ADVERTISEMENT

Lloyd Tubman Update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for innocent til proven guilty.

Feel sorry for the young man. Grand jury returns no indictment and his school rewards him by banning him until his eligibility is gone.

Reactions: BengalWACO
I don't mean to rehash an old debate, but if the political climate will not allow UK to let him attend school, then why would that same logic not apply to any other school? He is an accused rapist, whether he is on our campus or any other campus. The logic just makes no sense. If he is considered a risk, he is a risk anywhere, not just at UK. I really wish a media outlet would put a little heat on UK to answer questions regarding the standard they apply in these situations. But it's not going to happen.

Sounds to me like he has the talent to play at any school in the country.

And he could have gotten a hung jury on a triple murder charge and still got into jurich and BPs "school".

The only reason he won't be there is if he should have any loyalty to UK------and why should he? But at UK I wouldn't expect anything else, I am among the first to hate the idea of coming anywhere near sinking to the level of jurich and his teacher's of lifes lessons, (not possible anyway), campaigned against BP here big time, but the disparity is getting ridiculous.

Let's hear something official. If UK is going to compete then play by the same rules. UK threw its football program into the gutter before in the name of false "morality". It is important that they support the players here or the whole thing will fail again.

Last edited:
Let's hear something official. If UK is going to compete then play by the same rules. UK threw its football into the gutter before in the name of false "morality". It is important that they support the players here or the whole thing will fail again.

100% correct and this is the type of thing that'll push Stoops out the door. If the school isn't going to support his players there's no need for him to be here.

I don't mean to rehash an old debate, but if the political climate will not allow UK to let him attend school, then why would that same logic not apply to any other school? He is an accused rapist, whether he is on our campus or any other campus. The logic just makes no sense. If he is considered a risk, he is a risk anywhere, not just at UK. I really wish a media outlet would put a little heat on UK to answer questions regarding the standard they apply in these situations. But it's not going to happen.

Because Petrino has taken way way worse. This isn't even a pr risk for him, especially when compared to other risks.

WKU hired Petrino a few years back. So it's obvious they'll win at all costs too.

UK isn't willing to take the risk. They are.

What risk????
My question exactly. What risk? There hasn't been any consequences at any of those schools that I remember for taking chances on kids. Why would UK not at least give the benefit of the doubt to one of their own? This kind of stuff really pisses me off.

Tubmans accuser attends UK, not wku or ul. She stands by her account, and UK is afraid of the media reaction.

Incredibly unfair to Lloyd and the football program.

Reactions: Backsidejug78
he is no longer enrolled at UK there is no reason for them to make a statement

so now all it takes is a girl saying so and so raped me and he's off the team? damn!! wasn't chuck hayes allowed to play after being 'accused of rape'?.....that's right he's a basketball player!!! what a frickin joke!!! like the above poster said , if the administration won't stand up and support these players then Stoops will be gone very shortly im afraid......

so now all it takes is a girl saying so and so raped me and he's off the team? damn!! wasn't chuck hayes allowed to play after being 'accused of rape'?.....that's right he's a basketball player!!! what a frickin joke!!! like the above poster said , if the administration won't stand up and support these players then Stoops will be gone very shortly im afraid......

Chuck was accused in the summer following his senior year. At that point, his eligibility was exhausted so UK gained nothing to "protect him". That one played out like a normal criminal process does. Since he graduated, UK couldn't ban him from school.

It would serve UK right if he did go to LV & came up big against us.
Think he is going to be outstanding
Chuck was accused in the summer following his senior year. At that point, his eligibility was exhausted so UK gained nothing to "protect him". That one played out like a normal criminal process does. Since he graduated, UK couldn't ban him from school.
he could probably go to a number of places because he is an excellent student... Just what I was told this morning... I just hope he goes to WKU so the yayhoos here in Louisville can't rub it in our faces...although I could understand Lloyd doing that for spite and I would not blame him one bit... The progressive yayhoos at UK seriously have no backbone while the administration at the University of Louisville can do anything they want and get by with it...

Last edited:
This is not going to end well for a lot of people.

When it was reported that Tubman had lost his appeal there was a thread on the UL board asking if he'd be an option for them. They scoffed at the notion and said some hateful things about the guy. It would be funny to see them rejoice if he does end up going there

He was out of eligibility. Plus it was a vastly different time. back when people didn't convict the man immediately upon accusation.

An interesting dynamic I pointed out in previous threads: this only happens when the accused is a man. Hope Solo got a 30 day suspension. And Brittney Griner still hasn't been punished, even though she already pled guilty to assaulting her girlfriend.

Does he play basketball? Cal could have him on scholarship in maybe 2-3 hours.

Right now these accusations alone are fatal. College and pro yes are cutting players based solely on accusations, when they include any violence against women. It sucks. But that's where we are.
This logic doesn't make any sense. If a pro team or a college team cuts a player because of the political climate, then that player would have the same issue at any other pro or college team. That other pro or college team would be taking a player accused of sexual assault. If sexual assault is the issue, it would follow the player wherever he went.

he is no longer enrolled at UK there is no reason for them to make a statement
I didn't ask why UK doesn't make a statement. I said the media should pursue the issue of how UK decides these issues and force UK to answer questions about its procedures and the standard it uses in such matters. I believe that is one of the purposes of a free press. They are there to make sure public institutions and government agencies use fair and consistent standards when they deal with people. As a taxpayer, I really want to know what standard they use and whether it is fair, impartial, and applied in a consistent manner to all cases. I doubt those questions can be answered in a satisfactory manner.

Reactions: kydan64
Right now these accusations alone are fatal. College and pro yes are cutting players based solely on accusations, when they include any violence against women. It sucks. But that's where we are.
That doesn't answer what the risk is. Agree, that's what's going on, but it doesn't say why doing otherwise is what risk.

There is literally no evidence that supports that it was a rape. If it wasn't a rape, she deserves to be kicked out of school just as much, if not more than Tubman.
To me, it sounded more like a pissed off ex-girlfriend who was upset that she gave it up to him and then him saying they're not getting back together.

The people who decide who stays and who goes should be ashamed of themselves if he's not allowed to continue his education at UK. I'd be the first to sign a petition to reinstate Tubman into the university and onto the team, because he's not been proven guilty of any crime.
There's just ask much "risk" of having him there as any other college student.

This logic doesn't make any sense. If a pro team or a college team cuts a player because of the political climate, then that player would have the same issue at any other pro or college team. That other pro or college team would be taking a player accused of sexual assault. If sexual assault is the issue, it would follow the player wherever he went.

You're missing the important piece: Petrino is so used to PR failures, taking Tubman isn't even a risk for him. Petrino doesn't operate by the same set of rules because he's shameless, and has no fear of recourse.

That doesn't answer what the risk is. Agree, that's what's going on, but it doesn't say why doing otherwise is what risk.

Tons of bad press, women's rights groups roasting you on social and main stream media, etc.

I think it's terrible too. But that's what you're looking at by allowing him to return. Right now, schools/franchises are terrified of this recourse.

There is literally no evidence that supports that it was a rape. If it wasn't a rape, she deserves to be kicked out of school just as much, if not more than Tubman.

This makes absolutely no sense. So if there isn't enough evidence to convict then the victim should be expelled? There might be no evidence of rape but there is even less evidence that the alleged victim did anything wrong. Certainly not to the extent of expelling her for speaking out.

Tons of bad press, women's rights groups roasting you on social and main stream media, etc.

I think it's terrible too. But that's what you're looking at by allowing him to return. Right now, schools/franchises are terrified of this recourse.

Schools and businesses would be better off if they would just learn to ignore this hollow threat of bad publicity. There is no chance that it would have any impact on the school either image wise or legally if Tubman were readmitted. These threats from these politically facists are just hollow threats. It's been proven over and over that nothing would happen if you just ignore them and tell them to go to hell.

Reactions: optimus-blue

So once again money wins out over what is right.

Reactions: martycat1

I could care less if you think it's terrible. Duke & U Va look like jackasses to the world for what they did to their students. That's what UK looks like over this if these reports are correct.

Schools and businesses would be better off if they would just learn to ignore this hollow threat of bad publicity. There is no chance that it would have any impact on the school either image wise or legally if Tubman were readmitted. These threats from these politically facists are just hollow threats. It's been proven over and over that nothing would happen if you just ignore them and tell them to go to hell.
Wasn't this the same reasoning for ul not hiring Petrino after all the scandal he went thru that the "image" of ul would be tarnished...Well...how is that working out..There has been NO media outcry about the hiring and there is evidence of all the stuff that Petrino did wrong and you really think that the media will question them taking Tubman...please!!!...They will be complicit and bend over for the emperor Jurich...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT