ADVERTISEMENT

Letterman Fans

2blue4u

Junior
Oct 28, 2003
Next week is it for Dave. Hard to imagine late night TV without him being part of it. Been watching his show for 25 plus years. Bill Murray is scheduled to be his last guest. Fitting, as he was Dave's first guest. Below is one of my favorite Murray appearances on Dave's show. Should be an emotional week for true fans.

I can really, truly say I don't find Letterman all that funny. Haven't watched him but a handful of times the entire run of his career.

Reactions: JohnBlue_
If I am ever up that late in the evening, you better believe I am doing something far more interesting than watching a late night talk show.

If I am ever up that late in the evening, you better believe I am doing something far more interesting than watching a late night talk show.

If you think 11:30 is "that late", no I don't believe you've ever done anything remotely interesting.

Bill Murray is scheduled to be his last guest. Fitting, as he was Dave's first guest.

Bill will be on Tuesday night (along with Bob Dylan, should be awesome) but the final show is Wednesday night. So Bill won't be the final guest unless Dave just doesn't have any guests on Wednesday night.

I haven't been keeping up but will probably watch these last three shows. Was a big fan back in the 80's & 90's not so much since. I have no idea who he has scheduled but it seems like the Foo Fighters would be there on the last night to close down the show. Pretty sure that's Letterman's favorite band.

Bill will be on Tuesday night (along with Bob Dylan, should be awesome) but the final show is Wednesday night. So Bill won't be the final guest unless Dave just doesn't have any guests on Wednesday night.

I'm not sure if Wednesday's show will have guests or not, but you'd think it would. Bill being the last guest was discussed when Howard Stern was on last week. During the interview, Howard began speculating on who the last guest would be. When he mentioned Bill, the logical chose, Dave's reaction was that of a person agreeing, though he didn't announce anything definite. Big secret , I guess. Not sure why this was the case, struck me as odd when I was watching it, but Dave's reaction seemed to let the cat of the bag. We'll see.

Been really interesting to watch the show the last month or so, as all of the show's best guest have made an appearance. Some of the guests have been overcome with emotion saying goodbye to Dave. Which isn't really all that interesting on it's own, but when you try to understand the reason behind their emotion, and how that relates to the pit in your stomach, things start to get interesting.

Norm McDonald's appearance the other night is an perfect example of the personal connection some have to the show. Norm's reaction was so out of character, Dave was taken aback by it.

Dave has never really been funny. Now he is just totally about himself and his views that he shuns half the audience.

After reading the responses in this thread, I'm glad I reconsidered starting that, "Happy Mother's Day Mom" thread last week.

Tough Crowd. Leno Fans?

Dave has never really been funny. Now he is just totally about himself and his views that he shuns half the audience.

True. I started watching him way back during his didn't-last-long daytime gig, and for many years on his late show he was fresh and unique, at the least... but his stuff really dropped off around the time he started banging his intern(s).

After reading the responses in this thread, I'm glad I reconsidered starting that, "Happy Mother's Day Mom" thread last week.

Tough Crowd. Leno Fans?
I don't think it so much Leno fans as it is not really liking Dave. I did early on but, last 10 years or so he became too political and almost hateful to the right. It is ok to poke fun of a party but he stopped poking fun and just became a political voice for the left.

Last edited:
Can totally relate to all the Letterman hate. I was a huge Magic Johnson fan until he got the HIV like some pinko hippy fag. And that essay he wrote on the legitimacy of Brown vs. Board just sealed the deal. BROWN DID NOT DEMONSTRATE THE SUPERIORITY OF DECISION-MAKING BY JUDGES ON ISSUES OF BASIC SOCIAL POLICY TO THAT OF ELECTED OFFICIALS MAGIC.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Wednesday's show will have guests or not, but you'd think it would.

Carson's last show had no guests. He talked to Ed and doc, had some behind the scenes tape and that was it.Wouldn't be surprised to see Dave follow in his footsteps.

I pity you people with no sense of humor. Yeah, Dave's been sucking for years. But twenty to thirty years ago when he still had his fastball, his show was the best thing on television. Influenced comedy even up to today.

Eddie Vedder was on the show last night. Got me thinking about old Pearl Jam performances on the show, and one stuck out in my mind.

Last edited:
Tom Waits is one of my favorite guests on the Late Show. Which is odd b/c I hate his music. I'm not sure what his political leanings are.

Last edited:
HaHaHa.....that was funny. I thought about adding a question mark. I think if someone else would have started the thread, more fans would have responded. You know, like one of the inclusive types from GYERO.

But then again....maybe not. Odd bunch around here. Extremely conservative and close-minded. Relatively speaking of course. And most lack a true sense of humor. Not a description of a Letterman fan.

Here's Dave spanking Big Bill O'Reilly. I think republicans were in mourning for a week after.

I think if someone else would have started the thread, more fans would have responded. You know, like one of the inclusive types from GYERO.

So you think there are really a lot more Letterman fans that post on the Paddock, but they aren't posting in this thread because you started it rather than a different GYERO poster? Seriously?

Totally calls out those stupid broads for snitching lol.

Thanks agrubs. I was about to go out and vote. Guess that can wait.

Do you really think that's an accurate description of what occurred? I don't think you do. No, I think you're just trying to D League up this thread, but if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Last edited:
So you think there are really a lot more Letterman fans that post on the Paddock, but they aren't posting in this thread because you started it rather than a different GYERO poster? Seriously?

I stick by my "lack of a true sense of humor" statement.

How about you go on about one of those cool marijuana strains, you know, like the one you have in your avatar. Do you smoke?

Last edited:
I stick by my "lack of a true sense of humor" statement.

"True sense of humor" snobbery is internet snobbery at its finest
roll.gif
. Well done.

C'mon all you die-hard Letterman fans (as opposed to us "casual" fans that only loved him for his first 15 or so years), could y'all please help 2blue out by posting in his thread? Don't let wishing it had been another GYERO poster -- or as 2blue put it, a more "inclusive" GYERO poster -- hold you back from showing Dave your unconditional support.

Reactions: FutureCityCats
ADVERTISEMENT