ADVERTISEMENT

murray is the real deal

I wouldn't say yuck but it is not great . Canada, Brazil had more talent then the USA roster but the USA roster from top to bottom is the best IMO in these games .
The US roster is hot garbage. I saw that roster, laughed and expected Canada to beat them

Curry's what 6'2, 6'3? Murray's supposed to be 6'5. Ok never mind I just looked it up. Said Curry's 190. But I'm still going by when he was in college. When Curry played at Davidson he wasn't 190 lol. Or I didn't think he was anyways. Apparently he was 180 in college. I was thinking at Davidson he was only like 165-170.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBossIsBack
This won't be a very exciting comparison, but his game reminds me of Jordan Crawford.

When Murray committed we knew we had something special based off what we saw at the Hoop Summit. Murray's stock is skyrocketing right now and his play over the past four days has confirmed what we all were hoping...that Murray could consistently have that kind of impact on a game. At this point I think he's even exceeded the high expectations post Hoop Summit and the Pan-Am games have been pretty awesome for his exposure.

Jamal Murray is a rare prospect. Usually for a freshman PG, you are hoping they can come in and learn the offense and adjust to the speed of the game. Murray IS the offense, or he can be your offense. If we need a bucket, the ball will be in Murray's hands and he won't mess around and let the shot clock expire. He will not have to adjust to anything, he sets the pace out there and his runner going left into the lane is unstoppable. Get greedy on that floater and Lee or Poythress will lift off and cram lobs. He and Ulis are just going to be lethal setting up the offense, this really should be our highest scoring and most efficient offensive season under Coach Cal.

I hope Briscoe is ready to accept the role of Sixth Man of the year. I really don't see Cal starting a 1-3 of 5'9, 6'3, 6'5. Plus I love having a great scorer off the bench. Our great teams have all had guys who accepted roles that were lesser or at least perceived that way. Liggins, Lamb, Miller, MKG, Poythress, Booker all took on the role of 6th man at UK. I mention MKG because he did come off the bench in couple games if I remember correctly, and I have no doubt he would've come off the bench all year had it been asked of him. It may be tough for an alpha dog like Briscoe to accept coming off the bench, but you can still be an OAD lottery pick without starting a game and if he is getting 25+ minutes then there should be no problem. I'm projecting Matthews to start as it makes a lot more sense defensively, which some are forgetting after falling in love with the idea of a 3 PG offense. We will see the trio of PGs on the floor together at times, but for the most part I think Cal will rotate the 3 of them at the 1 and 2.

Briscoe is not going to be the Sixth man. He might not shoot as good as Murray but he is just as good or better in everything else.

Na I think we'll start all 3 guards. You know unless Mathews comes out like a bat outta hell and is a pure freaking beast.

We'll start Ulis, Briscoe, and Murray.

Most everyone agrees with that, each of them provide huge and critical piece and actually matches up with each other.

Should be fun to watch next year.

We'll start Ulis, Briscoe, and Murray.

Most everyone agrees with that, each of them provide huge and critical piece and actually matches up with each other.

Should be fun to watch next year.

Agree. Our backcourts will be best in countries. Im anxious to see how Briscoe gel with the rest of player on the teams. If this team come togethers they will be hard to beaten. Cal have lot of option. Ulis will be the keys. As Cal say, "this is he teams". I have confidence in Ulis to leader this teams. He have basketball IQ and bball smarters. Going to be a greatest year! Go Bigs Blues!

ADVERTISEMENT