ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Lil Bro is expanding FB stadium

The main culprit in revenue short fall is the projected TIF that was way over blown by the Arena Authority. The hope is as the area continues to develop, some of this revenue will start to make a difference. I'm sure when UofL's lease is up for renegotiation, adjustments will be made.
Try as they might I do not see downtown Louisville being the magnet they need it to be... Prices are inflated downtown and it doesn't feel safe to me down there... Still very dumpy and the City's energy is spread thin by business trying to find the next, hot location. I could be wrong, but don't think people are moving downtown... They need people there... Bottom line for me; the University is going to be at the mercy of the city it represents and because of that, they are in for one hell of a fight... Louisville has been take to the woodshed by the competition...

UL's athletics business and revenue model is totally different than UK's. Not sure that anyone mentioned that yet in all the praise of Tom Jurich.

One is a horse on steroids and other artificial enhancers, the other is on oats, hay, and water. We'll see long term which approach is better, the race isn't over.
Now we see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT