ADVERTISEMENT

Duke NC State game thread

With a win tomorrow this has got to lock us in to a three seed. I don’t understand the fascination with this Duke team.

Edit: changed seed to reflect what I actually meant

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Nc State Wolfpack GIF by NC State Athletics

Reactions: gharding07
If UK could edge their way into a 2 seed and have Duke as the 3, that would be terrific. Probably wouldn’t even end up playing them, they don’t look like a 2nd weekend team. They aren’t bad, they just don’t have much depth and they play too much through Filipowski. They have a point guard who is in love with his 3 point shot. Proctor is a good shooter, but he’s not the shooter he thinks he is. No shock that when Proctor plays well and his shot is falling, Duke tends to win. But I think Proctor gets a bunch of opportunities in the ACC and at home to play comfortably. He’s just not that hard to make uncomfortable though, especially now that he has to play away from the friendly confines.

Now that the regular season is over and the tournament is about to start, we have the luxury to sit here and say ok what’s your 3rd best win? Clemson? Syracuse? Wake Forest? They beat Michigan St. So that makes their resume Baylor and 4 bubble teams (3 at home, 1 neutral). Best road win is what? @Pitt? @NC State? What’s Kentucky’s 3rd best win? Gotta be @Auburn. Then there’s road wins over Miss St. and Florida, and a home run out win against Alabama. I don’t think Kentucky has a ton of great wins, but their resume still blows Duke’s out of the water.

Reactions: michaeluk26
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT