ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Hart

Cliff notes please

Scoots Henderson from Ignite is one of the players the documentary follows. You get a few clips with Jason Hart and you can see the relationship he has with his players.

A concern that some past players and Alan Cutler expressed was Mark’s ability to recruit the inner city. I don’t think it will be a problem but having Coach Hart should quiet some of those concerns.

Why do so many of you want Jai Lucas back? What about him is so appealing?
His family. 😉

tenor.gif

I believe there is still this idea that perhaps other coaches and players would flourish at Kentucky under a coach not named Calipari. To me besides Welsh , all the assistant coaches hired by Cal were based on them being his buddies. Most of them have seen him on cruise control and still making 9 mil/ year so why not join him on private jet for recruiting and free meals and drinks while making some nice cash too?

How many of them could actually coach or develop players?

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
need another bug time recruiter, maybe a north east guy. And the other assistant I'm not sure it really matters.

Why do so many of you want Jai Lucas back? What about him is so appealing?
Because people can't not be an expert on the internet.
And most of them only know one assistants name, so that's who we should hire.
Its an older reference, but Joe Lee Dunn was always who we should get as a defensive coordinator, up until the day he retired from NAIA, and a couple years after. .
Or Rock Oliver should be the new S&C coach for any and all sports.

Who do you think would make a 3rd good coach for the recruiting position?
Several options are out there, but I'd look a the younger tier of guys who are mainly recruiters with 0 ties to UK. I don't want them to have Kentucky ties--rather they have ties with Pope from the basketball world. Could be a HS coach who is at a top program, an AAU connected guy, young up and comer in CBB, but Jai Lucas was not what his Dad/Brother were and he's lived on his last name to move up the ladder and at Duke, he simply does what Chin Coleman did at UK--make sure he stays in contact with the people who he's told to contact and outside people have set up for the program to land.

Lucas lacks player development abilities of his Dad/Brother but that name has opened doors. He's brought little to Duke's recruiting. They were an established force on the trail before he got there and UK improved upon him leaving. He was better than what Cal had but so were many people on this site.

Because people can't not be an expert on the internet.
And most of them only know one assistants name, so that's who we should hire.
Its an older reference, but Joe Lee Dunn was always who we should get as a defensive coordinator, up until the day he retired from NAIA, and a couple years after. .
Or Rock Oliver should be the new S&C coach for any and all sports.
Oops. I was guilty of the Rock Oliver one. Lol

Several options are out there, but I'd look a the younger tier of guys who are mainly recruiters with 0 ties to UK. I don't want them to have Kentucky ties--rather they have ties with Pope from the basketball world. Could be a HS coach who is at a top program, an AAU connected guy, young up and comer in CBB, but Jai Lucas was not what his Dad/Brother were and he's lived on his last name to move up the ladder and at Duke, he simply does what Chin Coleman did at UK--make sure he stays in contact with the people who he's told to contact and outside people have set up for the program to land.

Lucas lacks player development abilities of his Dad/Brother but that name has opened doors. He's brought little to Duke's recruiting. They were an established force on the trail before he got there and UK improved upon him leaving. He was better than what Cal had but so were many people on this site.
Thank you for insight I really do appreciate it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT