ADVERTISEMENT

Murray prediction

Guys, know it's the offseason but why get all worked up about something so easy to predict? I mean it's 50-50 right now no matter how you split it because he's visited 2 schools and will pick one. This same twitter account will go on record as calling their shot--and they've been pretty solid. It would be one thing if them calling Jaylen Brown was only outlet doing so--look what Matt Jones said same day. Also of note-this account is lone one mentioning that it's a Duke-UK battle for Jayson Tatum and too close to call.....while everyone else in media is talking Duke-SLU---so found that interesting. I think Tatum is doing right thing talking up hometown team but he's not going to go there and do the "Larry Hughes" because people forget Larry's little brother was ill and that played a factor.

For talk of 2 Murray visits to Oregon--fine--he went unofficially before UK showed interest and after on official when he figured he owed it to school that was involved earliest and has a lot of his ex-teammates/friends on it from Canada. UK got the first official and I think a decision will be made in next 2 weeks and best thing for UK is he waits until after the Draft--seeing a lot of UK guys going in 1st Round--well above projected slots entering college (Devin Booker) and chance at 5 first Rounders, 7 get drafted, that can't hurt when weighing things--especially if for the 3rd time in Calipari era they have #1 overall pick with good chance at next year being #4 (Skal) and did Murray not say that was a goal of his?

Hang in there, take info for what it is and not every non UK prediction is intended with malice, and Murray has not committed after any visit--he's only committed to reclassifying-which I think UK chances go up with time to consider all options.

At this point, I'm done with the whole Murray thing. It's nearly halfway through June and we're seemingly no closer to a decision from him. I think he loves the attention and will drag this out as long as humanly possible. If he comes here, great, I'll cheer for him just as I would any UK player, but if he chooses to play in effing Eugene, Oregon, then good luck to him in his pursuit of a 20 win season and an NIT berth.

n-1355_2685331314015821.jpg

Still have to think its UK at this point; IF he reclasses. If not, I think its Oregon; if he even plays college ball.

Call me naive or way too optimistic, but I fully believe it's 1 of 2 scenarios for Murray.

1) He re-classes to 2015, and chooses to play for the Kentucky Wildcats.

2) He stays 2016, plays his last year at prep school, and declares for the 2016 draft at the end of the year.

Reactions: gracetoyou and BBUK
Call me naive or way too optimistic, but I fully believe it's 1 of 2 scenarios for Murray.

1) He re-classes to 2015, and chooses to play for the Kentucky Wildcats.

2) He stays 2016, plays his last year at prep school, and declares for the 2016 draft at the end of the year.

You're naive and way too optimistic....but...

His dad said he is doing everything he can to reclassify, so unless there are some issues with his grades, etc. I don't see any reason why he won't be in college this coming year.

If he doesn't go to college this year, I highly doubt he goes next year. He will be in the draft in 2016 regardless of what he does for the 2015-16 season, IMHO.

Why wait another year if you don't have to? Unless his stock drops big time, why would he put it off another year?

At this point, I'm done with the whole Murray thing. It's nearly halfway through June and we're seemingly no closer to a decision from him. I think he loves the attention and will drag this out as long as humanly possible. If he comes here, great, I'll cheer for him just as I would any UK player, but if he chooses to play in effing Eugene, Oregon, then good luck to him in his pursuit of a 20 win season and an NIT berth.

This is crazy thinking.

1 - Murray doesn't love attention at all, probably the opposite. He keeps everything super close to the vest and rarely does interviews, didn't have a twitter until someone made a fake account using his name, etc.

2 - He is not dragging it out...he is still not reclassified so no decision until that happens. These things take time. Also, his recruitment totally changed after the NHS so he didn't have his ducks (jk) in a row and is behind.

If anything, you're acting like a drama queen with your "I want you, fine I hate you" attitude.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
HIs visiting other schools is frustrating for us but you have to look at it from his perspective. We forget these kids are not from Kentucky. They haven't grown up UK fans. Sure, they know what it means to get an offer from us, but for most of them it's not like we offer and they just decide right then and there to commit. At least now we can look forward to Jerry Meyer changing his pick to Michigan and then whomever he visits after that.

Coach Cal is patiently waiting.

Right now he knows he has a good team without Murray, but with him he has an excellent team.

Cal is not desperate. He knows adding Murray will make us better, but we will be pretty good without him.

I'm starting to get a Dante Exum vibe from Murray. Had a great hoop summit and hid away until the draft. Players are starting to get on campus and he's still planning on making more visits? He'll be behind wherever he goes and less chance to make huge impact immediately. His stock might be as high as it will ever get and he can answer doubts about his competitiveness with being rushed to reclassify and guard heavy teams recruiting him as reasons why he went to prep school. That would be my thinking if I was a 'handler'. If he is really looking to go to school this year, I think we are the team to beat.

I'm starting to get a Dante Exum vibe from Murray. Had a great hoop summit and hid away until the draft. Players are starting to get on campus and he's still planning on making more visits? He'll be behind wherever he goes and less chance to make huge impact immediately. His stock might be as high as it will ever get and he can answer doubts about his competitiveness with being rushed to reclassify and guard heavy teams recruiting him as reasons why he went to prep school. That would be my thinking if I was a 'handler'. If he is really looking to go to school this year, I think we are the team to beat.
Dude his stock can get a lot higher just by playing at Kentucky

Dude his stock can get a lot higher just by playing at Kentucky

Sure. But there is also the chance it drops at UK while the chance of that happening in prep school is little. He's not a center and doesn't possess elite athleticism. If he has a bad shooting month he could drop.

Sure. But there is also the chance it drops at UK while the chance of that happening in prep school is little. He's not a center and doesn't possess elite athleticism. If he has a bad shooting month he could drop.

Just like D. Booker...

Yeah, but how high is his NBA stock really? I mean, even after that game, all the gurus have him ranked around #12 in the '16 class. It's not like the kid is getting Exum love.

Considering how well Calipari does with freshmen, he could definitely help his stock a lot more by coming to UK.

Reactions: brianpoe
And why bother working to reclassify if you are just going to stay in prep school then declare for the NBA draft?

His stock is pretty good right now, so he could go to prep school and not expose himself to real competition and still get drafted.

He wants to go to college this year, IMHO.

I think he is just finishing tying up loose ends academically and visiting some schools in the meantime.

Remember, you can't just show up to college and take classes, you have some red tape to get through.

He probably couldn't have enrolled in June anyway, he probably didn't have all his paperwork ready.

Paul Biancardi said he's thinking about visiting Michigan and a couple of other schools.

A Michigan alumni says they are expecting a visit from him at some point.

Oregon visit was expected....more visits is concerning to me.

The reclassification makes UK favorite. ..he wasn't even thinking 2015 until UK came calling....food for thought

I'm with you gracetoyou the visits are very concerning this LATE in the recruitment.

I think its wide open were he attends, I see no favorite right now, the longer it draws out its not good for Kentucky.

I don't see it that way. Why isn't it bad news for Oregon too? Or Michigan if he takes another one after that? Don't see the logic in the length of time until he commits being negative for us.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT