ADVERTISEMENT

Mounjaro/Ozempic weight loss

I ran 6 miles this morning and lift 3 times a week. But I sometimes have trouble getting out of a car or off the couch if it’s low to the ground. Think I need to incorporate some mobility work into the equation. lol
I can't run anymore. I bet I could work my way up to it, but I get a lot of walking in at work. I tried to play basketball back in the summer with some buddies. I miss playing ball more than anything. It's what I did daily for years. I like the competition and could hold my own very well. I couldn't play with those guys. I'm sure I coulda "old man gamed" my way through it but it's not my style. It shook me watching those guys play knowing that if I could move like I used to that it would've been over for them, lol. And those dudes were in their 20's.

Reactions: roguemocha
What is planked ? Idk what that is 🍺
Google planking. And that record the 77 year old marine set was actually finally beat this year.
Good lord you seem like a miserable person

I expected better from you but this sounds like a diatribe from a 16 year old girl
-Actually super happy, at the moment, life man.

And this is coming from the guy eating Cracker Barrel thanksgiving with extra gravy and biscuits alone by himself in his 50s I’m guessing. Wow, just wow.

And no it doesn’t, no 16 year old knows about that stuff. It sounds like a school and self-educated person telling you the truth on health and fitness.

-I’m at the gym right now smashing glutes and abs Brodies.

-“Being overweight in midlife has been linked to greater risk of developing Alzheimer's disease or dementia, and a new study shows that brain changes in obese people mirror some of those with Alzheimer's.” Jan 31, 2023

I read further and obesity and Alzheimer’s have the same deleterious affect on gray matter which is what causes cognitive decline.

Maybe go listen to Freddie Maggard and see how important that Cracker Barrel and gallon of gravy are….

I eat gravy for sure, but I earn it.

-So you all can look forward to losing control of your mind as well as your body and self-discipline in the coming years, that should be fun!
I'm mid 50s and statins are wrecking my joints but I still do physical stuff at work and try to throw in about 3 days of pushups and dumbells at the house. Doesn't take long. I have to do the perfect pushups because my shoulders and wrists take a beating the traditional way. Just graduated recently from off my knees, lol but I'm getting gains. The big thing for anyone is to just move, man. I don't wanna be looking at 20 years down the road and can't get off the couch. Just do SOMETHING. What works for some doesn't work for others but we just can't sit there and expect to be moving well the older we get. I just saw a vid where a 62 yo Marine vet planked for 8 hours. Dude was jacked. That's some good motivation right there.
Man, my doctor saw my cholesterol two lab work ups ago and being carnivore and on TRT of course my cholesterol was up. He asks “do you want statins?”

I looked at him like he had two heads and said, “NO, what’re you talking about? I’ll just change my diet and appetite.”

Him, “well if you take statins you don’t have to change anything.”

I asked, “Do you not ask about and recommended diet and exercise first?”

He said, “I used to but no one wants to hear that they just want pills and not change their lifestyle.”

I changed off carnivore and incorporated foods with lower cholesterol and fat like going from whole milk to skim, red meat to chicken, turkey, fish, etc. added in some veggies and viola lab work was perfect last time.

^see how that works gang?

70-80% of ALL your cholesterol comes from your own body. Cholesterol IS NOT the problem. Cholesterol is the key ingredient to like 80% of cell building/functioning.

It’s there to repair problems in the heart. Now if you already have a bunch of problems, blockages, thinning arterial walls, etc then cholesterol can compound the problem.

Statins are a joke in my opinion and they keep lowering the WNL threshold so they can keep putting everyone on them. They do way more harm than good for the average person under 70, unless of course you’re obese and have tons of comorbidities or something.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Google planking. And that record the 77 year old marine set was actually finally beat this year.

-Actually super happy, at the moment, life man.

And this is coming from the guy eating Cracker Barrel thanksgiving with extra gravy and biscuits alone by himself in his 50s I’m guessing. Wow, just wow.

And no it doesn’t, no 16 year old knows about that stuff. It sounds like a school and self-educated person telling you the truth on health and fitness.

-I’m at the gym right now smashing glutes and abs Brodies.

-“Being overweight in midlife has been linked to greater risk of developing Alzheimer's disease or dementia, and a new study shows that brain changes in obese people mirror some of those with Alzheimer's.” Jan 31, 2023

I read further and obesity and Alzheimer’s have the same deleterious affect on gray matter which is what causes cognitive decline.

Maybe go listen to Freddie Maggard and see how important that Cracker Barrel and gallon of gravy are….

I eat gravy for sure, but I earn it.

-So you all can look forward to losing control of your mind as well as your body and self-discipline in the coming years, that should be fun!

Man, my doctor saw my cholesterol two lab work ups ago and being carnivore and on TRT of course my cholesterol was up. He asks “do you want statins?”

I looked at him like he had two heads and said, “NO, what’re you talking about? I’ll just change my diet and appetite.”

Him, “well if you take statins you don’t have to change anything.”

I asked, “Do you not ask about and recommended diet and exercise first?”

He said, “I used to but no one wants to hear that they just want pills and not change their lifestyle.”

I changed off carnivore and incorporated foods with lower cholesterol and fat like going from whole milk to skim, red meat to chicken, turkey, fish, etc. added in some veggies and viola lab work was perfect last time.

^see how that works gang?

70-80% of ALL your cholesterol comes from your own body. Cholesterol IS NOT the problem. Cholesterol is the key ingredient to like 80% of cell building/functioning.

It’s there to repair problems in the heart. Now if you already have a bunch of problems, blockages, thinning arterial walls, etc then cholesterol can compound the problem.

Statins are a joke in my opinion and they keep lowering the WNL threshold so they can keep putting everyone on them. They do way more harm than good for the average person under 70, unless of course you’re obese and have tons of comorbidities or something.
Dude you seriously need to look in the mirror or double check your posts you are all over the place.

Freddie Maggard’s condition is likely due to concussions and military service - say what you want about him and his current condition but he’s contributed more to his state and country than you ever will.

And you’re going to sit here like a pseudo doctor and tell me none of the jacked/test/etc you’ve ingested/injected has zero mental or physical side effects other than your unorthodox behavior on a message board?

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Dude you seriously need to look in the mirror or double check your posts you are all over the place.

Freddie Maggard’s condition is likely due to concussions and military service - say what you want about him and his current condition but he’s contributed more to his state and country than you ever will.
-If I look in the mirror I’m stuck for a couple hours, hard to turn away from this physique bruh.

-I am a pseudo doctor, I was an ICU & ED RN that has spent years researching and testing supps, workout programs, diets etc. yeah that’s kind of how you obtain knowledge bud. And you could honestly learn a lot from the FITYERO thread.

-I think one of the biggest problems in here is the lack of knowledge and education on fitness. It’s not your fault but it would help to learn. For example, someone didn’t even know what a plank was 🤯, going to be tough to get in shape if you have zero clue on the basics. We’re here for you, just not this thread bubba.

-Yes Freddie’s is from concussion, you know what those do? Of course you don’t, but that’s okay.

So you know how I said obesity does the same thing to the brains gray matter as Alzheimer’s and Dementia? Oh well, guess what, so do concussions! TBIs reduce total gray matter and basically make the brain smaller.

“Single concussion associated with reduced white, grey matter and total cortical volume. Cortical thinning, primarily in left frontal areas, also observed. No differences were observed in the cerebellum or subcortical structures. A single concussion induces measurable changes in brain structure.May 22, 2017“

Facts.

Testosterone has been studied for decades. They know very well what it’s affects on the brain and body are. This isn’t some fly-by-night drug that you’d love to inject yourself with without knowing ANY long term effects.

It does affect you mentally, correct. It keeps your mood up, decreases anxiety and depression, helps sleep, etc.

They’ve been studying it since at least 1771 (the affects have been known since literally antiquity though) and very scientifically since the 20s so yeah only 100+ years of research on it. How’d that long term Ozempic trial go? Oh wait we have ZERO idea what it will do.

Jack3d doesn’t exist anymore, actually since the Aughts so yeah that was 20 years ago Brody.

Do you want to keep questioning whether or not I know what I’m talking about or do you need 98 more examples to read while you eat biscuits and gravy for the 4th time this week?

-What do I need to double check? I started out being nice and trying to help but you all copped to being lazy, fat, self-loathing PsOS that want a miracle and not put any effort in.

Well, if your kids said that about school or sports you’d tell them to buck the eff up and it’s going to take effort and self-discipline to get the grades and sports accolades they want.

But for yourself, you have zero desire to help yourself so I said eff em. He’s a lazy loser that doesn’t deserve kind words or help because he’s not willing to lift a finger for himself. So you’ll always be what you are now, unhappy with yourself. Enjoy.

• Wow
Reactions: Mossip
-If I look in the mirror I’m stuck for a couple hours, hard to turn away from this physique bruh.

-I am a pseudo doctor, I was an ICU & ED RN that has spent years researching and testing supps, workout programs, diets etc. yeah that’s kind of how you obtain knowledge bud. And you could honestly learn a lot from the FITYERO thread.

-I think one of the biggest problems in here is the lack of knowledge and education on fitness. It’s not your fault but it would help to learn. For example, someone didn’t even know what a plank was 🤯, going to be tough to get in shape if you have zero clue on the basics. We’re here for you, just not this thread bubba.

-Yes Freddie’s is from concussion, you know what those do? Of course you don’t, but that’s okay.

So you know how I said obesity does the same thing to the brains gray matter as Alzheimer’s and Dementia? Oh well, guess what, so do concussions! TBIs reduce total gray matter and basically make the brain smaller.

“Single concussion associated with reduced white, grey matter and total cortical volume. Cortical thinning, primarily in left frontal areas, also observed. No differences were observed in the cerebellum or subcortical structures. A single concussion induces measurable changes in brain structure.May 22, 2017“

Facts.

Testosterone has been studied for decades. They know very well what it’s affects on the brain and body are. This isn’t some fly-by-night drug that you’d love to inject yourself with without knowing ANY long term effects.

It does affect you mentally, correct. It keeps your mood up, decreases anxiety and depression, helps sleep, etc.

They’ve been studying it since at least 1771 (the affects have been known since literally antiquity though) and very scientifically since the 20s so yeah only 100+ years of research on it. How’d that long term Ozempic trial go? Oh wait we have ZERO idea what it will do.

Jack3d doesn’t exist anymore, actually since the Aughts so yeah that was 20 years ago Brody.

Do you want to keep questioning whether or not I know what I’m talking about or do you need 98 more examples to read while you eat biscuits and gravy for the 4th time this week?

-What do I need to double check? I started out being nice and trying to help but you all copped to being lazy, fat, self-loathing PsOS that want a miracle and not put any effort in.

Well, if your kids said that about school or sports you’d tell them to buck the eff up and it’s going to take effort and self-discipline to get the grades and sports accolades they want.

But for yourself, you have zero desire to help yourself so I said eff em. He’s a lazy loser that doesn’t deserve kind words or help because he’s not willing to lift a finger for himself. So you’ll always be what you are now, unhappy with yourself. Enjoy.
Speaking of gravy did you know Cracker Barrel has loaded hash brown potatoes bites? Dip those in some gravy!

You had lab work done on a viola?

Does testosterone affect your ability to know the difference between affects and effects?

Hey, you got it right this time!

Looks like that correct usage was an outlier.

The big lawfirm by me in Albany is starting to air tv commercials for Ozempic and Wegovy, asking to contact them if they experience the following symptoms:

- Gastroparesis/stomach paralysis
- Intestinal obstruction
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism

They are sort of ambulance chasers, however they are very successful and they wouldn't be airing advertisements for this unless there was something there.

I'm telling you, you can't just take a pill and drop 30lbs and NOT have something seriously altered in your body. This drug may be needed for some, but those people are trying to cure another issue.

I wouldn’t do anything that slows digestion. If I was Fat, I would drink only water, and eat only meat, fruit, broccoli, Brussels, cauliflower and maybe some pecans, pumpkin seeds, cashews, and walnuts. Id would stretch daily, lift weights 4 days a week, 100 push ups a day. And meditate 20 minutes a day to fend off endorphin cravings, which is what food is for fat people. When The brain is unhealthy it starts craving endorphins or serotonin. The Easiest way to get it, is fast food, drugs and beer. But, it comes at a big price.

Study show people that can rep out 20 push ups have a drastic reduction in heart disease. Repping 40 push ups and there is a 96% reduction in chance of heart disease

Last edited:
I wouldn’t do anything that slows digestion. If I was Fat, I would drink only water, and eat only meat, fruit, broccoli, Brussels, cauliflower and maybe some pecans, pumpkin seeds, cashews, and walnuts. Id would stretch daily, lift weights 4 days a week, 100 push ups a day. And meditate 20 minutes a day to fend off endorphin cravings, which is what food is for fat people. When The brain is unhealthy it starts craving endorphins or serotonin. The Easiest way to get it, is fast food, drugs and beer. But, it comes at a big price.

Study show people that can rep out 20 push ups have a drastic reduction in heart disease. Repping 40 push ups and there is a 96% reduction in chance of heart disease
If you have that level of discipline then you're not going to be obese for very long.

Heck it's not even having a strict diet. Just don't eat like shit 80% of the time. After I had my first kid, I was pretty much tied to the house, so no going out for football sundays. I mixed in some salads with meat, but, we still would get pizza, and I'd still have my bourbon.. Even just those SLIGHT changes to my lifestyle, I lost like 5 lbs in a month and I'd say I hardly put in any effort. I just DIDN'T have wings and beer for a few sundays in a row.. that was it.

Heck it's not even having a strict diet. Just don't eat like shit 80% of the time. After I had my first kid, I was pretty much tied to the house, so no going out for football sundays. I mixed in some salads with meat, but, we still would get pizza, and I'd still have my bourbon.. Even just those SLIGHT changes to my lifestyle, I lost like 5 lbs in a month and I'd say I hardly put in any effort. I just DIDN'T have wings and beer for a few sundays in a row.. that was it.
Agreed. I think an 80 percent clean diet would help everyone. But, if i was 300 pounds and on the verge of diabetes, severe inflammation, pre-cancer, heart issues and no energy, I would go 100 percent clean with moderate exercise

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
There's also rumblings that GLP1s are helping with more than just addictive eating habits. They're muting other addictions like drinking and smoking. Wild stuff.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Agree. One of the Ky Taste Buds said “You can’t outrun a fork” this morning. 😀

Like one set of 40 or sets of 40? Sets of 40 would be brutal.
40 in a row. Studies show if a person can do 40 push ups in a row, they have a 96 percent reduced chances of heart issues.

When I read this, I got started on push ups. I can now do 40 in a row. I was at 25 in the beginning and every morning I would drop down and push up until failure. I think it took about 6 months to work up to 40. Now, I can take a week off and still crank 40 reps.

40 in a row. Studies show if a person can do 40 push ups in a row, they have a 96 percent reduced chances of heart issues.

When I read this, I got started on push ups. I can now do 40 in a row. I was at 25 in the beginning and every morning I would drop down and push up until failure. I think it took about 6 months to work up to 40. Now, I can take a week off and still crank 40 reps.
First, nice job getting up to 40. But second, I don’t think the getting up to 40 alone is what reduces heart issues. It’s that most people who can do 40 are in good shape overall and therefore have reduced heart problem risk.

40 pushups is outstanding! Are you getting your face to about an inch of the ground on each rep? If not, 40 is still a tremendous accomplishment.

Reactions: Kingseve1
First, nice job getting up to 40. But second, I don’t think the getting up to 40 alone is what reduces heart issues. It’s that most people who can do 40 are in good shape overall and therefore have reduced heart problem risk.

If You Can Do 40 Pushups, You’re Less Likely to Have Cardiovascular Disease​

A recent study released by the Harvard Department of Environmental Health claims an association between the number of pushups a person can do and the likelihood of suffering from a cardiovascular event. According to the study, participants were able to do 40 or more pushups were 96% less likely to have cardiovascular disease than participants who could do 10 or less.

With the findings of this study in mind, the guys at Who Cares About Men’s Health wanted to learn how to improve their pushup form and learn the best strategies to increase the amount of pushups they could do. So they brought in an expert.

Dr. Ernie Rimer is a certified strength and conditioning coach and the Director of Sports Science for University of Utah Athletics. He works with the elite athletes on the university sports teams and as such, happens to know a bit about pushups.

What Makes a Good Pushup?​

According to Ernie, the technique of your pushups is more important than the number you can do. The form is crucial to get the strength benefits of the exercise. Doing fewer pushups with good technique will be more beneficial than doing a lot of pushups with bad form.

In general, there are a few things to keep in mind with your pushup form:

• Keep your body straight during the full movement.One of the biggest benefits of a pushup is that it can work your whole body if done correctly. Make sure your abs and core are engaged in a plank position during the pushup.
  • Put your elbows in a neutral position.Elbows should be bending at a “neutral position” or somewhere around 45-degrees from the body. If the elbows are too close or too wide, it can put undue pressure on your joints, especially when you’re first starting strength training.
  • Chin Up, Chest to the Ground.To really work your chest and feel that stretch, focus on getting making your chest touch the ground before your chin. Try looking ahead of you rather than down at the ground.
  • Don’t let your hips dip.As the body starts to tire, you may find it difficult to keep your hips in a straight line with your body. If your hips touch the ground first, you’re not working your chest. Try engaging your abs more or take a break between sets to make sure you keep proper form and really condition your upper body.

How to Increase the Number of Pushups You Can Do​

For people who struggle to do even ten pushups, Ernie suggests two strategies to train your body to do more:

It’s important to keep the same form as a regular pushup when doing these modified exercises. Make sure to keep your upper body straight, chin up, and don’t let your hips dip.

Say you want to set a goal of 40 pushups in one set. Start by doing as many pushups as you possibly can with good form. Write down the number, and take a break. Once you’ve recovered do another set until failure. Repeat these sets until you reach 40 pushups total. It may take a bit of time, but you’ve worked your body through the same volume of pushups as your goal.

Next time you work on your pushups, review the number of reps and sets, then push yourself to complete the total number of pushups in fewer sets. You’ll eventually find that you’re able to do the full amount of pushups in fewer and fewer sets until one day you’ll be able to do your goal in a single set.

1. Start From the Knees
    If your upper body is not yet strong enough to do a high volume of pushups, modify the pushup by placing your knees on the ground. This will reduce the amount of weight your arms are pushing until they’re strong enough to handle your whole body weight.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Above is a copy and paste. Thats the best I can. I do not know how to link an article

I would assume there is nothing magic about 40 pushups. Pushups (like pullups) are exercises that require a certain amount of physical fitness to complete. If you can do a dead hang pullup, you are in at least decent overall shape. You can, however, bench press 450 and be a fat, unhealthy slob.

I would assume there is nothing magic about 40 pushups. Pushups (like pullups) are exercises that require a certain amount of physical fitness to complete. If you can do a dead hang pullup, you are in at least decent overall shape. You can, however, bench press 450 and be a fat, unhealthy slob.
Guys at the gym always used to throw around huge weights and they weren’t muscular, just more fat. They were fat strong.

Have fun dying by 65.

rT7fJS.gif

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I did the 100 push-up challenge (google it) before I got married and got up to 75 in a row after 6 weeks. I’ve done it a couple times since then but I can’t now due to neck issues from work (can’t do tons of stuff which really sucks) but there are so many variations and push-up workouts that are great. One of the more depressing things I’ve had to eliminate them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT