Matt Elam Recaps UK Visit

AndyPopCat

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Bluegrass, USA
twitter.com
April 17:

The University of Kentucky hosted several high profile recruits this past Saturday. They were in town, along with nearly 51,000 fans, to take in the Wildcats' annual Blue-White spring game. Among those in attendance was John Hardin's 4-star defensive tackle, Matt Elam. I exchanged a few texts with Matt about his experience.

"It was real nice," said Elam. "The fans were crazy. You can tell it's just a new feel. The fans. The coaches. The players. Everybody is excited and can't wait. Stoops is changing the program, already."

Matt confirmed that there were numerous recruits that also visited Louisville's spring game, which took place earlier in the day. However, he was not one of them. He does plan on going back to visit the Cardinals, though.

"Yes, a lot of them did, but I couldnt go because I had the ACT," Elam told me. "I was hearing a lot of people saying they were both crazy and had a lot of fans. I'll go up sometime later."

Link

I noticed this video on a tweeter account this morning about Matt. When you watch it notice the outfit his wearing during his weight training. ND needs two NT's to replace Nix and his back up next year. He would be playing on national TV every week, in front of 89,075 screaming fans at home games. He has ND in his top 3 and will take an official visit for the USC vs ND game. He will stay the weekend. I think it will come down to either UK or ND. In the end I think he will go with his heart and stay at home. I predict he will choose UK.

If UK coaches, recruits & momma aren't enough to keep him home he will be at Bama - no one else is close, IMO.
This post was edited on 9/14 8:15 PM by bluedynasty

Originally posted by bluedynasty:

If UK coaches, recruits & momma aren't enough to keep him home he will be at Bama - no one else is close, IMO.
This post was edited on 9/14 8:15 PM by bluedynasty
This post is still as accurate today as it was back on 9/14

I was also told that it would not be UK. I was also told he will be hit/miss. If someone can push him to play hard, he will be a beast, but has never been pushed or played that hard.

ADVERTISEMENT