ADVERTISEMENT

NBA investigating ref over burner account

Why is a ref burner account i big deal?
Apparently it’s against league policy for officials to publicly comment on their work without authorization. I tend to agree that this is more a minor case of someone acting unprofessionally than a major scandal though.

Reactions: K_TIME
This. Of all the things to investigate around refs, this should be way down the list, if on the list at all
I mean it does break the rules, but it’s minor. We all know that there’s way worse stuff going on in officiating. MLB umps are awful. CBB refs are up there as well.

You can’t tell me with a straight face there aren’t some on the take.

Apparently it’s against league policy for officials to publicly comment on their work without authorization. I tend to agree that this is more a minor case of someone acting unprofessionally than a major scandal though.
Agree

I’m waiting for the next nba ref slanting calls in teams or players favor WWE style

He called the Laker fans and players out. But he also called the Lakers playoff games.

Last edited:
If a ref has a burner phone, the first thing I think of is that it's used for contact with those paying him to fix games. Now that may or may not be the reason this guy is being investigated, I'm just saying most average people don't have a need for a burner phone unless they are involved with something questionable.

Exactly…supposed to be a neutral observer, but he’s actively trashing certain teams in public. Not the best look to be trashing the Lakers when the story going around is that you’re a Celtics fan, for instance.
This^^^

There are pictures of he and his family going around wearing Celtic gear.

Celtics are undefeated when he refs their games.

NOTHING to SEE HERE!!!

Refs are human just like message board clowns (Myself Included)). Just like coaches, they are not allowed to comment on games. If they do they are fined or possibly fired. So what does the ref do. He creates a burner account so he can troll individuals that give him a hard time. Just like some here have burner accounts to troll others. Nothing to see. The NBA will punish him in some way I'm sure. He'll probably lose his job and probably should. Like some he's just to big of a clown and went to far.

Refs are human just like message board clowns (Myself Included)). Just like coaches, they are not allowed to comment on games. If they do they are fined or possibly fired. So what does the ref do. He creates a burner account so he can troll individuals that give him a hard time. Just like some here have burner accounts to troll others. Nothing to see. The NBA will punish him in some way I'm sure. He'll probably lose his job and probably should. Like some he's just to big of a clown and went to far.
As always as the the adage goes, don’t draw undue attention to yourself.

Reactions: breeztheel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT