ADVERTISEMENT

Lloyd Tubman Update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody forms an opinion thinking they know all the facts...yet rarely do we know all the facts.

Sans Jamis Winston, every athlete we've heard about being accused of rape and/or sexual battery in the past year or so has been dismissed by their current school. I've yet to hear of any that were re-admitted when either not indicted or convicted.

While UL has accepted many kids giving them a second chance, they also dismissed Chris Jones when he was accused of the same thing.

You can bet that schools aren't dismissing these kids without first talking with legal counsel.
You can bet that if Jones had any eligibility and they WANTED him back he would be readmitted to school and the team

Everybody forms an opinion thinking they know all the facts...yet rarely do we know all the facts.

Sans Jamis Winston, every athlete we've heard about being accused of rape and/or sexual battery in the past year or so has been dismissed by their current school. I've yet to hear of any that were re-admitted when either not indicted or convicted.

While UL has accepted many kids giving them a second chance, they also dismissed Chris Jones when he was accused of the same thing.

You can bet that schools aren't dismissing these kids without first talking with legal counsel.

fuzz, I don't want to go back to get the story but wasn't Jones already in a problem with Rick BEFORE the other accusations came out?

fuzz, I don't want to go back to get the story but wasn't Jones already in a problem with Rick BEFORE the other accusations came out?
Yes... He was dismissed for curfew violations... but perhaps the other stuff was in the air via back channels...

So what? That does not make it similar to Tubman.
If you are going to jump in read the previous posts, some were saying he was graduated and gone from UK. The point was he was still here and living on campus.

So much angst and hand wringing over a kid that has never played a down of college football. UL signed a weak-side DE that ranked higher than Tubman in 2014. Just saying he's 1/85 players, a 3-star.

You all act like he's already ALL-SEC. Get over it.

Reactions: Cats78
So much angst and hand wringing over a kid that has never played a down of college football. UL signed a weak-side DE that ranked higher than Tubman in 2014. Just saying he's 1/85 players, a 3-star.

You all act like he's already ALL-SEC. Get over it.
Not true...It's a fairness thing and just because he is listed as a 3* does not mean he isn't an excellent prospect...Signed, Randall Cobb:cool:

You can bet that if Jones had any eligibility and they WANTED him back he would be readmitted to school and the team
Again, I'm waiting on the list of players suspened or dismissed from any university for rape/sexual assult that were later re-admitted to that same university.

Accusations and actual offenses, theft and cafeteria tirade, didn't affect a certain QB's status at FSU!! But FSU is a football school. UK is not!

Just to stick some facts onto the Chuck Hayes thing since it keeps being brought up:

-The incident he was involved in occured April 20th 2005
-Police were notified of it April 22
-Police stopped investigating the case due to lack of evidence & accuser stopped cooperating on May 5th
-Hayes graduated from UK and was no longer on scholarship or living on campus May 9th

Accusations and actual offenses, theft and cafeteria tirade, didn't affect a certain QB's status at FSU!! But FSU is a football school. UK is not!
Bet you my car & house Florida State, or any "football school" aint gonna get away with treating a player accused of sexual assault the way the Winston case happened today, or in the future.

As has been pointed out in this thread, Tennessee has booted a bunch of good football players due to allegations of violence towards women in the last year. And Alabama. And Auburn.

Do you not approve of how FSU supported Winston until ALL THE FACTS came out?

Just to stick some facts onto the Chuck Hayes thing since it keeps being brought up:

-The incident he was involved in occured April 20th 2005
-Police were notified of it April 22
-Police stopped investigating the case due to lack of evidence & accuser stopped cooperating on May 5th
-Hayes graduated from UK and was no longer on scholarship or living on campus May 9th

2005 is the key. Much different climate then. Although Im not sure what control the athletics department would've had over a player who had exhausted eligibility.

Just reported by Lonnie Demarie that Lloyd Tubman was banned from the UK campus for 5 years and all appeals had been exhausted.

His UK career is over. Sad.

It is amazing that a kid can lose his reputation on an accusation that could not be proven. The politics behind this is sickening and scary at the same time.

Schools other than UK take on less risk by allowing Tubman enroll because his accuser doesn't attend any of those schools. Why is that part lost on so many people? The university has as much (if not more) responsibility to the woman and her concerns over personal safety as to Tubman and his football prospects.

As I've said here in prior Tubman posts, he will find a landing spot, go to college for free, and have a shot at pro football if he's as good as everyone seems to think. Yes, he has to live with having been accused of sexual assault, but that would be as true here as anywhere. That cost is sunk. He'll never not be a guy that was accused of rape. It may not be fair but it's common sense.

Slugger and WildcatVeteran (+his alias) were correct all along. Hope the people that tried to call them out come back and admit they shouldn't have.

Reactions: Beavis606
Just reported by Lonnie Demarie that Lloyd Tubman was banned from the UK campus for 5 years and all appeals had been exhausted.

It is amazing that a kid can lose his reputation on an accusation that could not be proven. The politics behind this is sickening and scary at the same time.
On top of it being unfair, the whole logic behind the punishment is absurd. Why 5 years? If he raped a woman, does that mean they think he will outgrow that behavior in 5 years and it would be safe to have him on campus at that time? The whole things reeks of just trying to be politically correct in some way and to appease and potential critics. If they thought he was a risk on campus, then they wouldn't put a 5 year ban on him, it would be a permanent ban. I have lost a lot respect for my university today. I'm not they deserve support from the community when this is way they treat students.

5 years = the accuser can attend UK, graduate with a BA, and then attend graduate school for 2 yrs....after she is completely done Tubman is allowed on campus

5 years = the accuser can attend UK, graduate with a BA, and then attend graduate school for 2 yrs....after she is completely done Tubman is allowed on campus
Everything about that seems wrong. The fact that this young man's dream of playing football for UK, regardless of where he may end up, is shattered due to an allegation. Young men will have to adjust to the political climate.

But would he not be a threat to other women on campus? The accuser is not the only person at risk. It's a poorly thought out punishment if safety on campus is what it is trying to achieve. We all know that premise is laughable to begin with.

Did you ever stop to think that there may be something about the situation that you don't know?
Schools are often left to look like the bad guys because they are unable to disclose information that if known would put their decisions in a totally different light. While I don't know the details, I've been told that there is more to the story than what has been published.

Not true...It's a fairness thing and just because he is listed as a 3* does not mean he isn't an excellent prospect...Signed, Randall Cobb:cool:

No one said he doesn't have the prospects of being great, but at the same time we don't know for sure. He's only played at Seneca HS thus far.

Look you obviously are close to the situation. Here's an idea, quit stirring it up. Are you going to post weekly updates on his search for a new school? How about how he's doing adjusting at the new school? Then - hopefully - week by week updates on any stats or playing time?

Like I said earlier. Get over it. Or go cheer for Lloyd's new team instead.

Schools nowadays are over-reacting at what might happen. Here at the University of Oregon, we know first hand what happens when you take a player who was accused of sexual assault at one school, transfers to another school and then gets accused at their new school...the coach and the school get sued by the victim in the case and all hell breaks loose. In the Oregon case, the Austin case is still an ongoing investigation in Rhode Island, so different from Tubman in that sense.

Unfortunately, we live in a day and age where universities are not willing to risk their reputation on accusations. It's sad, but it's true.

Reactions: Beavis606
You're missing the important piece: Petrino is so used to PR failures, taking Tubman isn't even a risk for him. Petrino doesn't operate by the same set of rules because he's shameless, and has no fear of recourse.
No media outcry? I guess you missed the dozens of editorials and storys written on the matter.
Everything about that seems wrong. The fact that this young man's dream of playing football for UK, regardless of where he may end up, is shattered due to an allegation. Young men will have to adjust to the political climate.
Uk administration is dead wrong on this one. They judged Tubman guilty regardless of the fact that a court of law found him innocent, B.S.

I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees with that
I disagree with pretty much all of that.

I think the administration got it right, and no court of law found him innocent. It's semantics, but if you don't understand the difference between failing to indict and declaring innocence, you really should just stop posting on the topic.

I feel bad for Tubman, and I would like to believe he didn't do anything he knew to be wrong. But this is clearly the least negative outcome for everyone involved.

Did you ever stop to think that there may be something about the situation that you don't know?
Schools are often left to look like the bad guys because they are unable to disclose information that if known would put their decisions in a totally different light. While I don't know the details, I've been told that there is more to the story than what has been published.

Its still hard to swallow the rumor that there's more, yet no one used it in a court of law. I ain't buying what you are selling.

I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees with that
He was never found innocent. Do you think UK was looking for a reason to get rid of a good football player? You and I did not hear what was used as evidence at the school board, but whatever it was, the school board made a decision based upon that evidence. The standard is different. Did Tubman testify to the board? That might be a difference. Nonetheless, they decided he could not be a student there. They tell a bunch of kids every year that they can not be students at UK. Let's move on.

Reactions: Chuckinden
I disagree with pretty much all of that.

I think the administration got it right, and no court of law found him innocent. It's semantics, but if you don't understand the difference between failing to indict and declaring innocence, you really should just stop posting on the topic.

I feel bad for Tubman, and I would like to believe he didn't do anything he knew to be wrong. But this is clearly the least negative outcome for everyone involved.

Trust me, I understand full well the difference. You should probably read my multiple posts on this topic since the story broke, including the ones where I explained the process and how it was likely to play out; which came to fruition.

A student was kicked out of school because of unfair standard for men that currently exists in these cases. At worst for Tubman, this was his word vs hers. Why does she carry more credibility? It shouldn't.

The board that gave the punishment out was under obligation to BOTH parties. They just decided that the easiest path for this situation to go away, was to dismiss Lloyd for good. It was the path of least resistance.

It is sad all around.

Last edited:

The University of Kentucky administration didn't stand behind the player. They decided to take the word of the young lady over the young man. I was told the "details" favored the young man, but the best way to end the whole situation for UK was to dismiss the player.

Sad for all involved.

Feel terrible for Tubman. I'm sure he'll end up at UofL sacking Towles while Petrino has that smirk on his face. Great job UK, great job.........

This is exactly what I have been trying to tell you guys...My source told me Sunday that he will either be a wku or ul...It is a sad situation because he really wanted to stay at KENTUCKY:mad:

Given the injustice he has received I hope wherever he goes UK helps apply to the NCAA that Tubman should not have to sit out the 2015 season as a transfer, since that is being forced on him rather than by his choice

He may end up at Penn State with coach Franklin. Glad that coach Stoops recruited many outstanding players

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT