the ball and turned it over. They would be asking why Reed, who they claim is the best passer, wasn't inbounding the ball.

Currently they are mad Rob gave up a pt or 2 at the line, while Reed gave up 3 to send the game to OT and gave up the 3 in OT that gave UF their lead at the end. So Reed giving up 6 isn't a big deal, Rob missing a FT is.

He did though.... they were both 1 of 2, right?

You said last week that Edwards quit the team. You really want to talk about posters saying stupid stuff?

They would be just as mad had someone else inbound the ball and turned it over. They would be asking why Reed, who they claim is the best passer, wasn't inbounding the ball.

Currently they are mad Rob gave up a pt or 2 at the line, while Reed gave up 3 to send the game to OT and gave up the 3 in OT that gave UF their lead at the end. So Reed giving up 6 isn't a big deal, Rob missing a FT is.
Gosh, you're terrible at this, aren't you.

I never said Edwards quit the team. I asked if the rumors were true. Would it surprise me if he quit the team? Not at all. But did I say he did? Nope.

Try again.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

I never said Edwards quit the team. I asked if the rumors were true. Would it surprise me if he quit the team? Not at all. But did I say he did? Nope.

Try again.
Lol, rumors you made up when you were comparing him to Shaedon Sharpe and talking about Cal allowing it again. Lol, sure, man!

• Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

So, we finally got burnt because Cal had Reed inbounding the ball?! I remember people saying that it was okay before because it didn’t completely burn us last few times. We ended up hitting enough FTs to win. Cost us this game it seems. Cal is an inept floor coach. When are people gonna wake up?!

Edit: Also, you want your FIVE best FT shooters in at that point, no matter the position they play. Been preaching this all season!
I think he has Shep inbounding the ball as he's the smartest passer on the team.

Lol, rumors you made up when you were comparing him to Shaedon Sharpe and talking about Cal allowing it again. Lol, sure, man!
Translation: you looked for the quote you needed and couldn't find it.

Hilarious!

"Hey, everybody! Reed Sheppard missed as many free throws as Rob did last night! Let's make a song about it!" - @Ron Swanson

tumblr_ljlzyeDmJc1qcay1ao1_500.gif

Lol Rob is a 76% free throw shooter on the season.

Yet people were blasting him, wanting to change his free throw motion all because he happened to miss one at the extreme wrong time.

People really need to go pull up NBA and College games from last night to see that most teams aren't shooting 85% from the free.. and quite a few are shooting worse. At one point, Providence was shooting 40%.

I understand that. But not in that situation. You want Reed to catch that inbound pass and force them to foul Reed.

I do understand what Calipari is doing here. The problem is Reeves and Sheppard aren't great at getting open off the inbounds. Dillingham and Wagner are. So the plan is to inbound it to them and they are suppose to pass back to the open Sheppard. However, Dillingham (and Wagner in past games) have held the ball instead.

Try again.
When you have to resort to telling the o
person you're arguing with they aren't doing well on the internet, it's probably not them it's not going well for. I notice you do that a lot to people you have disagreements with? Is that an insecurity thing for you?

Translation: you looked for the quote you needed and couldn't find it.

Hilarious!

"Hey, everybody! Reed Sheppard missed as many free throws as Rob did last night! Let's make a song about it!" - @Ron Swanson

tumblr_ljlzyeDmJc1qcay1ao1_500.gif
I don’t need to look for it. You know you said it, I know it, as do many who read it. Posters are capable of deleting posts if the choose. So no point in me searching for it.

What was the FT numbers for each last night? Are you denying they were both 1 for 2?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT