ADVERTISEMENT

Maverick Rowan spurns UL over NC State

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
WOW, Pet actually bought the 8 NBA players BS, lmao!!!! Even writers with no bias against Pitino laughed at that one. Rick himself doesn't believe it along with most of the UL fan base according to the thread I read on the Hall or whatever that site is called, and everyone was saying that that was way to high, with the Rick slurpers saying it was only a little high with 3-4 players being more realistic. Pet is the first one to admit to believing that BS, and he's admitting on RR. It's going to be tough to live down being the one to say that this UL team has 8 players on that team in the NBA! Pet, if you don't mind, please list the 8 players that you think will turn pro, and why you don't need a top50 recruit, if for nothing else that to have a big body to work out against your future lotto players, lol.

I know you are being sarcastic but that is pretty true. While it would have been nice to add him we really didn't need him. Rick has already stated we have 8 future NBA players on our roster. Not really sure how much he would have played anyways. Not sure I'd say we didn't want him but we really didn't need him. It's a little different. I have not heard if we pulled the scholarship offer or not but it's possible being that he took forever figuring out what he was doing.

Why in the hell do Louisville fans insist by calling all their players and coaches by their first names? Do Alabama fans call Saban "Nick"? Do Duke fans call Coach K "Mike"? It's bizarre.

Alot of our fans call Poythress, "Alex". I don't think that's such a big deal. When youre a part of BBN, you are family and family can refer to each other by first name. Im sure Louisville fans feel the same.

I get it when it's shorter, like Skal or Alex or Willie, or even when it's a unique first name or common last name like Dakari Johnson, but no one called them John or DeMarcus or whatever. Louisville fans are consistent, and it's especially weird with the coaches.

Alot of our fans call Poythress, "Alex". I don't think that's such a big deal. When youre a part of BBN, you are family and family can refer to each other by first name. Im sure Louisville fans feel the same.

I don't recall many calling him "Alex," but anyway, the point is Louisville fans do it with all of their players for some reasons. And they call Pitino "Rick." Odd bunch.

I know you are being sarcastic but that is pretty true. While it would have been nice to add him we really didn't need him. Rick has already stated we have 8 future NBA players on our roster. Not really sure how much he would have played anyways. Not sure I'd say we didn't want him but we really didn't need him. It's a little different. I have not heard if we pulled the scholarship offer or not but it's possible being that he took forever figuring out what he was doing.

Name those 8. You can't. They aren't there. You don't have them. I'd bet my life on that.

Maybe you buddy Jack Cappucino overrates Louisville basketball recruits?

Name those 8. You can't. They aren't there. You don't have them. I'd bet my life on that.

Maybe you buddy Jack Cappucino overrates Louisville basketball recruits?

Pitino has had just 8 LilBro players in the league long enough for a cup of coffee during his entire stay at Lilbro. So for him to say, now nearing the end of his career, that he will have 8 on this weakass team....well only the propaganda machine known as LilBro athletics could say that with a straight face.

The whole notion of LilBro's now longing for NBA success is really funny to me. The very definition of L1C4 means that this statement runs counter to everything they've been selling themselves.....during the Cal era...as an excuse for not having/wanting NBA placement success. Now suddenly they magically have 8 future pro's.....to coincide with our "8 NBA draftees" from this past seasons draft.

We have most wins in history...Jurich and the spin machine carves out a 4 year span where they have the most wins. Its really a psychological problem for which they should seek treatment.

I know you guys are all laughs at the fact that he chose to go elsewhere but objectively, he most likely saw the writing on the wall about his time at UofL. With all of the transfers we've brought in, the players we have, plus the players coming in, all of that with guys that Rick is going after in future classes, I have little doubt that Maverick saw that PT was going to be very hard to get here. Thus he figured he would go somewhere that PT was a little more guaranteed. It's just the nature of beast anymore. It used to be different but now a days kids take the easy route instead of the harder more challenging route. I have no ill will and wish the kid the best. Would have been nice to have him but I don't think he would have been much help.

ADVERTISEMENT