ADVERTISEMENT

Never seen a coaching staff so terrified of a back QB they failed to develop.

If there’s even a chance Leary is hurt, have Sherron throw a couple of screens or something, stuff that’ll keep the clock moving and still be safe enough while getting him in a little rhythm. Look, maybe he can’t play at a SEC level and that’s ok, but the way we’re using him we might be more effective running the (ugh) wildcat

Reactions: tomrain
Well while you were sleeping, we won and the offense wasn’t as bad as you have it cooked up in your head
A win’s a win, but the offense putting up 271 total yards and 17 points against a team that ranks 11th in the conference for total defense isn’t anything to celebrate. Those numbers likely don’t get it done in any of our remaining games.

A win’s a win, but the offense putting up 271 total yards and 17 points against a team that ranks 11th in the conference for total defense isn’t anything to celebrate. Those numbers likely don’t get it done in any of our remaining games.
I am also underwhelmed by the O. Actually by the team as a whole. But Leary looks good and I’m encouraged by that. I love football season man. Savor the good shit. Everyone cries too much.

Bingo.

I mean Leary looked ok and only threw for 156 yards. We have to be able to open it up against the better teams we play. It's why we stand no chance of ever beating a Georgia, Bama, Texas, etc. And for that matter we will never outscore UT with Heupel there. Our conservative D barely even slows their offense down. I think they've punted once in the last two years vs us.

Last edited:
Did you forget your midol again?
No, I asked a question about our backup QB that hurt your feelings. Do you have an opinion on our backup QB or do you just want to argue to score lame message board points from you message board boyfriends

Last edited:
Don’t worry I’m sure we have plenty of wide receivers to play quarterback if needed so we can run the Wildcat a million times a game!
Kentucky is 7-2 with wide receivers playing QB, with a win over Tennessee. And that's not counting Randall Cobb.

Reactions: maroon79
Kentucky is 7-2 with wide receivers playing QB, with a win over Tennessee. And that's not counting Randall Cobb.
Yeah well sorry i don’t see it as a good thing that our coach doesn’t see anything wrong with not having a backup QB

We don’t even have a serviceable backup
How do you know we don’t? Because Stoops had Sheron hand off 90% of his plays last night. Because he’s s 23-32 for his career for 192 yards 2 TDs and 1 interception. From that limited time you deduced that he hasn’t developed at all. If you want to make a case that we don’t have an experienced QB, I could agree with you.

Yeah well sorry i don’t see it as a good thing that our coach doesn’t see anything wrong with not having a backup QB
If the coach feels that way he is wrong. But had Leary stayed in the game, the fourth quarter would have gone much the same way-hand the ball off and bleed the clock. Stoops will not attempt to run the score up on anybody and is only concerned with getting out with a win.

Hooray! We're going to the Cheez-It Bowl!

Don't beat your chest after beating a team with the equivalent of an interim coach, a backup QB that can't throw and backup RB's.
Am I beating my chest? Maybe I’m just not completely miserable all the time. Maybe I know football and I know that Kentucky can’t win in Starkville to save its life. So last night didn’t make me feel bummed.

You’re right about one thing, we are going to a shit bowl. That sucks but I’m not the crying type

Am I beating my chest? Maybe I’m just not completely miserable all the time. Maybe I know football and I know that Kentucky can’t win in Starkville to save its life. So last night didn’t make me feel bummed.

You’re right about one thing, we are going to a shit bowl. That sucks but I’m not the crying type
I’m not crying but I’m just tired of accepting mediocrity. It’s year 11 for Stoops and we continually make the same boneheaded mistakes, penalties, and undisciplined play. I mean how many times this year have we been flagged for late hits and running our mouth? Not to mention the ultra conservative style on both sides of the ball. Sorry but I know we’re capable of more that’s all.

I’m not crying but I’m just tired of accepting mediocrity. It’s year 11 for Stoops and we continually make the same boneheaded mistakes, penalties, and undisciplined play. I mean how many times this year have we been flagged for late hits and running our mouth? Not to mention the ultra conservative style on both sides of the ball. Sorry but I know we’re capable of more that’s all.
Offense..offense..offense!!

Four coordinators in four years as well as Schlarman's passing have devastated the offense. I think Coen can right the ship – particularly with the QB recruits we have coming in. Might take some tinkering with staff and a few more transfers, but I think we should be looking much better on offense next year and beyond.

Assuming Coen stays. Which I think he will.

Dude is magnetic and players want to play for him.

Yeah, we were gifted perfect field position at least four times and did jack sh-t with it each time last night. Frustrating, but the offense really does need to be completely rebuilt.

You think Kentucky is the only team that has penalties and makes mistakes? You see mediocrity in year 11 of stoops but let me tell you what you are seeing. You are looking at the golden age of Kentucky football. Like it or not, it’s true and irrefutable. Our fans have an identity crisis. They think Kentucky football is something that it’s not. It’s never been what our fans want. Honestly, it may never be what they want. I’ve made this point several times this past week in a few threads.

I’m not happy to accept “mediocrity”. But by Kentucky standards and with Kentucky’s resources and recruiting footprint, we are not mediocre. By Georgia, Ohio state, Texas, and Alabama standards Kentucky is mediocre. But those guys that coach those programs can hop in their car and go recruit 5 star studs in their home state and still be home for dinner. You think stoops get to do that? Our state produces less than 10 D1 prospects each year and most are 2 or 3 stars. This state is not a football hotbed. Our best high school teams will travel one state away only to get blown out (just ask Fredrick Douglas). A lot of our high schools don’t even have turf fields or LED lights or heat in the locker rooms. Stoops has to compete with basketball for NIL money no one else has to do that to the degree stoops does. You think this state is willing to let some stud point guard go elsewhere so we can pay more for a right guard?

2 10 win seasons in the last 5 years, beating Florida on the regular, owning Louisville, beating ranked teams every year, 8 straight years with a bowl appearance, top 30 recruiting classes, good attendance, sending kids to the NFL, hiring sought after assistant coaches and keeping them, etc. These things are massive accomplishments for Kentucky.

I get pissed when we lose too. I pissed at the offense too (and the D, and the special teams), But what stoops has done here is remarkable and I didn’t think it would ever be done at Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT